IGNORED

Zoo's Quiz.

Zoo

Fuck me. I've no idea how that's happened because I must have checked the posts about 20 times seeing as nobody had guessed the right answer. Apologies to you Marco although you clearly didn't make your answer clear enough shaking%20fist.png next time I expect it in seven differnt colours!

I've just seen your recent post too with the guesses of Cottee, Campbell and Les Ferdinand. Seeing as I'm guessing you mean Kevin Campbell you have another right answer under your belt. Kevin Campbell scored a hat-trick for Nottingham Forest in 1996 against Coventry City adding his name to the list of opening day scorers - well done.

Seeing as there is only one more to find I'll give out a clue;

It was in the 1993 season and the scorer was playing for Coventry City.

Fuck me. I've no idea how that's happened because I must have checked the posts about 20 times seeing as nobody had guessed the right answer. Apologies to you Marco although you clearly didn't make your answer clear enough shaking%20fist.png next time I expect it in seven differnt colours!

I've just seen your recent post too with the guesses of Cottee, Campbell and Les Ferdinand. Seeing as I'm guessing you mean Kevin Campbell you have another right answer under your belt. Kevin Campbell scored a hat-trick for Nottingham Forest in 1996 against Coventry City adding his name to the list of opening day scorers - well done.

Seeing as there is only one more to find I'll give out a clue;

It was in the 1993 season and the scorer was playing for Coventry City.

He's big, he's round, he's scored at every ground... Mickey Quinn... KOPITE!!!

He's big, he's round, he's scored at every ground... Mickey Quinn... KOPITE!!!

Nice work C, that's the last answer we needed to round off the quiz (hope you all enjoyed it). Mickey Quinn was the first person to score a hat-trick on the opening day of a Premier League season as he guided Coventy City to a convincting 3-0 victory over Arsenal.

you're no anne robinson tongue.png no idea on the last one and yeah kevin campbell was a complete guess! he'd knocked around long enough i though he had a chance of doin it

rofl.gif

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 5:

Seven players have scored hat-tricks on the opening game of the season - name them;

1 -

2 - Dublin; Coventry City 3-2 Chelsea (correctly answered by pete0).

3 - Campbell; Nottingham Forest 3-1 Coventry City (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

4 - Ravenelli; Middlesboro 3-3 Liverpool (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

5 - Le Tissier; Southampton 3-4 Nottingham Forest (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

6 - Agbonlahor; Aston Villa 4-2 Manchester City (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

7 - Drogba; Chelsea 6-0 West Brom (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

B)

cool.png

10 points away for being smug! wink.png

Anyways here is Saturday's Quiz Question, hopefully this time I'll be able to credit the right people with answers! Good Luck to you all;

Zoo's Question of the Day Round 6:

There have been 13 players who have won the Premier League who are the only player from their nation to have done it - name them.

1 - Dimitar Berbatov from Bulgaria; won with Manchester United (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

2 - Juan Antonio Valencia from Ecudaor; won with Manchester United (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

3 - Hernandez from Mexico; won with Manchester United (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

4 - Ji-Sung Park from South Korea; won with Manchester United (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

5 - Dwight Yorke from Trinidad & Tobago; won with Manchester United (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

6 - Christopher Wreah from Liberia; won with Arsenal (correctly answered by c1982).

7 - Alex Manninger from Austria; won with Arsenal (correctly answered by c1982).

8 - Michael Essien from Ghana; won with Chelsea (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

9 - Diego Forlan from Uraguay; won with Manchester United (correctly answered by c1982).

10 - Tomasz Kuszczak from Poland; won with Manchester United (correctly answered by c1982).

11 - Eiður Guðjohnsen from Iceland; won with Chelsea (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

12 - Peter Schmeichel from Denmark; won with Manchester United (correctly answered by c1982).

13 - Oleh Luzhny from Ukraine; won with Arsenal (correctly answered by marcopaulo).

Edited by Zoo

berbatov and valencia surely? bulgaria and ecuador respectively...basically goin through the utd players in my head laugh.png

hernandez - mexico

park - south korea

yorke - trinidad

pretty buggered now as i can't think of any more from odd nations....

Edited by marcopaulo

Berbatov - Bulgaria

Valencia - Ecuador

Hernandez - Mexico

Park - Korea

All of them are right, Dwight Yorke from Trinidad & Tobago is one too, I'm surprised that nobody has said him yet ;)

Well done Marco.

Was thinking Solskjaer but I think Henning Berg won it with Blackburn.

Unlucky Mike, both Solskjaer and Berg have won the Premier League so they rule each other out of the running. Good guess though mate.

Two right, two wrong.

Geremi has won it with Chelsea but so has Lauren with Arsenal (also from Cameroon), Eduardo is also a wrong answer as during his time at Arsenal he never actually won the Premier League (had he though he would have been a correct answer as nobody from Croatia has won it).

Wreh (Arsenal) however is right and he does come from Liberia along with Manninger (Arsenal) who comes from Austria.

essien for ghana? not many ghanian's have played in the prem as far as i know?

Correct.

He's not the first Ghanian to grace the English top tier but he is the only one to have scooped the big prize - well done.

Diego Forlan and Kusczak are correct with the Healy/Liningham being wrong.

Forlan and Kusczak won it with Manchester United and are the only players from Uraguay/Poland to have won the title - well done.

thought essien must be...really struggling after this though...gonna be some right obscure ones i bet

They're not supposed to be easy ;)