johnh

Trump in charge (ex race for the US presidency thread)

Oh no he's here! Bet he wasn't impressed by his reception committee..

"The US President and First Lady were greeted by International Trade Secretary Liam Fox, the Queen's representative and the chief operating officer of Stansted Airport...":lol:

A part of me quite likes that he comes over here and pisses everyone off. He is saying the exact things the politicians dont want him to say, or want us to ignore. Not saying he is right or wrong with what he is saying but it definitely keeps them on their toes.

He does grow on you a bit with his say it as it is attitude even if he gets it wrong a lot of the time.

I wish our leaders stood up for us and the country with some of his no nonsense approach.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He does grow on you a bit with his say it as it is attitude even if he gets it wrong a lot of the time.

I wish our leaders stood up for us and the country with some of his no nonsense approach.

He's not standing up for the USA, only his own interests, and his no-nonsense approach is because his ego outweighs intelligence. 

case in point the "NATO allies don't pay enough for defense, we are pulling out, they offer nothing"

one day goes by 

"i love the NATO allies, they spend plenty, we have some great friends in NATO"

he's literally psychotic.  he changes his opinions and positions with the wind.

4 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

case in point the "NATO allies don't pay enough for defense, we are pulling out, they offer nothing"

one day goes by 

"i love the NATO allies, they spend plenty, we have some great friends in NATO"

he's literally psychotic.  he changes his opinions and positions with the wind.

Now he definitely has a point when he said not all the NATO countries contribute what they should in the agreement of NATO which is 2% GDP, you do we do but Germany who have bigger income to play with don't, how is that right no matter who says it.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

No he doesn't. He's a liar, philanderer, bully, narcissist, and all-round hypocrite who insults America's allies while cozying up to its enemies.

(And if you ask me nicely, I'll tell you how I really feel about him!)

Unfortunately it's looking more likely that you've got another six years of him, if he is thought so badly of why would get the chance of a second term surely he shouldn't get a vote never mind nail on favourite to win it, my thoughts are what does that say about the average American.

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Unfortunately it's looking more likely that you've got another six years of him, if he is thought so badly of why would get the chance of a second term surely he shouldn't get a vote never mind nail on favourite to win it, my thoughts are what does that say about the average American.

What I have always said, they are dumb racist and white.  Come to middle America and go to a wall mart, enjoy the sights

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

What I have always said, they are dumb racist and white.  Come to middle America and go to a wall mart, enjoy the sights

I've only enjoyed the west coast and the people that I've met have been so chilled and friendly, California has got to be heaven on earth.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I've only enjoyed the west coast and the people that I've met have been so chilled and friendly, California has got to be heaven on earth.

depends where in cali,  central valley and north of sacramento is not at all like that.  they have a ballot to split it into 5 states they vote in the fall on it.  

i'm guessing you were in the bay area (san fran, oakland, san jose) or los angeles.

12 hours ago, tonkaroost said:

He's not standing up for the USA, only his own interests, and his no-nonsense approach is because his ego outweighs intelligence. 

Yeh completely, its not like anything he says really makes sense or is consistent but it just hots nerves with people. In your country and for your voters I am not sure it will ever really be a good thing but when he comes over here, slags this and that off, it puts the politicians under pressure as its headline news, which I beleive is something we need at the moment to stop certain people trying to sweep things under the carpet.

14 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yeh completely, its not like anything he says really makes sense or is consistent but it just hots nerves with people. In your country and for your voters I am not sure it will ever really be a good thing but when he comes over here, slags this and that off, it puts the politicians under pressure as its headline news, which I beleive is something we need at the moment to stop certain people trying to sweep things under the carpet.

Strategy wise it makes perfect sense unfortunately

26 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That's right that's why I said he starts grow on you even though he's wrong or ill in formed.

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

depends where in cali,  central valley and north of sacramento is not at all like that.  they have a ballot to split it into 5 states they vote in the fall on it.  

i'm guessing you were in the bay area (san fran, oakland, san jose) or los angeles.

I was, why so different further south I'm guessing it's a north and south money divide.

There's a lot of outrage at the Trump-Putin summit on both sides, and rightly so. Hopefully this sparks something over here. 

Trump made himself and the USA look like pushovers and fools (and we are for voting that clown in). 

Putin has never been happier. 

37 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

There's a lot of outrage at the Trump-Putin summit on both sides, and rightly so. Hopefully this sparks something over here. 

Trump made himself and the USA look like pushovers and fools (and we are for voting that clown in). 

Putin has never been happier. 

So this is where Americans finally draw the line.

2 hours ago, holystove said:

So this is where Americans finally draw the line.

nope,  because i went to fox news and their headlines read it's only the dems and the mueller "witch hunt" condemning trump, they phrase it as " both leaders tout meeting as a success" as if they don't despise russia (they do very much so).  

nothing will happen.  the mueller indictment will be the only thing that could possibly sway those people.

56 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

nope,  because i went to fox news and their headlines read it's only the dems and the mueller "witch hunt" condemning trump, they phrase it as " both leaders tout meeting as a success" as if they don't despise russia (they do very much so).  

nothing will happen.  the mueller indictment will be the only thing that could possibly sway those people.

There was someone on Fox that was calling him a disgrace, so the tide maybe turning a little 

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

There was someone on Fox that was calling him a disgrace, so the tide maybe turning a little 

It will be redacted and the journalist fired.  He did an interview with the fucking S*N while in England matt.  He loved Murdoch’s rags and they love him

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I saw that last night... absolutely unreal!

It's really amazing how he can steer a conversation to make these people say exactly what he wants.  I'm sure if they look back at the video they won't believe it themselves.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44864739

he must have incredible neck muscles, never seems to suffer from whiplash as he 180s on every topic he’s involved in. 

I think for the next controversy (ie next week), we should have a poll on how long we think it will take for him to contradict himself and claim fake news. 

... and his most ardent supporters will believe him, no matter how much he contradicts himself.

The most cringe-worthy part of the summit was how he kept asking about Hillary's servers when asked about election meddling. He immediately deflected and went on a rant about them. It's so ridiculous that two years later he's talking about that rather than answering the question about Russian meddling.

Now that the tariffs set by Trump are starting to hurt the people in his own heart land of support more than most, and the big economies of the world never backed down as he expected but took him on head to head, and if experts have been suggesting is true it's causing more pain to the USA than any individual country will he back down or will he carry on.

When you think that it won't be too long before he is campaigning for a 2nd term, will this be the issue that loses him his 2nd term or will he still be able to convince the people it's hurting the most that it's in their best interest.

For me I feel he is on a suicide mission that in some ways he has orchestrated himself in the hope that he doesn't win that 2nd term, but it would let him walk away not as a quitter because that would be un-American and un-Trump like, but as someone who lost because he wouldn't turn back on what he believed in, and that would in his world make him the All American superhero and he can live off that for the rest of his days.

the problem with him is that he just lies about everything.  someone will say the tariffs are hurting americans and he will retort no they aren't they are helping the _________.  those people will cheer (if they are hurt or not) and it effectively nullified that point.  it's remarkable really, people just want to hear things are better and not actually see it be better.

i think it will take every liberal, minority, and woman to actually vote to get this guy out of there.  even then he might not even accept the result of the vote (he said in the past he wouldn't).  

31 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

the problem with him is that he just lies about everything.  someone will say the tariffs are hurting americans and he will retort no they aren't they are helping the _________.  those people will cheer (if they are hurt or not) and it effectively nullified that point.  it's remarkable really, people just want to hear things are better and not actually see it be better.

i think it will take every liberal, minority, and woman to actually vote to get this guy out of there.  even then he might not even accept the result of the vote (he said in the past he wouldn't).  

See the subjects of poverty and wages here. Government just puts spin more people are working than ever.. Makes it even worse that they are paid less than ever. Fuck knows how there's not been a revolution here yet. 

13 minutes ago, pete0 said:

See the subjects of poverty and wages here. Government just puts spin more people are working than ever.. Makes it even worse that they are paid less than ever. Fuck knows how there's not been a revolution here yet. 

the TV keeps them pacified.