IGNORED

Brann. (away)

EFCfanatic

You need to remember Manny was carrying an injury tonight and although he made a few loose passes he also made some excellent ones.

Howard - Good shot stopper but needs to work on crosses.

Neville - Was he injured or something 'coz he is usually an excellent crosser? Thought he was crap defensively as well tonight. Constantly out of position.

Yobo - Didn't think he had the best of games tonight at all. Looked very dodgy.

Jagielka - My MOTM by a mile. He was the one defender we could rely on tonight, he stopped everything.

Lescott - Not the best of games from Joley for me. Defensively quite poor and not his usual excellent attacking self. Although, great ball for Vic.

Manny - Like I've said above, he was carrying an injury and probably played better than he has since he's been back. Not brilliant but better.

Cahill - I thought he had his best game for us for a while. Tackled back an awful lot and kept it simple.

Carsley - A liability at times. He gets too far ahead of play and doesn't have the legs to get back.

Osman - Superb tonight. Our best midfielder by a long way. He took his goal excellently too

AJ - Didn't have much to work from tbh but he ran after many a lost cause. He looks like he's been working on his ball control too, it was a lot better than it has been.

Yak - Excellent tonight. The reaction I think we were all looking for. He chased back, came deep for link up play etc. I couldn't have asked for more tbh, except maybe a goal ;p

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fernandes was shite tonight, fuck me he gave the ball away alot.

AJ worked hard i thought, great goals for us tho, 2-0 away is something many on here wouldnt of thought.

Jags again MOTM.

good result all in all.

Aj always works hard, as does Dirk Kuyt, but you can only be disguised by workrate as a substitute for class for so long. Oh and how bad were Brann, we could put out our youth team in the second leg and I'd fancy us getting through, we didn't even get out of first gear. In saying that, we had some nervous moments defensively with chasms in front of our back 4 for their midfielders to run into, it's what happens when we play a midfield 4, a better team would have punished us.

Aj always works hard, as does Dirk Kuyt, but you can only be disguised by workrate as a substitute for class for so long. Oh and how bad were Brann, we could put out our youth team in the second leg and I'd fancy us getting through, we didn't even get out of first gear. In saying that, we had some nervous moments defensively with chasms in front of our back 4 for their midfielders to run into, it's what happens when we play a midfield 4, a better team would have punished us.

It was a case of having to tho Carl, we didnt have a 5th midfielder to play, if we did i'm sure DM would have played 4-5-1.

Agree with the Johnson comment, Beattie also did a lot of chasing but was rubbish, AJ is not half the player he was when we bought him and if we could get decent money for him i would replace him.

Good result and puts us in the driving seat to get through to the next round.

Yaks played well and ran his socks off I thought.

Thought that although Manny was not in the game I thought that a lot of his 'vision' for his pass was something we was missing without having Arteta in the squad.

i thought manny did well for about 60 minutes...then clearly tired, some of his passes were just top class, that vision certainly adds something extra, you could see with ossie cahill and neville and their 1-2s on the right that none of em had an ounce of vision when it comes to finding a pass, although they kept the ball it was almost embarrassing.

overall, poor performance, and a fortunate good result....brann didn't deserve to lose 2-0...vi was offside, and that a foul by cahill i thought.

[/b]

It was a case of having to tho Carl, we didnt have a 5th midfielder to play, if we did i'm sure DM would have played 4-5-1.

Agree with the Johnson comment, Beattie also did a lot of chasing but was rubbish, AJ is not half the player he was when we bought him and if we could get decent money for him i would replace him.

yeah I agree, we had to play 442 last night and the way we've been playing recently even with a 451 I think Moyes had to change something - I just wish he'd give Vaughan a chance.

Also, thinking back on it I was a bit unfair in Fernandez, I still think overall he didn't exactly set the match alight but he did show flashes of ability, still he has to do more than that if we're going to sign him for anything like £12m.

^ i wouldn't sign him on what he's done thus far, but you can see the class there....it's just pathetic that we didn't bring in reinforcements because we knew he wasn't fit, we now ossie needs more time, cahill needs a rest. it's really really poor how things are right now...and yet johnson seems to get the stick for the lack of goals, football makes me laugh sometimes

I know we have a few injuries at the moment but makes me laugh when DM comes out about stuggling to get a side out due to it.

He knows what the situation is and if have a couple of injuries we going to be in trouble so you bring in reinforcements in the transfer window to cover that. Not bring in as many people that leave then say we hit by injuries

it was jsut bad judgement...he knew we'd lose pienaar to african nations, he obviously knew grav wasn't going to feature, ossie was already injured, and manny wasn't fit enough to play 90 week in week out. so i guess he thought let's just risk it and hope we get lucky or something along them lines, poor really, can't be just hoping someone doesn't get injured.

Moyes really hates being rushed into signings. Players must fit into certain criteria etc. regarding team spirit and so on. Which is a great thing! But sometimes you need to get players in fast. He new by the fianl days of the window of the problems we would be facing. Its a time of the season when injurys are more common, you can't leave the injury list down to the gods of fate.

Moyes hates being rushed full stop. It's the same with subs, he needs a 3 and a half hour game to make decisions. It pisses me off. Like, last night you could see after 50mins-60mins the majority of our team were dead on their feet and he delayed and delayed. It's definitely part of him that he needs to work on - quicker decision making.

i thought manny did well for about 60 minutes...then clearly tired, some of his passes were just top class, that vision certainly adds something extra, you could see with ossie cahill and neville and their 1-2s on the right that none of em had an ounce of vision when it comes to finding a pass, although they kept the ball it was almost embarrassing.

Well Said, I dont think ive ever agreed more with a post on toffeetalk than that :mellow:

Best bits from the match!

Well done the camerman for picking out all that Scandinavian totty in the crowd....and the somersaulting (backward) fan....if only Neville could cross with such precision as that lad showed!

A win is a win!.....Again not a great one, but anyone remember when luckypool had a good team back in the 70's and 80's?

They played a lot of sideways football in their European away legs and the phrase"Hansen back to the goalkeeper"....was a popular one!They were the marsters of the 1-0 away win, and not always against great teams.

It's just part and parcel of European football......We didn't play well!......but we didn't concede a goal....and we won!

I hope we do get Pienar, arteta Cahill Ossie and Carsley in the midield

We will then see the best of the creative players

The patched up midfield did the a job though

Jaglielka is looking very commanding as a no nonsense defender, long may it continue

The reslut is what matters though

Wonder how we'll do in the next round against some classier oppos (IE Fiorentina)