IGNORED

Brann. (away)

EFCfanatic

Thats alright as long as VDM is there we will be fine :huh:

Would like to see Yaks and Aj up front and go for the game to try to win it on the night and not have to worry to much when they back at ours the week later.

Howard,

Neville, Yobo, Jags, Lesscott

Osman, Cahill, Carsley,Fernandes

AJ, Yaks

Nice Prediction, Switch manny and ossie :P

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great performance but a really good result. Will be a more relaxed game next week. Jags was again brilliant, J.Lo played well, ossie is slowly getting back. Yak was good as well, he looks more like an "Everton" player, with his work rate improving all the time.

Cahill and manny never really got into the game and against a better team we would have been punished, oh well. Good win

They were decent.

Good shape, though wouldnt knock the skin off a rice pudding unless invited.

Got to understand european football is all being patient, I think we are getting there.

Jagielka was very good again, I thoguht Cahill did well in the middle, diff role to usual & am sure the Cahill kickers will disagree, but felt he stopped in fornt of Crasley & did well. Espec wif Manu turning the ball over all the time.

Lescott's pace is deceiving isnt it, looks clumsy then skips past.

Phill Neville, of 20 odd attempted crosses did ANY get over ? defensively Phillw as fine, but gettin forward he made Hibbert look a decent option ( scary)

All in all, 2-0 has us in the box seat, bring on the last 16.

Not a great performance but a really good result. Will be a more relaxed game next week. Jags was again brilliant, J.Lo played well, ossie is slowly getting back. Yak was good as well, he looks more like an "Everton" player, with his work rate improving all the time.

Cahill and manny never really got into the game and against a better team we would have been punished, oh well. Good win

Fully agreed.....

If it was some other game, maybe their goal would had been allowed....

2 crucial away goals for us without arteta or pienaar. it wasnt pleasent to watch and at times i felt like kicking in the screen. but a wins a win. now we dont have any games now until the second leg itl give players a chance to rest a few days and recover. and also arteta or pienaar will be fit to play the next leg at home

I think you Neville bashers are being a bit harsh, yeah i know he failed to get 9 out of every 10 crosses past the 1st defender, but if you put a pedometer on him i bet he covered more ground than anybody on the pitch, he was not only a fullback but a bloody good winger also. Back 4 were all tremendous tonight, a special mention for Jags and Yobo, Lescott also for his forays down the wing. Awesome. Yakubu also gets an honoury mention and Ossie for running himself to a standstill. Shame Cahills shot didnt go in cos i think he needs a lift but also did some hard work.

Fernandes will have to pull his socks up cos i cant see Moyes picking him if we have a fit full squad. Hope Pienaar is back for the next game.

Considering the weakened squad we had out it was an excellent result. :)

yeah another waste of space performance from Fernandez apart from a couple of good touches. Excellent performance from Jagielka, Yakubu and Osman, whilst Yobo, Casrley also played well. Neville was poor, Lescott was ok - great pass for the goal, Cahill not very good and AJ useless again. Watching us play 442 and seeing Yakubu up front alongside AJ just highlights the gulf in class. Yakubu looks every inch an £12m striker, AJ looks like the new Radzinski (minus the pace). I am developing an unnatural disliking of AJ, he even runs annoyingly, why won't Moyes just play Vaughan? We have to sell AJ in the summer and get someone else in, he isn't good enough and unless we sell him quick every other manager is going to realise it as well. Anichebe comes on and knows where the goal is, if AJ was on the pitch I'd be surprised if he was even in the box and if he was he'd probably miss it. But back to Yakubu, he looks superb.

I thought we played well today, Jagielka and Yakubu wer superb, I thought Fernandes played alot better today, he did give it away a few times but his vision an passing ability goes un notised alot of the time, Neville irritated me so much, crossing is meant to be one of his greater attributes and I know for a fact Tony Hibbert would have done alot better on every occasion down that side. Osman took his goal well, A.J played ok, he's too weak imo tho he gets bullied by every defender he plays against. Cahil was quiet but he done ok, Lescott done well, he flys up the left like he's a winger when he's a centerback.

good result!

I thought we played well today, Jagielka and Yakubu wer superb, I thought Fernandes played alot better today, he did give it away a few times but his vision an passing ability goes un notised alot of the time, Neville irritated me so much, crossing is meant to be one of his greater attributes and I know for a fact Tony Hibbert would have done alot better on every occasion down that side. Osman took his goal well, A.J played ok, he's too weak imo tho he gets bullied by every defender he plays against. Cahil was quiet but he done ok, Lescott done well, he flys up the left like he's a winger when he's a centerback.

good result!

im taking it you didnt see it when Fernandes had a corner, had 3 trys at it and still didnt get it in the box,

i thought Cahill did well 2day and deserves to stay in the team.

and when Vic Came on why did Yak Drop Deep and think he was Steve Gerrard?

Edited by jacko1990