IGNORED

Andrew Johnson... At Last.

There is no possible way that AJ will not be replaced if Moyes stays. He let McFadden go and not replaced him and suffered for it, he won't make the same mistake twice.... will he.... oh fuck, i hate this time of year. I just want it to be morning again so i can see what the new news is... arghhhhhhhhh

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't beleive they thinking of letting AJ go without a replacement in before hand.

We all seen what happens when we let players leave without bringing in replacements first we never replace them.

Maybe 11m is a good bit of business but I would rather keep him anyway. He plays well up front on his own and can be used on the wings. Yaks and Victor to be are the same type of player and you want to be able to play 2 different types of strikers in my opinion if playing 2 up front.

I'm thinking down the same lines as Adam, imo letting Johnson go will be detrimental to the squad, we will never get another striker with the workrate Johnson puts in for the team.

I know peeps are saying he never scored enough goals but thats because we never had the midfield to provide for him, plus he spent most of the game as a get out clause for our defenders, who insisted in hoofing the ball up to the corner flags and had a centre forward playing mostly as a winger, this fella defends from the front and pulls his tripes out for the team and i think he deserves a bit more respect.

An equal or better replacement will cost us a lot more than £11 milion and we just cannot afford it cos we still need a couple of midfielders yet, this also gives me the impression that now the club has sold all the off field assets they are now starting to sell the on field assets, who's going to be next Lescott, Cahill, Arteta, Yakubu. ??? If we become a selling club it will spell the end for Moyes and the Team.

This could be the first step down the rocky road to ruin.

I'm thinking down the same lines as Adam, imo letting Johnson go will be detrimental to the squad, we will never get another striker with the workrate Johnson puts in for the team.

I know peeps are saying he never scored enough goals but thats because we never had the midfield to provide for him, plus he spent most of the game as a get out clause for our defenders, who insisted in hoofing the ball up to the corner flags and had a centre forward playing mostly as a winger, this fella defends from the front and pulls his tripes out for the team and i think he deserves a bit more respect.

An equal or better replacement will cost us a lot more than £11 milion and we just cannot afford it cos we still need a couple of midfielders yet, this also gives me the impression that now the club has sold all the off field assets they are now starting to sell the on field assets, who's going to be next Lescott, Cahill, Arteta, Yakubu. ??? If we become a selling club it will spell the end for Moyes and the Team.

McFadden's going on the cheap! :)

I don't really rate AJ at all and think anything over £10m and we have to snap their hand off. He does work hard, but so do many other strikers (Dirk Kuyt, James Vaughan etc) and that in itself is not good enough to get us into the top 4. His goal record isn't very good, he's getting older but not wiser and his value will only go down the less he plays. I don't think it would cost us £11m to get a player of his ability, just look at Santa Roque Cruz last year, he was bought for about £4.5m and is now worth about £15, bargains are out there on the continent. I don't think AJ is worth anything like £10m anyway, I think he's only worth about £5m personally. We need to replace him yes, but having AJ sitting on the bench week in week out is more detrimental to his morale than replacing him imo, get someone in who CAN play with Yakubu and give us a different option. Vaughan (if he ever gets fit) is VERY similar to AJ anyway in the way he plays, except better. Yakubu only cost slightly more than the £10m AJ is supposedly going for yet is in a totally different league as a footballer, I'd happily sell AJ for £10m and get another Yak for £12. As soon as Moyes starts making some signings everyone will get a lift and we'll all forget the tension we're feeling now! Come on Moyes, one signing this week please!

I don't really rate AJ at all and think anything over £10m and we have to snap their hand off. He does work hard, but so do many other strikers (Dirk Kuyt, James Vaughan etc) and that in itself is not good enough to get us into the top 4. His goal record isn't very good, he's getting older but not wiser and his value will only go down the less he plays. I don't think it would cost us £11m to get a player of his ability, just look at Santa Roque Cruz last year, he was bought for about £4.5m and is now worth about £15, bargains are out there on the continent. I don't think AJ is worth anything like £10m anyway, I think he's only worth about £5m personally. We need to replace him yes, but having AJ sitting on the bench week in week out is more detrimental to his morale than replacing him imo, get someone in who CAN play with Yakubu and give us a different option. Vaughan (if he ever gets fit) is VERY similar to AJ anyway in the way he plays, except better. Yakubu only cost slightly more than the £10m AJ is supposedly going for yet is in a totally different league as a footballer, I'd happily sell AJ for £10m and get another Yak for £12. As soon as Moyes starts making some signings everyone will get a lift and we'll all forget the tension we're feeling now! Come on Moyes, one signing this week please!

The point is that AJ probably won't be replaced!

The way it looks to me is that we're having to sell before we buy, which is absolutely disgraceful when we haven't signed ANYONE yet. Shay Given has come out today and said he's concerned because the Geordies have ONLY signed two new players, try being an Everton fan mate :angry: . At this moment in time Everton looks like a bit of a joke and I'm getting sick of it. This is the summer we were supposed to push on but what are we doing instead? Fannying about because we have a skint board, not good enough.

I hear what your saying Carl but the bottom line is that Roque Santa Cruz is now going to cost a buyer £15 million, as would any striker if we want to improve on AJ, Plus the fact that Santa Cruz had Bentley and Gamst Pederson on the wings, and didnt need to spend 70 minutes of a match chasing long balls to the corner flag.

Pertaining to the other comment you made about AJ not being worth £10 million ....... I think he must be if clubs such as Sunderland, Fulham and Wigan are all willing to pay it. The main concern is that we are having to sell before we can buy, and that to me is setting a dangerous precedent.

But what i'm saying is just my opinion and i accept that other peeps see it in different ways.

ROMEY 1878 {At this moment in time Everton looks like a bit of a joke and I'm getting sick of it.}

I disagree entirely. The teams who buy and sell like crazy every year like our dearest neighbours for example are the joke Romey not us. Yes our squad is small and its frustrating that we have to sell to buy. But to say we're a joke because we don't buy square players to fit in round holes is a tad harsh.

I like the stability of knowing when we buy a player they're probably going to be around by the time their contract expires and we won't have to sell them at a knock down price in twelve months time because they where a gap filler.

I hear what your saying Carl but the bottom line is that Roque Santa Cruz is now going to cost a buyer £15 million, as would any striker if we want to improve on AJ, Plus the fact that Santa Cruz had Bentley and Gamst Pederson on the wings, and didnt need to spend 70 minutes of a match chasing long balls to the corner flag.

Pertaining to the other comment you made about AJ not being worth £10 million ....... I think he must be if clubs such as Sunderland, Fulham and Wigan are all willing to pay it. The main concern is that we are having to sell before we can buy, and that to me is setting a dangerous precedent.

But what i'm saying is just my opinion and i accept that other peeps see it in different ways.

I appreciate all that (except that Gamst Pederson is rubbish anyway, I sit by a Blackburn fan and he wouldn't feed him never mind pay him wages!) but I still think you have to look at Yakubu - he plays in the same team, with the same players and is a more creative player than AJ, yet he managed to score plenty of goals and provide more link up play than AJ. He's a willing worker and a good squad player but I don't think we can afford to have £10m tied up in someone who is basically only going to warm the bench. I think Moyes can get another player from abroad (like he did with Pienaar, Arteta) on the cheap who is better than AJ AND cheaper, but only time will tell. I 100% agree we HAVE to replace AJ, we cannot rely on Anichebe producing the goods and Vaughan being fit as so far that's very debateable. Moyes knows we need numbers, everyone knows we need numbers and I think every Everton fan is concerned at the moment, but hopefully if we can make a couple of signings soon then all of this will be forgotten and we'll all be optimistic again! There hasn't been a lot of transfer activity and as Irvine said yesterday, it's not so easy getting players now who will improve our team as we have such a strong outfit. That being said, if we go into the new season with the squad we have currently we're in BIG trouble, but we won't. surely! :)

Reports suggest that we've accepted a £10.5million bid from Fulham, and he'll sign for them in the next few days.

I won't hold my breath that we'll sign a replacement. Pathetic.

yeah it's just come through on the sports desk here at work too.....£10.5m is a good price for an overrated player in my opinion....

have faith that we'll sign some players

Doesn't everyone here just love July? The anxiety, the nervousness, the pain, the fear, the grassping at any small snippet of garbeled information from an unreliable press, the anger at our on sluggishness and ineptitude, the jealousy of the wealth and activity of others, the inevitable sense of impending doom. Yes summertime truely is here. What a truley joyous time, thank god the weather is nice otherwise i don't know what i'd do.... oh wait.... damn

I like the way Wyness clearly states there's no deal with Fulham Football Club and none of the other clubs interested...

Personally I think we have to keep him. If this was a month ago maybe my opinion would be slightly different but were so close to the start of the season now that panick buying and the new Per Kroldrup might turn up.

Guess its bye bye AJ then. I can't believe we will be travelling to USA without any new signings and most likely 2 players down. Fucking joke.

AJ will be gone by the time we're back then? Will Moyes have signed up by then? Will stadium future be clearer? Are all 3 linked?

I still really hope he doesnt leave. I think he can find his form that he had when he first came to the club in 2006, provided he does not get injured often. Also everytime i watch the 3-0 defeat of liverpool, and after watching it i cant help but think, we should never sell andy johnson.....

I sincerely hope he doesnt go but the reality of the situation with him staying whilst squad travel to US says it all, the writing is on the wall...Unfortuantely we are going to be another good player down and no-one to replace him. Yea 10.5 million is good money....but whats the point in money if your not gonna spend it?? Top ten is looking best bet at moment... <_<

When you think about the service we offered to AJ!.....half of them over his head, others out to the corner flag!......if he played in front of Gerrard he would be on 20 goals a season.He will go and we will replace him, his replacement may score a few more goals than him.....but he won't put in the effort for the team that AJ put in.

And "Westy"....I think Moyes will by seasons end have us again above the likes of Newcastle, Blackburn, Spurs and Man City.A few signings, and Cahill,Vaughan and Arteta playing more often than not and Moyes mentality.....I'd say top 6 easy!

I suppose you have to think about it this way....

yes its good to have alot of heart and gives 100%, but you need more than that in the prem. the Yak is a lazy fooker but scores goals for fun.

Im sure moyes have lined up a replacement for him, maybe a loan deal

this £11mill will help fund the moutinho deal. who would you rather have? AJ or Moutinho?

I also think a strike force of a fully fit cahill/vaughan and the Yak would scare the crap out of premiership sides