Andrew Johnson... At Last.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time too.

At least thats the money sorted for Fletcher and Smith! :D

Yeah, nice one ;)

I'm worried that we won't be able to attract the right players and we will have to settle for signings like this.

I see other clubs making sigins and think to myself are we aiming for the wrong calibre of player? Trying to punch above our weight? And then i remember we finished 5th last seaon and had a really good (and credible) run in Europe so no.

I think it just comes down to money, individual greed and not ambition from players which bothers greatly.

Considering we sold mcfadden for £6m, anything over than for Johnson is great business, the lad simply could not threaten centre halves the way he used to - when they were scared to touch him in the box. He never beat a man with a trick or pace for that matter. When up against the likes of only Biket, Skirtle (zenit) who had enough pace and strength, he was made to look like a little boy and would then play out wide - never mind the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Vidic, Woodgate. Cahill has a better goals per game average especially considering his position.

It's great business, I do wish him well as he works hard but unfortunately he is a good championship player the same as Beattie and Nugent. When Vaughan or Victor replaced him on the pitch you could see the difference in quality, first touch, strength, confidence - so it had to be done.

Let's just hope we can bring Milito in, anyone with a goal in every other game in spain and italy whilst playing as a target man has gotta be a great foil for Yak.

Just need to get some business tied up in next two days, Milito, Moutinho and a defensive mid fielder (however I think he is gonna try Dan Gosling or Rodwell)

Although he gave me the best day of my life..:P I think it was the right time for him to move on.....now let's roll in the transfers!

You got more chance of rolling a double 6 with 1 dice than Everton Rolling the transfers in.

Sorry but what people are saying at the club with BK, DM and now Elstone just makes me thing we all going to be sitting up on the 31st August hoping for a signing to happen and all feeling dissapointed when nothing happens