IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-32919460

Only six years? Should've got life for that. See kids driving like maniacs all the time and I live in the hope that they'll hit a tree in near future and take themselves out of the gene pool before they kill an innocent bystander.

Makes me so fucking angry.

Always the fucking way. The twat walked away with his life and he'll be out in 4 years (probably less than 3)

Always the fucking way. The twat walked away with his life and he'll be out in 4 years (probably less than 3)

Many years ago, when I had Josh in the car in a baby seat, I had one of them climbing all over the back of me on a windy A road (between Cheddar and Wells it was), pulling out looking to overtake every time there was more than ten yards of straight road and always a few feet off my tail. Now I'm not a big guy, and usually very mild mannered but I just stopped the car in the middle of the road and went to have a chat with him.....he kept his windows shut and the door locked (big queue of traffic building up behind us but wasn't bothered). If I'd have had a hammer I'd have smashed his window, not to hit him but to talk to him. Just ended up with saying (loud enough) that if he wanted to kill himself then great but to leave me and my family out of it; I don't suppose it made any difference to him. Wife's face when I got back in the car was classic; she'd never seen that side of me (and rarely has since) but it's something that just really presses my buttons.

A car is as lethal a weapon as a firearm and in the wrong hands and can do just as much damage.

Was up at 6.00 this morning because one of my daughters was doing a car-boot with a friend (in Exeter). We'd given her a few bits to sell, single mum now sadly (mind you she's better off without the twat but that's another story) so needs all the help she can get and we thought we'd go and surprise her and see how she was doing. Unfortunately the weather being pretty shit meant it was a bit of a dead loss overall but she was doing OK, and her mate had a camper van so when we arrived she was making sausage and egg sandwiches in the back! Timing is everything :).

Problem is my body now thinks it's about 6.00pm, it's not healthy to get up so early on a Sunday :dry:!

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute quality example of Estate Agents not telling you the one glaring thing you need to know about your potential new house. This place was actually a nursery and Josh went there when he was about three, loved it. It's recently been refurbed and looks a good job has been done and a very good price for a four bed detached down here...

http://www.seddons.com/Templates/Details.htm?PropertyID=161744

What they don't tell you is why it needed refurbing in the first place and who the neighbours are at the back of your lovely "landscaped garden".

Here you go...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Tiverton,+Devon+EX16+4BY/@50.9041865,-3.4808923,242m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x486dbef17b390e3b:0xf6e3172b65079f5a

The house was actually the site office when the "neighbour" was being built and then left to fall apart along with the other two houses next to it (bought by Tescos). One of them is still derelict.

If that wasn't enough; the Tescos is open 24 hours and just to complete you rural Devon idyll if you look out of the front of your new home you have the splendid vista of a Travis Perkins builders yard on the other side of the road :lol:.

Sometimes things work out well. Six weeks ago, I had an issue with my right eye. The eye doctor was very thorough and the diagnosis was clear; the vitreous humor was pulling away a little, causing me to see a little flashing and a boatload of floaters. The symptoms have pretty much subsided since then. Today I went for a routine followup visit - and he found a tear in the retina of that eye. It wasn't there six weeks ago, and it's not impacting my vision. So, if I hadn't gone for this appointment, I may not have known for a while and done permanent damage to that eye. They're going to do surgery on that eye tomorrow morning, which is great.

The only downside is that I can't do any lifting or running or much walking until they do the surgery. This means my sons will have to mow the lawn. Am now hoping that he'll tell me no strenuous activity until the summer is out and the grass stops growing. :)

Sometimes things work out well. Six weeks ago, I had an issue with my right eye. The eye doctor was very thorough and the diagnosis was clear; the vitreous humor was pulling away a little, causing me to see a little flashing and a boatload of floaters. The symptoms have pretty much subsided since then. Today I went for a routine followup visit - and he found a tear in the retina of that eye. It wasn't there six weeks ago, and it's not impacting my vision. So, if I hadn't gone for this appointment, I may not have known for a while and done permanent damage to that eye. They're going to do surgery on that eye tomorrow morning, which is great.

The only downside is that I can't do any lifting or running or much walking until they do the surgery. This means my sons will have to mow the lawn. Am now hoping that he'll tell me no strenuous activity until the summer is out and the grass stops growing. :)

Good news Steve! Rings true; sure I've said it before but my recent (not so recent now) stuff was discovered completely by accident when I went to see the doctor about a bit of tendonitis in my wrist. Fate is sometimes great :).

It was fascinating stuff. Here was me expecting a laser to look like the ones with which I used to make holograms in the physics lab, but it's not like that at all. The doctor wears a helmet and looks rather like the Borg. The laser is part of the helmet. After the first few blasts, I couldn't see a blessed thing out of that eye; it was completely black. Honestly, I didn't know whether my eye was open or shut - but it didn't take long to recover. It was straight back to work the moment I arrived home. No ill effects at all so far.

It was fascinating stuff. Here was me expecting a laser to look like the ones with which I used to make holograms in the physics lab, but it's not like that at all. The doctor wears a helmet and looks rather like the Borg. The laser is part of the helmet. After the first few blasts, I couldn't see a blessed thing out of that eye; it was completely black. Honestly, I didn't know whether my eye was open or shut - but it didn't take long to recover. It was straight back to work the moment I arrived home. No ill effects at all so far.

Good news Steve! Hope all continues well.

Funny the Borg reference; in my acupuncture group this morning someone was talking about looking like the Borg after an op. I mentioned Seven Of Nine and all the (male) group members went glassy eyed, and that was nothing to do with sight problems :lol:.

Good news Steve! Hope all continues well.

Funny the Borg reference; in my acupuncture group this morning someone was talking about looking like the Borg after an op. I mentioned Seven Of Nine and all the (male) group members went glassy eyed, and that was nothing to do with sight problems :lol:.

Not surprised! Jeri Ryan.......

.... I'll be back in a bit....

Just noticed it's ten years today that I registered here, and nobody's thought to make a cake. Bastards :dry:.

It's also my lad's nineteenth birthday; unbelievable, he was only born yesterday ffs. Advice to anyone with young kids (or planning/expecting them); enjoy every second because it'll be over in the blink of an eye!

scan005_zps3eec7ffa.jpg

Great pic mate, Happy Birthdat to Josh.

Edit how weird does it look with a kids kit with a sponsor.

I keep all Jakes I have a really early one with Chang Soda on it.

Thanks Pad, His first kit is a One2one that's in a frame on his bedroom wall :). I've got loads of others hanging in the cabin in the garden (which was once "my space" before it got to be "storage" :(). One day I'll sort them all out properly.....and then start adding the grandkids :D.

Awesome! Can you imagine being a passenger when it does this?

What's the opposite of "awesome"? That would be my feeling :huh:.

Also, an American made plane with "Vietnam Airlines" livery? Hint of irony or does it actually have a napalm dropping capability?

Went to Windsor yesterday (evening) to meet up with some friends. As her indoors can't walk very far (arthritis) I went to the open-air car park opposite our meeting place. I found a space and went to pay. Maximum stay 4 hours = £10. I worked out that we would only need three hours so it only cost me £8. The joys of living in the south!

Had a minor problem with our fridge (fixed now) but it reminded me about not long after we were married in Leeds. We had been saving up for a fridge (deposit, not total cost) and it was delivered in January 1963. The heating in the house was by two coal fires, one in the front room and one in the back room. As we had no furniture in the front room that fire was never lit, so the sole heating in the house was one coal fire. The morning after the fridge was delivered I got up to light the fire. Thought I would check the fridge to make sure it was working OK. Checked the temperature gauge and then had a look at the thermometer on the kitchen wall. It was several degrees warmer inside the fridge than in the rest of the house. 1963 was the harshest winter since 1947 (and I remember that one as well). As I sit in my centrally heated house with double glazing, I don't know how we survived. True story that.

Youngest daughter popped out another grandson yesterday; makes eight! Another three and I'll have a (mixed sex) football team :lol:.

Going to see him this afternoon; they've called him Theodore for some unknown reason, but I suppose Theo is OK :).

Found out today that number nine is on the way; has to be the center forward :D.

These girls have got to stop breeding one day, I already have to start saving for Christmas on Boxing Day :(.

Nine days before I fly in the Government are planning on airlifting Brits out..

http://www.sunnation.co.uk/british-holidaymakers-will-be-airlifted-out-of-greece-if-it-goes-bust/

Absolute drivel, Greece to become Syria overnight? I'd like to see someone try to evacuate me :).

It's nothing to do with that Mike. It's because you're going, some Brits want out. ;)