IGNORED

Terry Antonis

Hey guys first time poster here.

It's been reported here in Australia that a 14 year old wonder-kid by the name of Terry Antonis has signed for Everton. He appeared on DVD with David Beckham showwing off his freakish juggeling skills when he was a 10 year old (Article Here)

He made our the national U-17 side as a 14 year old, which is a record in our country. His youth coach in Australia, who has developed such players like Kewell and Emerton, said that at the same age Terry's skills are way ahead of Kewell's.

He's been tracked by Barcelona, AC Milan, Marseille and Liverpool, but i'm led to believe Everton beat them to the chase. Hope he turns out a gem for you in the future.

Hey guys first time poster here.

It's been reported here in Australia that a 14 year old wonder-kid by the name of Terry Antonis has signed for Everton. He appeared on DVD with David Beckham showwing off his freakish juggeling skills when he was a 10 year old (Article Here)

He made our the national U-17 side as a 14 year old, which is a record in our country. His youth coach in Australia, who has developed such players like Kewell and Emerton, said that at the same age Terry's skills are way ahead of Kewell's.

He's been tracked by Barcelona, AC Milan, Marseille and Liverpool, but i'm led to believe Everton beat them to the chase. Hope he turns out a gem for you in the future.

I've heard the same thing about us signing him as well. I also heard that he actually turned Barcelona down TWICE.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/football/everton-lead-the-pack-chasing-teenage-star-20100626-zaqr.html

Local media are reporting it here.

The next Tim Cahill or Brett Holman apparently. Hopefully a Cahill and not a Holman...not a Holman fan, yet it seems that every time I give him shit, he goes and scores a bloody goal to make me look stupid! :P

But yeah, sounds like a good investment if true!

also there is another greek-australian wonder kid coming up, terry Antonis:

He has a sponsorship with adidas and scouts from French and English football giants Marseille and Liverpool are drooling. He is being touted as Australia's answer to Wayne Rooney and is described by David Beckham as "the freak from Down Under". To everyone else, he is Terry Antonis.

"You are wary of throwing too much on a young boy," says Australia's most capped player and former Socceroos captain, Alex Tobin.

"But he is one of the most outstanding young players that I have seen running around. I have seen him train and he is a gifted football player, one of immense talent without a doubt."

It was in Madrid last year that the Sydney whiz kid, then just 10, caught the eye of Beckham because of the incredible things he can do with a football.

Antonis, who turns 12 next month, and other prodigies from all corners of the globe were carefully handpicked to film a documentary with the England captain and Real Madrid superstar.

He was not just juggling a football but squash balls with his feet, he was as accomplished with his left foot as his right and his technical skills were as good as many of the top players.

So impressed was Beckham in Antonis he affectionately renamed him and took the time to offer some parting advice.

"It was really good fun and it was pretty cool to fly all the way over there and Beckham told me to keep my skills up and to keep going," Antonis said.

Antonis won a world-wide skills competition to spend three days with Beckham to make a training DVD.

In Australia, the competition was run by Channel 7's Today Tonight and one judge to select the Georges Hall youngster ahead of other finalists was Frank Farina.

"He is very young but he has a lot of talent in terms of skill and technique," the former Socceroos coach said yesterday.

"His juggling is very good, he pulled out a squash ball and started juggling that and didn't drop it once, he is very impressive. Whether he progresses with his skills will be something to wait and see."

The romantic version of the story goes, after training with the world's most celebrated player, a jetlagged Antonis flew back into Sydney airport with his father.

A strange man approached, asked if he could accompany them home or buy a coffee. It was an agent.

But while Marseille and Liverpool have "a relationship" with the family, Antonis has his sights set closer to home. "I love watching Dwight Yorke and one day I want to play for Sydney FC and Australia," he said.

His father Peter added: "He has to prove himself before he can play for anyone but I'd certainly like to see him play here, play for Sydney FC and entertain Sydneysiders."

Antonis began kicking the ball around the backyard aged three with his grandmother. He was identified by the Coerver program at five, has since represented Oceania, spent six months training with the NSWIS program and attends Westfields football school twice a week.

"He is 100 per cent more advanced than a Harry Kewell at his age, light years ahead," says Paul Bentvelzen, director of Oceania's Coerver coaching scheme.

"It is amazing what the boy can do with a football. He has the same physical capabilities as a first grade player.

"The international director of Coerver coaching, who works with children at the top clubs all over the world, has never seen a player of his age anywhere with the same physical and technical capabilities as this boy."

SOLD! To Sydney FC...

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/news/1012197/Sydney-snares-young-star

Unfortunate considering my dislike of Sydney FC.

That said, it could work out better for him in the long run...good stepping stone and all that jazz.

And yes, Holman is shit and shouldn't be mentioned at the same time as Cahill.

• 1 year later...

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/money-talks-for-sydney--but-antonis-in-no-rush-to-walk-20111124-1nwut.html

Speculation has linked him with Inter Milan and Marseille already, but it's the connection with Everton - and the growing bond with Tim Cahill - that puts the Merseyside club in the box seat for a future bid.

''I couldn't say if or when Everton will make an offer, but it's fair to say it [a bid] is likely to happen at some point because there's a relationship there,'' Karis said.

This is the type of rumour that gets me going.

1) Affordable

2) Real link to club

3) Young talent

4) Good investment

Not in that order but i feel obliged to place affordable as number 1 ;)

Hope he comes in january. Even if it wil cost the club, wouldnt want to see what happens if teams like Marsaille and Inter Milan also offer him a contract when he is a free agent.

This is the type of rumour that gets me going.

1) Affordable

2) Real link to club

3) Young talent

4) Good investment

Not in that order but i feel obliged to place affordable as number 1 ;)

Hope he comes in january. Even if it wil cost the club, wouldnt want to see what happens if teams like Marsaille and Inter Milan also offer him a contract when he is a free agent.

Without knowing much about this guy or holtby they would be 2 players I'd love at our club - they've both got little stories about why they are Evertonians and little things like that make a signing more special, that and the fact that both lads seem to possess true quality.

In saying this I want a 1st team striker first and foremost.

So he's already signed for us once before? I think i recall it but still find it weird -

Former Australian international Alex Tobin described him as "one of the most outstanding young players that I have seen" and "of immense talent without a doubt."[2] He has also been touted as natural successor to Tim Cahill and Brett Holman in the Australian national team.[4]

Antonis signed a five-year contract with Everton at just 14 years of age, but his contract was terminated due to FFA's implementation of FIFA's rule prohibiting the overseas transfers of players under the age of 18.[5] However since signing with Sydney FC he has been linked with a move back to Everton once he turns 18 along with clubs such as Inter Milan and Marseille.[6] Much of the speculation was based on his close personal ties with Everton and Socceroo star Tim Cahill,[7][8] and further sparked by a 25 minute cameo in a friendly match for Sydney FC against Everton at ANZ Stadium on 10 July 2010.[9]

I know that's just from Wiki, but then there's....

http://futsal4all.com/2009/05/sydney-magic-pcyc-presentation-night-nsw/

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-sign-child-soccer-prodigy-terry-antonis/story-e6frey4r-1225888259504

Kid's alright -

Id be happy if we signed him in jan. Does not look like a kid that will score a ton of goals, but he could help someone like Vellios or Saha score a ton of goals. I know its only a youtube video but it looks like he has a very good touch and eye for the game. And hes only 18

• 1 year later...