IGNORED

Chelsea (home)

Bill

I suppose I understand what he's trying to do, but I'd really rather have seen Baines on the left of midfield with Neville at RB so we could get Manny and Cars across the midfield. I know it'd be a bit of a risk, but without an attacking midfielder I just don't see how we're going to link up with the strikers tonight.

Prove me wrong please Moyes

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beaten by a better team/squad......thought Chelsea looked very strong.

We need a vaughan up front or at least better service to either Yakubu or AJ.

Fernandes starting to look really good, Pienaar not bad...and the defence looked ok!

"Hibbert, Carsley and Neville"...a lot of peoples fall guys put their hearts and souls into it.

But at the end of the day just not good enough, though their goal had a touch of luck with that deflection.

Man of the match for me Jagielka!

6 points from Villa and Newcastle now a must!

I'm sorry mate but Fernandes was terrible. As was Neville. As was Gravesen when you came on.

I'm gutted - could have seen Everton win here, but with a squad like the one Moyesy has put together (good as it is), always gonna struggle losing players.

Losing TC17, Osman, Arteta and Vaughan at the same time is just incredibly unfortunate. If you'd had them I think you'd of beaten that shit Chelsea side.

I'm sorry mate but Fernandes was terrible. As was Neville. As was Gravesen when you came on.

I'm gutted - could have seen Everton win here, but with a squad like the one Moyesy has put together (good as it is), always gonna struggle losing players.

Losing TC17, Osman, Arteta and Vaughan at the same time is just incredibly unfortunate. If you'd had them I think you'd of beaten that shit Chelsea side.

disagree about fernandes and neville. fernandes to me was one of the only players who wanted to have a go at goal he worked hard and his set pieces were pretty good.

neville had an ok game. could have done much better but he put in the effort, a few good interceptions and tackles.

i reckon we could have created more if we had baines and osman in the side. possibly we could have scored

Jags was superb tonight though. near enough every tackle at the back and every block was by jags. hes certailny MOTM.

Really Crap. When you've got cars and pip in the centre who the fuck is gonna link the play? As chicagoblue said you needed manny more central from the off. Why the fuck did moyes take off pienaar? Hibbo should have gone off. grav centre and nev rb. Simple! Moyes really pisses me off sometimes. Grav passed it. AJ nowhere to be seen first half. Yak off colour again. Yobo seemed nervous all the time. Just a shit game for us against a average chelsea side. Serious danger of losing 5th here. Will wins against newcastle and villa be enuff? Not sure it will.

Will wins against newcastle and villa be enuff? Not sure it will.

Yes, very likely. Pompey would need to either win three and draw one while making up the seven better goal difference we have or win all four of their last games.

Don't think that's going to happen.

Mind you there's no guarantee that we're going to win the two, but hopefully we'll have a couple of players back after the extra rest and raise our game.

i was pleased with fernandes last night that's the best i've seen him in a while.

our fowards were appalling - none of them have a first touch. the ball just bounces off yak!

Anichebe waste of time (again), Gravesen (don't think he even touched the ball!)

PIENAAR OFF, GRAVESON ON? WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did Moyes not see Baines on the bench or something?

Graveson must have been put on to try and humour the crowd, any1 see it when he nearly did the splits? LMao!

Mikel handball in his ownbox, "No penalty" BS!!!!

But i was more disappointed with the volley that fell for yak in chelseas box and he fluffed it.

Arteta shouldnt take anymore set pieces, Manny all the way.

Edited by jacko1990

I was pleased with how we played last night, Chelsea only had one shot on goal all night and it went in, we put a lot of effort in and the players looked fresher than they have in weeks, put in a performance like that against Newcastle and Villa and we should get a couple of results, even the Arsenal match we have a chance as they have nothing to play for and are on a big time downer.

Fernandez was motm with Yobo imo. Sure he got caught a few times and tried to be too fancy, but he kept going forward and in the second half he was constantly making himself available and taking control of posession, plus he had a few shots and made some lovely passes. He still made too many mistakes and looked complacent on occasions but he was by far our best attacking option. AJ was useless, (not for the first time against decent opposition) Yakubu ineffective although he worked hard and everyone else was solid rather than spectacular. Jags was excellent, although was unlucky with their goal, whilst Yobo was supreme again - easily turning into one of the top defenders in the league.

Gravesen was a bit of a joke, but at the same time he's hardly played in about 6 months so you can't really expect him to be up the pace of the game and I would have thought his confidence must be low. Anyway, I was satisfied with the performance, we had a lot of injuries and did well to give them a tough game. I thought we deserved a draw.

Because I like to be different, I thought Fernandes was his usual shit self. He gets the ball in the middle of the park, 2 players on him and instead of passing looses the ball. Did it too many times and is a liability, especially against teams that can counter attack. Should be given "thanks but no thanks" card at end of the season.

Jags was outstanding as usual bar 1 or 2 dodgy passes, Lescott could be a wing back easily :)

With no midifeld to speak of bar peanuts, our forwards were made to look very very average, especially Johnson.

On the whole, a lot of positives to be had and only conceded 1 goal which shows despite loosing our defence is still doing well. Just midfield that needs sorting...

Another below par performance because we had too many below par players, and others who are not good enough to fill in for missing players.

Another game without creating any scoring chances, now only 3 goals scored in the last six games, 5 points out of a possible 18 is relegation form and the season has come to a grinding halt.

I just hope Villa dont take us to the cleaners otherwise everything thats gone before will be meaningless, and i will look on it as a very disappointing end to a campaign that looked so good up to 2 months ago.

Wont say anymore except Jags gets my vote for MOTM.

Howard - Dependable

Hibbert - Useless sack of shit. Head the ball and stop letting it bounce you thick twit. Oh and don't back off attackers.

Yobo - Liability. Never learns from his bastard mistakes.

Jagielka - Should be first choice alongside Lescott every week. He is the king of the last ditch tackle. Yes he hoofed it a lot but who the hell is he supposed to pass to when the midfield infront of him are RUNNING AWAY!!!!!!!

Lescott - Back to his best last night.

Pienaar - No fucking idea why he took peanuts off, I thought he played well.

Carsley - Please do not renew his contract, past it.

Neville - When Neville is one of your better players you know youve played shite. The only player who showed any heart or determination or any will to win the ball.

Fernandes - Same old mistakes but our best midfielder and our best attacking player.

Yakubu - End of season lethargy as we'd been warned about. Doesn't look arsed.

Johnson - Fuck all to work with due to the ineffectiveness of our midfield I felt.

Anichebe - Ran about at first but then became a waste of space.

Gravesen - GO HOME.

I clapped when Chelsea scored as it was what we deserved in that first half. The same points need to be made as they do every week: -

Don't back off the opposition

Start closing down the space

Tackle for crying out loud

Show some composure on the ball

I'm so fucking annoyed with the team atm because they're playing like they don't give a shit when the fans pay the money to go and watch them week in week out. Sort it out.

^^^ And so say all of us. ^^^ Good post. I didnt want to go into a long winded post about how the season is stuttering very close to an annoying collapse. I Can put up with Neville as a fullback but Hibbert and Carsley would be better suited at Derby next season in the Championship, they are no longer Premiership players, would also like to see the back of Graveson, Gardner, VD Meyde, Nuno Valente, and maybe loan out Annichebe so he can learn his profession, he will never improve by coming on for 20 mins every 5 games or so.

A GOOD CLEAROUT IS NEEDED AND AT LEAST FIVE PREM PLAYERS BROUGHT IN. 3 midfielders (2 attacking and 1 defensive) a decent right back, and maybe swap Johnson for a goalscoring forward while we can still get decent money for him.

Moyse has to start playing Baines or he will soon be looking for another club, if this lad plays regular he will get better and could be pushing for the England squad.

Loaning out Anichebe would make a lot of sence, except no matter how raw he is, we just don't have the numbers to do that.Wasn't long ago people were saying he couldn't head a ball, which was true.But in the last few times he's been on the pitch he has started winning balls.He does need to go on loan next season, god willing Vaughan will make that possible!

Cahill, Osman, Arteta and Vaughan......4 players who cause opponents problems in their own way.

Last night, only Fernandes and Pienaar seemed to worry Chelsea.....neither AJ or Yakubu who to be fair had Chelseas excellent defence on their backs caused Chelsea many problems.

Fernandes was so close to getting us a point with that free kick, and his play in general was pretty good.

A work mate who's a Chelsea fan thought Jagielka was brilliant, what a great buy!

We have gone flat after our european exit!....how do they snap out of it?

Hasn't Baines said he is a confidence player!......he's going to be pretty low on that if he continues to sit on the bench.

Come on Moyes, show us your worth that big new contract.....and get us that 5th place that really should be ours.

Come on Moyes, show us your worth that big new contract.....and get us that 5th place that really should be ours.

This might only be my thoughts but I'd thought I'd share them. In the past few interviews Moyes seems to be...I dunno...negative and a look of depression on his face. Reporters ask him about stuff like the Peanuts deal and he says "I'm not sure" and "You know as much as I do" and all this. All the players like pip and

aj are always positive. Before the chelski they were always "our goal is 4th" and "we're going for champions league footy next season" but Moyes even before the game with the shite was suggesting we weren't good enough. Some would say a realist but you've gotta aim high. This may be me just nit picking because of our shite form but I'm sorry over the past month or so he has not been giving our team any positive vibe which could have something to do with how shit we are. Plus, god knows what he was thinking taking Pienaar of last night.

As I say I might be way wide of the mark here but it does make me think if this might of contributed to our current form.

Edited by EFCfanatic

Mikeo!.............................I have to ask!Are you serious?

Personally, I believe, buying Van Der Mayder, Getting Gravo back, not buying in January, taking certain players off, puting certain players on.....are all part of the learning curve that is experence.He will probably make a few more mistakes before he wins us something, but lets be fair but for a couple of missed penalties, and the fact Chelsea were just too good for us over two legs, we could maybe have won something this year.

Moyes has tried to ride his luck with a small squad, and but for a major slice of luck in the shape of no injuries to Cahill, Vaughan and Arteta, would have got 5th place wrapped up.

So I can answer the above question for you.........NO your not serious.......are you :huh:

So I can answer the above question for you.........NO your not serious.......are you :huh:

No, of course not....I was just thinking what Zed would have said to the rather silly (imo) post by EFCFanatic and, as he's not been around for a while, I did it for him.

Should probably have added [/irony] in small print.

DM has made some mistakes this year but he's been in new territory. Bill's oft quoted thing about the Jan window is completely true....bringing in Gardner instead of midfield cover was a mistake with hindsight but if he'd have done that and our defence had been struck down by injury rather than the mid then he'd have been OK. Not sure if that sentence reads very well but you get my drift.

DM's far and away the best we've had for two decades and only an idiot would suggest we get rid.

Im sorry but Carsley, Hibbert & Neville have to go in the summer at least from the starting 11.

Even AJ could be thrown into that

everyone of them was abysmal last night.

I cant agree with the Jagielka MOTM thing either

sure he won the ball in a few tackles, but after it he launched it 60 yards trying to play "killer balls"

Fernandes was my MOTM as he wanted the ball

and was the only one who looked like he actually looked like he could create something

and what was peinaar taken off for?

We dont know the full situation about Pienaar, We've Known for some time that Arteta has a groin problem, We know Cahill has a metatarsal problem, and we know Osman has an Eye injury, when you are struggling for players you tend to rush others back when they are not fully recovered and i think that might have been the case with Pienaar. (Injury)

If we had to take the field against Chelsea with Carsley, Neville, and Graveson as our midfield we could have been slaughtered by half time, i think Davey put Pienaar in because we had nobody else, i dont think Pienaar was completely fit and you either play him too long and lose him for the last 3 games, or you give him a run for an hour and save him.

Graveson is a bit like VDM, i dont think his body is capable of giving 90 mins in the premiership, and certainly not against Chelsea.

We created nothing against Chelsea and looked like we would never score if we played all week, so i think he salvaged Pienaar to save him for another day. Fernandes needed the full game for the match fitness (He looked a bit better).

I think Lescott and Fernandes have been the best palyers against Chelsea. The problem is our bad midfield, what the hell are they doing? Theres no idea of a fantastic pass, no shot of the distance and of course no well play long pass.

And Yakubu and AJ, no comment! We have to buy a good striker next season, we just have average at the moment. Bad that Pompey bought Defoe, he is a very nice player and he is scoring goals...