IGNORED

Stubbs

With Yobo away its a no for me.

Can normally rely on Stubbs when he is needed. Not the quickest but normally can hold his own against most teams.

Not going to get a great deal of money for him so there is no point for me.

Would rather keep him as back up. What happens if Jags or Lescott gets injured in the next game?

what a fucking stupid move by the club

unless stubbs wanted to leave, which i very much doubt, this is stunning

only thing i can think is tht we have a replacement to come in...but even so, such an important player to the squad for nothing, why bother

Edited by CraccerC

Well, shame for us I think, not really sure what we're getting out of this. If he's over his injury though I imagine he'll get some real playing time at Derby, wouldn't be surprised to see him come back into the Everton family once this contract is run out though.

Best of luck to him, but praying we bring something in.

Stubbs was told the club will not decide whether they wisht o enter into contract negotiations until the summer.

Derby came in

Bid was accepted

£400,000 saved in wages

I don't see a problem... I lost respect for him when he publically said the club he thought the club wouldn't give him a two year deal because he had cancer.

Good luck to him but this is a stupid bit of business by Everton.

We don't gain in anyway out of this deal.

Short of numbers again at the club and if Les or Jags gets injured we are completely screwed.

Already been told no transfers coming in and not getting any money means that won't change.

Just hope this does not come and bite us in the arse come the end of the season when we on here about our defence costing us a place in Europe due to injuries.

Be interested to see the bench for saturdays game, if he was fit Stubbsy was always on it, now we shall have a bench comprising of a goalie, VD Meyde, Da silva, some kid, and another kid, or Victor, none of who are going to get a game. :D:o

Cahill could be playing for australia, and Ossie might not be fit, its another shit formation and he gets rid of the only senior player we have who was able to play. :rolleyes:

Well we have Gardner now, so hopefully he can do as cover at least until Yobo comes back because in case anybody here forgot, when Joey is here Jags NEVER gets into the team (and rightly so), which means that Jags is always on the bench or cover for various positions. Add the more mobile Gardner to that and we've got four back up CBs who I think should do us until the end of the season.

I say good luck to Stubbsy - he always played his heart out for us.

Does anyone know if we've got an option to buy Gardner? Personally I hate us giving money to the spurts. If he does well for us then sods off back to shite hart lane then I don't see the point of having him at Everton.

We never really buy any good players from Tottenham. V Samways, S Davies spring to mind.

I've always gone on the opinion that Tottenham players are well overated, but cos they are in London they get looked at more. Woodgate straight into the England set-up?! Yes he's good, but never really got a look when he was at Boro.