IGNORED

Moyes

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cannot imagine any managers from the premiership seriously considering going to Newcastle afetr whats happened. The club has ruined several managers careers with weight of expectation and reluctancy to give them time do a job. Also the lack of control that they are given would mean that anyone taking a job at Newcastle would simply have to be a front what the owners want. The club is a joke in my opinion, a pantomime club that any self-respecting, ambitious manager would shun.

Step up Dennis Wise you've found you're calling.

Newcastle have begun their search for a sixth manager in four years after the resignation of Kevin Keegan.

Everton boss David Moyes and former Juventus coach Didier Deschamps are among the names being considered, BBC 5 Live's Jonathan Legard understands.

Moyes was previously mentioned as a possible successor to Sam Allardyce when he left Newcastle in January.....

...Moyes, who has yet to sign a new contract with Everton, was among those considered before Keegan returned to St James' Park in January.

Legard said: "Sources in the North-East claim Moyes' name is again in the frame, particularly as his new Everton contract remains unsigned, although I am told that is set to change imminently.

"Whether Moyes would want to work in tandem with Newcastle's director of football Dennis Wise is another matter.

"And whatever his frustrations with Everton's transfer budget, he'll have seen that Newcastle's recent spending power has been flyweight by comparison."

Big of them to consider him....arrogant bastards.

I think there is every possibility that he could walk, maybe not on monday but in the very near future, he has come out and said that he would sign his contract in the next few weeks, but in the same interview also said the only thing on his mind at the moment is getting 3 or 4 new players in.

When you think that last years already small squad has been depleted by Players who have been sold, or sent back off loans examples Fernandes loan, Graveson loan, Gardner Loan, McFadden sold, Johnson sold, and on top of that we have Cahill unfit, Hibbert unfit, Annichebe olympic duty, and Vaughan Suspended or injured, it makes you realise why the manager is in no hurry to sign a contract, I feel sorry for him and think he has been taken for granted,

I havent a clue what sort of team is ready to play the first game cos i dont think we have 11 players available, i think he is biding his time to see what comes off on the transfer front, and if nothing does i can see him leaving.

How much longer can the club expect him to perform miracles if they wont provide him with the amount and quality players that he needs. ?? I for one would not blame him if he did resign, he has done a tremendous job to get us where we are and its about time he was shown some respect and appreciation by the Board.

Licdker, spot on mate it could happen.

I was conerned by the look on his face at the EGM the other night, he was fed up totally with all this in fighting...........................so if he does go I don't think it will be to the Barcodes, Ashley is a good mate of Kenwrights and promised last time he would keep away. Needless to say there is more crap going on there than we have at present so that may save us I would be more worried if Celtic or Rangers were looking for a manger

Newcastle have begun their search for a sixth manager in four years after the resignation of Kevin Keegan.

Everton boss David Moyes and former Juventus coach Didier Deschamps are among the names being considered, BBC 5 Live's Jonathan Legard understands.

Moyes was previously mentioned as a possible successor to Sam Allardyce when he left Newcastle in January.....

...Moyes, who has yet to sign a new contract with Everton, was among those considered before Keegan returned to St James' Park in January.

Legard said: "Sources in the North-East claim Moyes' name is again in the frame, particularly as his new Everton contract remains unsigned, although I am told that is set to change imminently.

"Whether Moyes would want to work in tandem with Newcastle's director of football Dennis Wise is another matter.

"And whatever his frustrations with Everton's transfer budget, he'll have seen that Newcastle's recent spending power has been flyweight by comparison."

Big of them to consider him....arrogant bastards.

Some mega rich Indian apparently flew into the UK last night looking to buy a Prem club, he'd go for them before us :mellow:

I still think that DM could leave but I don't think it will be for the \Skunks but for the hammer.

I know we broke our transfer record again this summer but he doesn't seem that happy as of late.

Hope I am wrong and he signs a new deal soon but we will have to wait and see

Some mega rich Indian apparently flew into the UK last night looking to buy a Prem club, he'd go for them before us :mellow:

Anil Ambani who has already been linked with buying into Newcastle. He is very wealthy, his company is "Reliance communications"and he is worth (last time I checked) around $70billion dollars. Shame he won't be investing in us in a way.

I still think that DM could leave but I don't think it will be for the \Skunks but for the hammer.

I know we broke our transfer record again this summer but he doesn't seem that happy as of late.

Why would he go to the Hammers when they've just forced a manager out by selling half of his defence behind his back?

I'm not surprised he does'nt look happy, Last year saw us having good runs in eufa and the cup comps, didnt win anything but had a lot of extra home games, so if you take £1 million from every home game (36,000 @ average £30 pound a ticket) you can see he has brought in a few extra million.

Then of course because of the increased money with the SKY TV contract which started last season the Club earned nearly £20 million pounds MORE than in previous seasons, and what was his reward for getting them into 5th spot again and another trip into europe. ??? NOT A PENNY... ZILCH ..... FOOK ALL. No wonder he's not looking happy.

And before anybody gets back to me about breaking the transfer record, think about how that came about.

He raised that £15 million pounds himself by having to sell Mcfadden and Johnson from an already skeletal squad, so i'm not a bit surprised that he's not happy. THEY GAVE HIM NOTHING.

I'm not surprised he does'nt look happy, Last year saw us having good runs in eufa and the cup comps, didnt win anything but had a lot of extra home games, so if you take £1 million from every home game (36,000 @ average £30 pound a ticket) you can see he has brought in a few extra million.

Then of course because of the increased money with the SKY TV contract which started last season the Club earned nearly £20 million pounds MORE than in previous seasons, and what was his reward for getting them into 5th spot again and another trip into europe. ??? NOT A PENNY... ZILCH ..... FOOK ALL. No wonder he's not looking happy.

And before anybody gets back to me about breaking the transfer record, think about how that came about.

He raised that £15 million pounds himself by having to sell Mcfadden and Johnson from an already skeletal squad, so i'm not a bit surprised that he's not happy. THEY GAVE HIM NOTHING.

Wrong Licker, they gave him permission, ask Keegan, Curbs etc about their experiences. Based on what we have seen our board have done really well considering the lack of wealth as they also secured numerous players on vastly increased long term contracts that have to be paid from the moment they are signed, thats called increasing overheads. Lets not get into any investment argument as we are all agreed that Mr Moneybags is needed, even our own Mr Moneybags says so.

Edited by Jimmy the blue

This is what i estimate has come into this club from this last season jimmy.

Premier league Pot ................................. £30 million pounds.

Almost £Im for every place up the league.. £14 ---- ll----------

About £1m for every 3 tv appearances..... £7...-----ll----------

Transfer fees for McFad and Johnson......... £16.5----ll---------

Gate reciepts 19 league games................. £19 -----ll---------

Gate reciepts , Eufa and Cups................... £7.------ll---------

Chelsea . Cup semi

Oldham. FA cup

Met Kharkiv

Larissa

Zenit st P

Brann fc.

Fiorentina... ALL EUFA.

Think it adds up to NINETY THREE AND A HALF MILLION POUNDS.

Dont you think they could have given him something, and i'm sure there is enough spare to cover any extended contracts, which will be paid over the coming years and not all at once.

Chelsea . Cup semi

Oldham. FA cup

Met Kharkiv

Larissa

Zenit st P

Brann fc.

Fiorentina... ALL EUFA.

Dont you think they could have given him something, and i'm sure there is enough spare to cover any extended contracts, which will be paid over the coming years and not all at once.

It's all estimates though, how much did we pay out in wages? How much has gone out to pay off loan payments/interest? Has some been put aside for the stadium? What you have to remember is that we bought Lescott, Yakubu, AJ etc in the last few years, we wouldn't have paid the money up front, we are probably still paying some of it off this Summer, for all we know the Yakubu fee was split in two meaning we paid £6m for him this year as well. Moyes has not criticised the board, only about when the money was made available - he has constantly praised the board ever since he has been here and he knows more about what is going on than any of us.

Chelsea . Cup semi

Oldham. FA cup

Met Kharkiv

Larissa

Zenit st P

Brann fc.

Fiorentina... ALL EUFA.

Licker, any prudent accountant will be battoning down the hatches because of the present financial climate. We have kept our season ticket prices low in comparison to the rest of the league, Moyes has spent well year on year. At no time has he ever complained about what money he has available. Don't forget we also have ever increasing loans to serve so sorry mate I still think the board are doing a good job. If no provisions were made to repay our debts then we would be in trouble and no one wants to see that and don't forget they have allowed Moyes to spend like no other manager has been allowed to in modern times. Strangely Moyes himself could be criticized there as two of his four record breaking signings have flopped and the jury still remains out, for some, on the other.

JIMMY, CARL ... I started the post by saying "this is what i estimate has come into the club" it could be less or it could be more, i have seen figures that more or less back up what i've said ,theres no point in you both trying to come up with reasons or excuses why we should be skint and have no money,

"It's all estimates though, how much did we pay out in wages? How much has gone out to pay off loan payments/interest"?

We could argue in greater detail about all the finacial details but we dont really have a clue so theres no point.

suffice to say most companies (if they are any good) will always keep wage structures and such expenditures within a budget, and we have always been one of the lesser paid salaries in the league, and we have always had one of the smallest squads to keep within those budgets.

"If no provisions were made to repay our debts then we would be in trouble and no one wants to see that"

This is my bone of contention. Why are we still in debt, ? or why are we going deeper into debt.??

I read in the paper last year that all premier league clubs this year will get £20 million pounds more than the previous year because of the new TV contract coming into force, (thats partly why all the players got improved contracts).

So in the previous 3 years we must have earned close to £70 million a year give or take a few quid, so i am asking why have debts not been paid off, or at least greatly reduced. Why have we had to sell off everything we owned, AND still have to get more loans to remortgage other loans.

Surely you can see that whoever is running this football club has not been doing a very good job.

If David Moyes was to leave in the near future, my fear is that without the success he has brought, the well being of this club would be in serious jeopardy and rapidly slide into decline. We need people who will run the club as a successfull business.

I'm not going to get into a long and argumentative debate with you guys cos my fingers get sore with too much typing, :)

Just stating my feelings about the clubs board of directors, we all have different opinions and i'm just airing mine.

JIMMY, CARL ... I started the post by saying "this is what i estimate has come into the club" it could be less or it could be more, i have seen figures that more or less back up what i've said ,theres no point in you both trying to come up with reasons or excuses why we should be skint and have no money,

"It's all estimates though, how much did we pay out in wages? How much has gone out to pay off loan payments/interest"?

We could argue in greater detail about all the finacial details but we dont really have a clue so theres no point.

suffice to say most companies (if they are any good) will always keep wage structures and such expenditures within a budget, and we have always been one of the lesser paid salaries in the league, and we have always had one of the smallest squads to keep within those budgets.

"If no provisions were made to repay our debts then we would be in trouble and no one wants to see that"

This is my bone of contention. Why are we still in debt, ? or why are we going deeper into debt.??

I read in the paper last year that all premier league clubs this year will get £20 million pounds more than the previous year because of the new TV contract coming into force, (thats partly why all the players got improved contracts).

So in the previous 3 years we must have earned close to £70 million a year give or take a few quid, so i am asking why have debts not been paid off, or at least greatly reduced. Why have we had to sell off everything we owned, AND still have to get more loans to remortgage other loans.

Surely you can see that whoever is running this football club has not been doing a very good job.

If David Moyes was to leave in the near future, my fear is that without the success he has brought, this club will go downhill at an alarming speed. We need people who will run the club as a successfull business.

I'm not going to get into a long and argumentative debate with you two lads cos my fingers get sore with too much typing, :)

Just airing my feelings and thoughts about the clubs board of directors.

Lick if you had said that you were upset at the way Wyness and Dunford ran the club, I couldn't argue with you as many financial streams got overlooked or ignored totally. With his back ground Wyness should have known better but he acted as an asset stripper...........no argument there mate

Don't for one moment think I believe Billy is without his faults, he isn't. Bills biggest problem is that he trusts his closest allies totally, he believed everything Walter told him and made some horrendous signings and he accept all the advice given to him by Wyness much of which was flawed. That said he has shown Moyes that same devotion, he selected Moyes for the job so he is not all bad mate.

What has gone on in the past is now history rather than snipe at the present incumbents we should be urging them to get it right. At that EGM Bill reiterated statements he had made many times before about selling the club butt still people don't believe him, I do and the vast majority do as well. I hope that Elston does a cost cutting exercise and explores new revenue streams, he should do its his job

Kenwright could well be the main reason Moyes stays at the club, who would you rather work for Billy or Mike Ghastly.................its no contest mate. As for the long term costs of the club, here is hoping Mr moneybags comes along but we will need a new stadium first

Having seen this moments ago I'm a lot happier than I was http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry136560

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Apparently the daily mirror have linked him with the West Ham job(Source:OS). Not sure about his one, I don't think he'll go, but I'm getting increasing worried that his long term future is not going to be at Goodison. The reason being that we can't guarantee transfer money to remain contenders in the future. Maybe not this year, but certainly in the future, any stadium issues will have a direct influence on funds available for transfers. I think Moyes knows that too, maybe that's why he's stalling. One way or the other he may see this season out, but long term, I things don't look good for us.

Guest blueboy122

The article printed by the daily post has no evidence to back up this story david moyes is not quoted anywere by saying he will resist the newcastle job. i hope he does stay though.

I cant see him going anywhere not in the near future that is, the Newcastle job is a managerial suicide and anyone with half a brain knows that, Westham are and will be for years to come a mediocre team who need alot of work doing and money spent to achieve what Moyesy has here plus id assume he and his family are very settled to life in the NW which is another small reason but may personally bare some weight to himself and family that i think he'll be looking at the United hotseat.

Edited by EFC-Paul