IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

That wouldn't happen, surely? Risks are far too great?

You'd certainly want a top notch geologist on the design team wouldn't you.

Can't get on the designers' website to look at in detail (probably crashed due to publicity of this) but their "images" look like they make some interesting things.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=modscape+australia&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source%3F%7D&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=j0APVNjhIMaL7Aa-kYGAAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1366&bih=643

You'd certainly want a top notch geologist on the design team wouldn't you.

Can't get on the designers' website to look at in detail (probably crashed due to publicity of this) but their "images" look like they make some interesting things.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=modscape+australia&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source%3F%7D&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=j0APVNjhIMaL7Aa-kYGAAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1366&bih=643

No different than the basic structure of some bridges. I'd go for it, hanging off a Cornish cliff. Problem would be getting planning permission from over-fussy councils.

No different than the basic structure of some bridges. I'd go for it, hanging off a Cornish cliff. Problem would be getting planning permission from over-fussy councils.

Don't do heights so I could only live in one if they blacked out all the windows; which would kind of defeat the point.

Haha. The reaction of the news anchor afterwards is priceless.

Just a thought: I'll be moving to Washington at the end of October where recreational use of marijuana is legalized. I'm curious to see how people treat it while walking through the streets of Seattle.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Just a thought: I'll be moving to Washington at the end of October where recreational use of marijuana is legalized. I'm curious to see how people treat it while walking through the streets of Seattle.

My oldest son lives and works in Denver, and Colorado is another state that legalized Marijuana. It's been interesting to see why crime statistics have risen. It's, by all accounts, because of the influx of "undesirables" into the state due to the new law. (Not meaning to suggest, of course, that you're an undesirable! :) )

Tonka, you'll be fine man. spent a lot of time in vancouver where it's the same legality and people just walking to shows/sporting events having a Joint instead of having a beer.

can't wait till it gets legalized down here in louisiana. other thing you may not realize is that edibles are legal as well. go get yourself an ice cream sandwich and enjoy a nice museum. ate a brownie once and went to the science museum, wonderful experience.

My oldest son lives and works in Denver, and Colorado is another state that legalized Marijuana. It's been interesting to see why crime statistics have risen. It's, by all accounts, because of the influx of "undesirables" into the state due to the new law. (Not meaning to suggest, of course, that you're an undesirable! :) )

I've actually read the opposite about crime statistics and weed legalization, but I don't live there.

Tonka, you'll be fine man. spent a lot of time in vancouver where it's the same legality and people just walking to shows/sporting events having a Joint instead of having a beer.

can't wait till it gets legalized down here in louisiana. other thing you may not realize is that edibles are legal as well. go get yourself an ice cream sandwich and enjoy a nice museum. ate a brownie once and went to the science museum, wonderful experience.

Yeah, I'm definitely not against it. I think it's safer than alcohol really. I probably won't be partaking in it too much due to my job, but I'm glad to know that my tax dollars won't be spent sending people to jail for pot.

Yeah, I'm definitely not against it. I think it's safer than alcohol really. I probably won't be partaking in it too much due to my job, but I'm glad to know that my tax dollars won't be spent sending people to jail for pot.

exactly. all the potheads i know keep to themselves, stay in their homes and aren't trouble makers. it's the drug lords and media who give it a bad name, legalize it and they go away.

enjoy washington, absolutely beautiful state, i'd wager to say most beautiful state in the continental 48. so green and lush, really enjoy it man, so happy for you!

exactly. all the potheads i know keep to themselves, stay in their homes and aren't trouble makers. it's the drug lords and media who give it a bad name, legalize it and they go away.

enjoy washington, absolutely beautiful state, i'd wager to say most beautiful state in the continental 48. so green and lush, really enjoy it man, so happy for you!

Thanks, man! I really appreciate that. I've lived in Mississippi my whole life, so it will be a nice change, and it's only 2600 miles away. ;)

One of the (many) reasons I despise programmes like this. He's gone through a series of auditions to get to that point and the producers think it's a great idea to put him on TV and humiliate him.

The only other possibilty is that he's in on it all along and they're using it as an "act" to pull in more viewers.

Either way it's wrong.

One of the (many) reasons I despise programmes like this. He's gone through a series of auditions to get to that point and the producers think it's a great idea to put him on TV and humiliate him.

The only other possibilty is that he's in on it all along and they're using it as an "act" to pull in more viewers.

Either way it's wrong.

To be honest, I hate it too. A mate sent me the link, but I couldn't stop laughing. I was so convinced he was going to rip it up (because my mate told me he would).

There are some moments of it that are great though.

He knows he is shite and he has done that for 15 minutes of fame. If not he needs locking away in a mental institution.

But probably 98% of the people who apply are shite so don't get through to TV auditions. The ones that you see being humiliated are there because the producers want them there, purely to be laughed at. If it was what it claims to be (a "talent show") then only people with some semblance of talent should make it through the application/pre-auditioning process. It's hateful shite.

That kid, if for real, almost certainly does need some sort of mental health help; or maybe he's already getting it.

But probably 98% of the people who apply are shite so don't get through to TV auditions. The ones that you see being humiliated are there because the producers want them there, purely to be laughed at. If it was what it claims to be (a "talent show") then only people with some semblance of talent should make it through the application/pre-auditioning process. It's hateful shite.

That kid, if for real, almost certainly does need some sort of mental health help; or maybe he's already getting it.

Tbh Mike, I don't watch shite like that for the same reason as you. The exploitation is phenomenal but I've also been told these people are vetted and coaxed and tutored as well as paid to do these "auditions"

If they are and they want to prostitute themselves to make them look stupid because they are that desperate for recognition or their 15 minutes ghen shame on them too.

I don't watch even a second of it and my wife is glued to it, x factor, extra factor , the x dxtra factor , the extra extra x factor and oonnnnn it goes. I go upstairs and watch telly or listen to music and as much as it's a regular in this house I couldn't even tell you who the judges are. It's car crash telly that exploits desperate people on so many levels.

The graffiti artist "Banksy" apparently painted this on a wall:

TTWwCh7.jpg

I've seen it described as 'anti-immigration'. I would have thought it was pro-immigration personally as the those birds with placards are common grey pigeons and the other bird is exotic and bright coloured.

It's been removed by a local council because it was considered to contain an "offensive and racist remark"

The graffiti artist "Banksy" apparently painted this on a wall:

TTWwCh7.jpg

I've seen it described as 'anti-immigration'. I would have thought it was pro-immigration personally as the those birds with placards are common grey pigeons and the other bird is exotic and bright coloured.

It's been removed by a local council because it was considered to contain an "offensive and racist remark"

You've outdone yourself there Louis, look one post up from yours :lol:.