Sign in to follow this  
Adams

Vdm Suspended

Andy van der Meyde has been suspended by David Moyes following a breach of club discipline.

The Dutch winger was not involved at Tottenham Hotspur on Tuesday evening and he is not in the squad for the weekend game at Reading.

van der Meyde has been disciplined following his non-appearance at training on the Sunday following the opening day success against Wigan Athletic at Goodison Park.

He has subsequently been suspended for a week by the manager and he has been handed the maximum fine possible.

"Andy has had numerous warnings about this type of thing and we won't tolerate it any longer," said Moyes.

"I will make a decision regarding the player's future next week."

Right thats it he takes the piss. The prick can fuck off.

Zed    1
He'd been given a chance in pre season and this is how he repays the club? Fuck him.

the problem is, to get rid of the tosser we would have to pay him a fourtune. Like hes arsed about anything

I wonder if they have a disaplinary like nomal work, so you get a verbal, then a written and so on, then you get the sack

trouble is if no one will take him then we have to pay his contract up.

Maybe we can ship out for a free transfer.

maybe swap him for Vogal??????

Waste of space

4pi    0

I jus can't understand any footballer doin this why not turn up. me personally would love to jus kick a football around for a few hours every day!

plus get payed a fortune for doin it!!

I dont think we'll sack him or owt stupid like that. i think he'll jus be told he can jus go on a free if he finds a club or he can jus train with the kids.

how big is his contract then? he's been here for a few years it must be half way through already, and he never plays so all he's doing is taking up the place of someone who DOES want to play football for efc, even if it's just one of the kids in the youth team.

Ok i agree now, he should go. Is he an idiot? He has had his last chance to impress us and i really thought he was going to do it. He got himself fit and was ready to be there if needed. He will regret that he never got to stay at a great club such as everton when he is playing for some bottom of the league dutch team.

Get rid as soon as possible Moyes, you may be lucky to get 500k for him.

get this fucker out of our club..i dont care what we lose on him he doesnt deserve to play for everton....bye bye alco,waster,fatty dutch prick!!!

As much as where all anfry at him i dont think his nationality should have been brought into that rant at him, everything else i can agree on but not the nationality jib.

Have a bit of trouble accepting "alco" as an insult also. Had a bad feeling personally from the moment Pienaar came off the bench ahead of him against Wigan, knew that'd fuck him up. I think it's a great shame, a huge waste of talent and it makes me very sad, but he's crossed the line once too often even for me. Zero tolerance needed now for himself as much as for Everton.

It was inevitable from the first Day, can only blame the club for taking him in the first place without checking his history, and they even by-passed his medical cos he had a groin strain when he arrived ^_^ , they fell for it hook line and sinker.

Dont like saying i told you so ...... But.

I hope there is nobody left out there who still thinks this waster is a great player.

Zed    1
I hope there is nobody left out there who still thinks this waster is a great player.

I hope there is ANY OTHER CLUBS MANAGER

I didn't expect the club to publically criticise a player like this, looks like he will be out of Everton by the 31st.

I totally agree to the above. I for one, thought of him having one last chance and seeing him do well this season but yet again another dark cloud hangs above him.

Only thing is how do we get rid of him? Lets hope a club want him and we can get him out. Even if its on loan to someone like Burnley for the season, then if he plays and improves his worth we could even get some money for him at end of season! (I know its not realistic but its possible!) B)

im suprised how leaniant the fans have been with him, against breman he was still geting cheers and the fans have had nothing in return from him accept watching him do kick ups in the warm up sessions and then floping on the pitch.

If we can't get rid without losing loads of money,Why then can't we keep finding ways

to fine him!

Like getting him to play in the reserves!....he wont turn up...We fine him!

Spike his water bottle with alcohol!...he wont remember he didn't put it in...We fine him!

In the canteen,load him up with calories.....he'll enjoy that...overweight...we fine him!

Untill he's so pissed off he does a runner.....we fine him!

Result he's paid his own wages...and he moves on!!

If we can't get rid without losing loads of money,Why then can't we keep finding ways

to fine him!

Like getting him to play in the reserves!....he wont turn up...We fine him!

Spike his water bottle with alcohol!...he wont remember he didn't put it in...We fine him!

In the canteen,load him up with calories.....he'll enjoy that...overweight...we fine him!

Untill he's so pissed off he does a runner.....we fine him!

Result he's paid his own wages...and he moves on!!

haha, good idea, i certainly wouldnt want any more of Everton's money going to him to pay for the next round in the pub. It really annoys me that a player with his ability just doesnt seem to be intrested in football at the moment at all.

Although everyone wants to sell him i think the idea of a loan to some place is a good idea. Send him to Leeds, Dennis wise will make short work of him.

Ok when VDM first came to everton i was very excited 2 watch him play with the blues becouse ive seen him play befor and had been very impressed. Ive always thougt if he got enough chances in first team he would become very much a key player but as its come to see VDM is a lazy un commited player. Everton can not be doin with sum1 like VDM in the squad and should be thrown into the reserves untill he retires :rolleyes:

Im very dissapointed with VDM fort he could be a good player for the club but i was proved wrong

«« Born blue »»

«« Live blue »»

«« Stay blue »»

«« Die blue »»

«« 100% blue »»

One last chance? give me a break.

Admitadle its harsh about his child, must be difficult for any parent, but he could at least call if he isn't going to bother turning up to training, or maybe he spent his pocket money on a couple of swift pints rather than topping up his mobile.

One last chance? give me a break.

Admitadle its harsh about his child, must be difficult for any parent, but he could at least call if he isn't going to bother turning up to training, or maybe he spent his pocket money on a couple of swift pints rather than topping up his mobile.

:D Nicely put Jamie, I hope they dont hang on to him again, we have ten Days to ship him out, or he will have another Million pounds going into the kitty for doing Fook all.

if hes been warned enough times bout this then they could cancel his contract under misconduct. if the right channels and procedures have been followed. fuck him off!

Even though it saddens me to hear about his child i dont think this will save him. The only thing would be if he gave his heart against Blackburn (but thats not gonna happen), to show he cares about this club. But i think he will be gone before the end of the window.

This player has been nothing short of disappointing, only flattering to decieve since he came. Everton have been funding his personal self destrruction for long enough. Time to get rid!!! He has been suspended on the grounds of breach of contract, therefore, if he was dismissed for the same reason, he wouldn't be entitled to a bean from the club. If you had a 5 year contract with an employer and you repeatedly turned up for work paraletic or even not turn up, you would be dismissed without any recompense because you didn't keep to your side of the contract. These footballers have the best job in the world, but they forget it's a job that they are paid ridiculous sums for. Get rid of the idiot. How many chances does someone need????? The money could be spent on someone who actually wants to play and win trophies raher than piss it up a wall.

VDM is getting paid at Everton to do litterlly nothing, not even sit on the subs bench!!! Hes taking wages off the club when they could be funding a new/better players wages.

I hope he discovers this site and reads this thread :)

VDM antics are like that of an alco who begs for 2ns chance after 2nd chance. What amazes me is Dm let's him carry on. Moyes sounds like one hell of a strict manager and hates anyone who screws around with team spirit just pay him up and get him out.

"Even though it saddens me to hear about his child"

:huh: What happened?

his daughter who was born 5 months ago hasnt spent a day out of hospital, this is why they think he skipped training to be with his daughter. i know you may think this is a lie but if its true you will feel terrible if something happens.

Moyes said he would deal with this this week why hasn't he made a call on what happens I think we have to accpet that shandy is doomed and all the positive comments we heard at the begining of the season have been in vein

Moyes said he would deal with this this week why hasn't he made a call on what happens I think we have to accpet that shandy is doomed and all the positive comments we heard at the begining of the season have been in vein

Freudian slip there Bobby :lol::lol: . The problem seems to be in his veins :( .

"I will make a decision regarding the player's future next week."

That was nearly two weeks ago, anyone heard anything? Needs to be decided one way or another by tomorrow I'd have thought.

Possibly, but IMO the club would not have made a big deal about it if it wasn't for his prior. I also think nothing would have been said if he had used a modern invention called a telephone and rang the club to let them know what was going on. As an employer myself, you only take action when it is warranted. Yes, if that is the reason he has been disciplined, I think everyone would agree that this was harsh. But, and it is a big but, any Premiership club would not put themselves in for that kind of criticism had the action not been justified. Why hasn't VDM come out and vindicated himself in the press if he feels aggrieved. I admit, he probably feels his domestic situation is more important, but he is letting this situation become a critical influence on his future career if he has been villified by not putting everyone right. I think also, that most people are just fed up of players generally, not necessarily just VDM, wasting their talents through drink etc. and then coming back saying they have changed and this year they are going to put it right, It is an old cliche to be honest, and with the profile that Premiership and International players have, this behaviour is now widely regarded as completely unacceptable.

I do hope that my opinion is wrong, that this was all a big misunderstanding, and that VDM can resurrect his game and reputation with us here. There is no doubt he has talent. But we have heard it all before, and in this case, I'm afraid that I will remain cynical. But he is still here, and the club seems to be doing thing very quietly at the moment, so who knows. I guess we'll just have to see. This is just my opinion. :rolleyes:

All this talk of suspension etc really does make me wonder at the effectiveness of the people at the club who draw up player contracts. Let's face it, if it were you or I playing up like VDM we would be shown the door with the message "and don't slam it behind you" ringing in our ears.

If a player won't sign a contract that states that he will be "suspended without pay" in the event that he cocks up big-time on drugs or piss - then we shouldn't WANT to sign him - simple as that.

There would have to be some arbitration I imagine in the event of it happening.

As far as VDM is concerned, he has had many 2nd chances. It wouldn't take too much work to discover the truth about this episode.

If he has cocked up again - he has broken his contract & should be treated as such.

^^ AGREE! HE CANT EVEN MAKE THE BENCH, EVERTON SHOULD JUST LET HIM GO BECAUSE I AM SICK OF HIM AND IM SURE EVERYBODY ELSE IS TOO.

Lets face it, even though moyes has had problems with him, with alcohol, robbed house and missing training etc... he's never been given a chance, he played class one game at home he started. If he is gunna stay we should give him a chance to prove himself.

The sad thing is he has an amazing amount of talent not long back he tore Arsenal to pieces in the champions league at highbury. And was very highly thought of in Italy.

just a jakey now though