IGNORED

Portsmouth

MikeO

With Villa playing at Arsenal on Saturday and hopefully losing (not guaranteed obviously) we have a great chance to put clear space between us and the chasing pack.

Liverpool also have a tricky (for them ;) ) trip to Notlob with Rafa probably resting a few ahead of Inter.

Unbelievable position to be in....only five points behind Chelsea ffs!!

Can see nothing but a home win given the form we're in....another 2-0 for me.

Edited by MikeO

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carsley suspended so he'll have to rejig the midfield. Fernandes injured (maybe) and pretty ineffective so far anyway.

Hibbo definite stay at right back and have Neville, Arteta (hopefully), Osman, Cahill & Pienaar in mid. He's unlikely to go 4-4-2 without Cars I'd have thought.

1-0 or 2-0 to the blues. Osman will get on the scoresheet again I feel.

Does anybody think we can catch Chelsea? I know they have a game in hand but they've got to come to Goodison and play the arse and Manure again I think.

Easy tiger, but I suppose theres no harm in setting your sights high

The old Evertonian lack of opptimism and waiting for the bubble to burst stops me from thinking too big

I'll take each game as it comes, a resounding 3-0 win as the perfect treat for my mum

3rd.......4th.......5th??............Just sit back and enjoy this excellent season and see where it takes us.If we can keep up present form you never know!

Confidence can't be bought, and at the moment ours is 10/10.

Portsmouth won't be looking forward to this game that's for sure.

How do you break down....Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott and a revitilsed Hibbert?

How do you out work Carsley, Osman, Pinaar and Cahill?

And how do you stop the Yak scoring...or maybe AJ.....or erm Vaughan or perhaps Anichebe?

Why Everton coud even call upon Arteta.....just for fun!

Over to you Harry Redknapp :unsure:

With Villa playing at Arsenal on Saturday and hopefully losing (not guaranteed obviously) we have a great chance to put clear space between us and the chasing pack.

Liverpool also have a tricky (for them ;) ) trip to Notlob with Rafa probably resting a few ahead of Inter.

Unbelievable position to be in....only five points behind Chelsea ffs!!

Can see nothing but a home win given the form we're in....another 2-0 for me.

Liverscum play the week after the other champions league games mike, as its the san siro and AC are at home that week.

I think 2-0 to us, Yak and Cahill

Liverscum play the week after the other champions league games mike, as its the san siro and AC are at home that week.

:lol::lol: Two fuck-ups in one thread....on form today :unsure: .

Anyway Pompey's away form may appear impressive but they've lost at City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Sunderland (and drawn at Derby :huh: ).

The only away wins of note were at Blackburn in September and Villa in December.

Anywhere near top form and we'll stroll it (as long as the players don't go in with that attitude).

Massive game (again). We got a great result at City but it counts for nothing unless we back it up at home against a decent, physical side. We are a better team than Portsmouth, I have no doubt, but we need to play as well as the other night if we want to definitely get those 3 points. Portsmouth will know if they lose that basically rules them out of 4th spot and makes even 5th or 6th unlikely so they will be fired up. This is exactly where I wanted Everton to be at this stage of the season, the games are running out and everyone knows they can't afford to slip up otherwise the gap will become insurmountable, if we could just win the next 2 games then I think we will open up clear water between us and most of the teams. The pressure is on all our rivals big time, at the moment it's only 3 points between us and Villa (with superior goal difference) with about 11 games to go, if we win on Sunday and they lose to Arsenal then it's 6 points (with better gd) with 10 games to go, that is a big ask, especially when all the teams have games coming up which you would realistically expect them to lose. We just need daylight between us and Liverpool at the derby, then the players need to remember the last derby and stuff Liverpool, then 4th is ours! :)

I'd go for the same team as Monday, except bring in Arteta for Hibbert.

this is wrong. so so wrong. im an evertonian and i have a problem. I dont forsee us loosing sunday, i dont forsee us drawing, i think we will win. This just doesnt seem right.

I would take 1-0 or 2-0 to us. Yak and a 40 yard screemer from Pip hehe

They have won 8 away....we have won 8 at home!

one final thing...i was at the pompy game last year. it was by far the best game i have been to. the atmosphere in the second half (from both sets of fans!) was amazing, and the second half i didnt sit down in the lower glad. i really hope for a simular game sunday!

just to clear this up did pienaar go of injured against city ?

and also any news on fernandes?...... even though nobody likes him anymore

it was probably to just rest him for sunday, I hate the way all the fans are on Fernandes back, his confidence is obviously low and he's trying to hard to impress imo, he needs to just keep things simple more often, his passing ability goes un-notised half the time, the lads a class act when he's up for it.

it was probably to just rest him for sunday, I hate the way all the fans are on Fernandes back, his confidence is obviously low and he's trying to hard to impress imo, he needs to just keep things simple more often, his passing ability goes un-notised half the time, the lads a class act when he's up for it.

exactly my thoughts mate

in our current sucsess alot of fans have developed this fickle nature and just demand of him what he was last season when he has barely played all season.

these are the fans who slaged the yak and jagielka early in the season and now love them to bits. give him some time an let his confidence grow

he has shown sparks of briliance spreading cross field balls and little triangles mostly vs brann in the second leg but also in other games.

he just needs to cut out those few silly mistakes and weel have our manny back all I plead for is abit of patience .

I'm sorry but he's getting paid enough money and he should be delivering better performances. Cahill hadn't kicked a ball all season, came back from injury and scored something like 6 goals in 8 games and transformed our season, so there is no excuse for Fernandez who has hardly been injured, just lazy. He looked a good player last year, with a LOT of potential, but even last year he went missing in games (yes he scored a good goal against Utd but he was very poor tracking back the whole game) and he has carried on in that vein. We can all forgive the odd misplaced pass, what you can't forgive is his lacsadaisacal attitude, his laziness at certain times and general poor decision making, he hasn't looked up for it at all. Portsmouth shipped him out quick, Valencia bought him for big money then didn't play him virtually at all and have farmed him out to us, questions have to be asked about his temperament. We are gunning for 4th, it could earn us approx £20m and help transform the club, we have no room for fancy dans consistently giving the ball away, not pulling their weight and nearly costing us a goal every game they play. I wouldn't even put Fernandez on the bench at the moment, not when every point is so crucial and everyone else in the squad has delivered so much. I rate Fernandez, as does virtually every Everton fan, but he's been very poor since he's been back and he's had enough time to get up to speed. Very disappointing.

Everyone got on Jagielka's back when he arrived because he was rubbish at RB and in CM, now he's gone to CB and he's proved he can do the job, which everyone can recognise. Yakubu was criticised because he was lazy, because of that criticism and some great management Yakubu has turned into a different player, Yakubu was also a proven class act in the Premiership. Fernandez seems to have a very inflated opinion of his own talent, orange boots and all that, which so far this season he has failed to back up with anything resembling a decent performance. If Fernandez wants the fans off his back (and I think the fans have been very forgiving and patient) then he should start putting some performances in. Simple as that.

Hear Hear, you can forgive a player cocking up now and again but what you cant forgive is the lack of effort, and like i have already said in a previous post, Manny didnt look up for it against city and was looking for any excuse to get off the pitch, no effort, and no workrate.

When the going gets tough the tough get going but Manny didnt, i think he'll have to earn his place with a few better games than those he's shown so far.

Hear Hear, you can forgive a player cocking up now and again but what you cant forgive is the lack of effort, and like i have already said in a previous post, Manny didnt look up for it against city and was looking for any excuse to get off the pitch, no effort, and no workrate.

When the going gets tough the tough get going but Manny didnt, i think he'll have to earn his place with a few better games than those he's shown so far.

Definitely and I can't see Moyes signing him for even £7m on his current form/mentality.

The question is was he even injured against City, Moyes said he didn't know what was wrong with him, did Moyes pull him because he was a shambles or because he had some minor ailment, who knows but I was glad to see the back of him based on his 10 minutes pitch time. The sad state of affairs is this, when we were winning 2 0 against City, I was saying to my brother and dad, the only chance City have is if Moyes brings on Fernandez, then I saw him warming up and I couldn't believe it. As soon as he came on for Pienaar I was calling for AJ instead as I knew that at least AJ would pull his weight, true enough Fernandez had another shocker. Fernandez screwed us over in the Summer, then came back making big noises and we all gave him the benefit of the doubt, I expected him to grab the chance and really go for it, instead he's looked lazy, disinterested and seems content only in trying stupid tricks in dangerous areas rather than contributing anything to the team effort. I mean, we can all recognise Arteta has been out of form for his high standards (possibly injury related) but what you can't argue with is his workrate and commitment. That's the least every player should give.

Imo A well fought 2-0 victory against these went poor lately good time to play them if you ask me. I'm sure Fernandes will start playin well he only has 12 games to prove his worth and i think he will.

He was hoping that he wouldnt have to because of his performances last season but I think in the City game he realised that hes got to up his game otherwise he going back to Spain where is career and talent will go to waster.

Fernandez screwed us over in the Summer, then came back making big noises and we all gave him the benefit of the doubt,

got to say there were a good few of us who said he could f*ck off after the way him (or his agents, makes no difference) screwed us over in the summer. that, together with whatever theft accusations were levelled against him, should have been enough to show that he is a potential problem child with a questionable attitude and commitment. perhaps he's just not matured yet and needs the right manager to get the best out of him - maybe that will be moyes after all. but then again maybe he's just a twat a la' joey barton.

anyway back to sunday

1-0 to us, fernandes replicating maradonna's jinxing goal from the half-way line in '86 ;)

Again another tough game. I'm going for a 2-0 win also cahill and yak! On the Manny issue its hard to say. I'm caught in the middle. He has made some poor mistakes and has tried too many tricks at times but in some other games (or periods in games) he has looked a class above the rest in terms of vision and ability. I have faith in DM and he sees him on the training ground day in day out and if he doesn't work hard bye bye! if he does then he will be an aset to the team as he is quality. Big problem is only about a dozen games left plus Europe if he does pull it out of the bag will he next year? Can't afford another VDM!

Think this will be a very close game. Im gonna go 3-2 to us. Think there will be goals in this one. Hopefuly we'll get to see Arteta and Pienaar together again and have some real attacking threat.

As for the manny argument, he hasn't impressed as much as he did last year. But i think that it took him a fair while to settle he last year. The first game that i thought he was real class was the arsenal game, before that he'd shown glimpses but in my eyes didn't begin to play full games and really get stuck in until mid march. For me the jury is still out on him, i love seeing the lad play but knowing the class that he has it frustrates me when he doesn't always use it. This is what it must be like for spurs fans with berbatov.