IGNORED

Portsmouth

MikeO

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2-0 to us.

Oh and fenrnandes is playing shite, has played shite and if signed would continue to play shite. He had his chance, then a second chance and both times does not cut the mustard IMO.

What a load of shit, if you had watched him enough last season and for benfica you would realise he's a class act, ok he hasnt been great lately but he wont be like that for ever, some of the passing, dribbling, and his intelligence on the ball last season proved he's got something about him. but only time will tell if he can step his game up to that level again while he's still here..

Edited by Blue4Ever

This game is also goint to be tough one. Hopefully we keep our good spirit flying and will win this game , 2-1 Osman 44, Pienaar 67

about Manny: After last season were hoping we will sign him, aswell a lot of other blues fans. I were very delighted when we got him back , even with a end of season loan. But, now i cant agree "hes class act". Class act could do something useful is games even he wouldnt be perfect matchfit. He hasnt obviously done anything so far :( Hes not shining atm even for a little passes or trickling or stuff like that. A class act would do it even sometimes. Only thing what he has done has been too powerful passes for teammates(like he would want every1 see at all others aint so good techinially than he is) and going down when losing a ball, of course also a lot of misspasses. Sorry to say but for this kind of Manny we dont have use in our very good squad.

Team on sunday: Howard--Hibbo--Yobo--Jags--Lescott---Arteta(Ossie)--Carsley(Neville)--Neville(Ossie)--Pienaar--Timmy--Yak

Edited by LexKing

Don't know about anyone else but i'm really nervous about this one, but then again i was v nervous against mancity

If you ain't nervous, it either means you have a twelve point cushion on whoever's behind you, or you're so squarely mid-table that there's not much to get excited about.

I checked last night and saw that FSC is actually carrying our game today, so this is the first time in months I'll be able to watch us play live - the last three or four times we've been featured were all days I either had to work or was out of town. :angry:

David Moyes has named an unchanged starting XI from the side that started at Manchester City on Monday.

That means Andrew Johnson has to settle for a place on the bench once again, with Yakubu leading the line up front and supported by Tim Cahill.

There is no place in the 16 for Manuel Fernandes, with the substitute's bench made up of Leighton Baines, James Vaughan, Victor Anichebe and Stefan Wessels as well as Johnson.

Just come off the phone, according to the beeb that went in after five seconds (which can't be right because that's not enough time to win a free kick and take it. Dream start though!

haha it was a bit more like fifty five seconds

the announcers on the game i'm watching have been heaping the complements onto us

first going on about how hard it is for teams to play at Goodison, then how great our defense is

then about how great pienaar has been this year, and THEN about how good osman is while also being highly underrated

looks like we're finally getting some positive recognition

Excellent first half - controlled a lot of the play, unlucky to be level.

Seems like Pienaar is involved in every attack forward with Arteta out...loved the little two-man game he played with Cahill around 16', they did everything except score.

Some of those midfielders for Portsmouth are HUGE. :blink: "Land of the Giants" indeed.

Edited by JD in DC

Oh man. Absolutely im so delighted about this result. Almost got myself emotional when Timmy headed that ball into the net(for american Evertonian, yes it was pretty goal. Couple short passed on the side, good cross and timmy put it in, hard header but good result left side of the goal), almost felt my eyes went wet :). Its so good to see your loved team can produce good result game after game again after few bit harder years. Were bit frustated when pompey got that lucky goal and heart started to bump bit fast :) when were waiting when they will score, and that goal was so big relief. And yakyakyak hes a machine, im so happy he has proven me wrong when he was on transfertalks. In Moyesy we trust. COYB