IGNORED

Darren Fletcher For £3m?

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news-3637.html

Is anyone else a bit worried about this. Although we got both Phil Neville and Tim Howard from United, is it worth buying him? I know after a lot of hype about him being the next Beckham and that he would soon be a first team member he was unlucky with injury for a while, but it seems he has been a major flop for them. What does everyone else think?

I would think that with the side the way it stands that any addition across the midfield would be a good thing. And 3mil in the current climate of ridiculous transfer fees is not a huge amount for a young player with Eureopean football experience and, you would hope at least, the possibility of him still being on the up.

I would think that with the side the way it stands that any addition across the midfield would be a good thing. And 3mil in the current climate of ridiculous transfer fees is not a huge amount for a young player with Eureopean football experience and, you would hope at least, the possibility of him still being on the up.

I wouldn't mind picking him up for 3 million. He could be a great squad member for us. I just don't want to see him being a consistent starter. Hard worker though, and Moyes has been known to work magic with hard workers. Could be a good buy.

Guest brazil banks

Infernal machines. And cheers Licker, now I just look a bit nut-nut. :D

I agree with you Troy, at that price we'd be daft not to go for him. Sadly, these things are often a lot more complicated than "yer booked, we'll 'ave yer!" when a player comes up at the right price. I'm still confident we'll be alright with the manager contract and the signings and the whatnot.

Why so sceptical about Darren Fletcher? He's a play who fits Everton's bill perfectly! Hard-working Scot!

There's always a reason he is a Manchester United-player for the moment.. and £3 mill is nothing for him.

We need numbers in midfield.. Fletcher, as I see it, would be an ideal replacement for Carsley. no doubt.

Secure him and Moutinho. then we can start the season.. (with hopefully a few more ;) )

Hi Licker

Sorry mate, really disagree with you. He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet, fergie has kept him at man u whilst other players in the same age bracket have been shown the door, says something

Chris, you are quite entitled to disagree but what is it "you really disagree with". ??

I said he would be a good squad member, but not as a direct replacement for Carsley, and a £3 million pounds fee gives you an insight of how valuable Fergy thinks he is .............. or is'nt. :)

Probs end up at Sunderland.

Hi Licker

Sorry mate, really disagree with you. He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet, fergie has kept him at man u whilst other players in the same age bracket have been shown the door, says something

When all (of our many) midfielders are fit who would you drop to play Fletcher week in week out then? :huh:

When all (of our many) midfielders are fit who would you drop to play Fletcher week in week out then? :huh:

i think if he came there wouldnt be that big of a priority to play him. maybe at the start of the season, but surely he'd know as well as anybody that any football team never guarentees your name in the starting XI. if he does come to everton and plays well, then yeah he should be there. if he doesnt perform then theres no reason to have him there every week

i think if he came there wouldnt be that big of a priority to play him. maybe at the start of the season, but surely he'd know as well as anybody that any football team never guarentees your name in the starting XI. if he does come to everton and plays well, then yeah he should be there. if he doesnt perform then theres no reason to have him there every week

I was asking because Chris reckons he would be a starter every week. I wasn't suggesting he should be a starter and nor would I ever (unless we had a massive injury crisis in midfield, which is a possibility atm).

I don't think he'd come here if he wasn't going to be a starter every week though, so he can frig off.

I was asking because Chris reckons he would be a starter every week. I wasn't suggesting he should be a starter and nor would I ever (unless we had a massive injury crisis in midfield, which is a possibility atm).

I don't think he'd come here if he wasn't going to be a starter every week though, so he can frig off.

We don't want any player who thinks he can waltz straight into the starting 11, no matter who he is Everton FC comes first, but i am entitled to voice my opinion. At the moment he'd fit into our midfield, but saying that if we do buy ( IF ), players like Moutinho, Topal or M'Bia then he wouldn't fit straight in, but would be a good addition to the squad.

Edited by Chris the Blue

We don't want any player who thinks he can waltz straight into the starting 11, no matter who he is Everton FC comes first, but i am entitled to voice my opinion. At the moment he'd fit into our midfield, but saying that if we do buy ( IF ), players like Moutinho, Topal or M'Bia then he wouldn't fit straight in, but would be a good addition to the squad.

I know you are, which is why I asked who you'd drop for Fletcher if you think he'd be the first name on the teamsheet :rolleyes:

Its only a month ago that he was priced at £6 million pounds, and apparentley we had put in an offer of £4 million, as per normal. :Dhttp://www.toffeetalk.com/The-Answer-To-Dr...her-t12171.html

Now peeps reckon hes going for £3 million, :o if that was the case he would have already been signed for £4 M.

A load of papertalk nonsense which i hope is not true. We need class players to improve the side.

How a couple of weeks changes everything.

A few weeks ago we was linked with £35m worth of talant now we being linked with £10m worth of talant.

Still squad numbers are needed but DM has said he won't just buy for the sake of it