IGNORED

2012 - Olympics

Senegal were really physical tonight and we were robbed of a penalty. We played excellent when it went to 1-1 and the crowd got behind the GB lot, if they'd of done that from the start we could have won this one by a handsome margin, I still think we will qualify, a nice win against UAE followed by a point against Uraguay should see us in the Quarter Final.

I'm not all up on Olympic events now. So the winners of this tourney get a Gold Medal right, and the runners up Silver, and those who reach the semi-finals Bronze maybe. I think on paper Uruguay should win outright as they seem the most capable of the competitors, but you never can tell what will happen.

I'd take the food from Kentucky Fried Chicken. Extra Large Fries naturally.

This could be the only way English soccer players may achieve a medal this year, if I may add.

I don't care much for this tournament, or if they do well, far less coverage, almost goes unnoticed, so good luck in their endeavors, but still feel totally indifferent with events.

Would be the first time they have ever won the Olympics but I'm right with you. Brazil for me are the ones to beat, the question is whether they can take this fine team and turn it into a World-Cup winning one when they host the tournement in 2014.

Not in 2014...too early, but that team has nearly all first team club starters in, and on the BENCH, they can keep the likes of Oscar and Gantso...Mental.

Neymar's a tad over rated, and he's a bellend too but I think he'll play well against the non physical teams.

Not in 2014...too early, but that team has nearly all first team club starters in, and on the BENCH, they can keep the likes of Oscar and Gantso...Mental.

Neymar's a tad over rated, and he's a bellend too but I think he'll play well against the non physical teams.

They don't need Neymar, they have Pato who is smart enough to break down the physical teams. It's a joke how rubbish team GB are in comparison, 4 countries and we're not even close.

I shall throw something heavy at the TV tonight if that self~important smug bastard Redgrave gets to light the flame. Great at rowing a boat but that doesn't make you the f'cking Messiah Sir Steveshaking%20fist.png .

bit much isnt it Mike?! Dont see why anyone has any emotions towards the emotions; it never lives up to expectation, always lets you down despite moments of reasonable interest.... we have Everton for that and thats more than enough for me!

just curious - who should light it? (not that i'll be watching, heading to the lake to drink mojitos :D)

Edited by Matt

just curious - who should light it? (not that i'll be watching, heading to the lake to drink mojitos biggrin.png)

Random local kid (or something clever like when it was lit by an arrow).

Not royalty.

Not a forces hero.

Not a sporting ikon (though I could live with Roger Bannister).

Not a politician.

My personal preference would be for Jessica Ennis wearing a Union Jack thong....but I suspect I'll be disappointedsad.png .

Random local kid (or something clever like when it was lit by an arrow).

Not royalty.

Not a forces hero.

Not a sporting ikon (though I could live with Roger Bannister).

Not a politician.

My personal preference would be for Jessica Ennis wearing a Union Jack thong....but I suspect I'll be disappointedsad.png .

Why not a sporting icon? Its a sporting event?! I like the idea of a flaming arrow though!

why though!? Maybe im missing something because I rarely get to see English TV?

(IMO) Takes himself far too seriously.....totally humourless....complete lack of humility....is always Sir when most ordinary people who get a knighthood would say, "...call me Steve."

Look up "smug" in the dictionary and it says, "Steven Redgrave."

All I heard about today was 'who is going to light the Olympic torch', damn it, can't even participate on James Bond today because all there seems to be is talk that Daniel Craig will get the honor, I don't believe it's even been done yet, so this is still pending, but sincerely wish it was someone else. And what the fuck does Craig have to do with The Olympics anyway, at least get in some great sporting figure and I don't mean Beckham by that. I'll be real relieved when this event is over, not even sure when the actual final day is, seems about three weeks in duration, nothing too extreme. I used to take an interest in what could be the greatest sporting spectacle on the planet, but those days have passed.

With Zoo on that. I thought it awesome.

I've never seen any opening ceremony like it. Normally they just get a few dances 'interpreting' world events, in their movements but I never actually 'see' which events they're representing. However yesterday, was a full blown story, it was great.

Some of it was a bit mind trippy but apart from that, it was a cracking job.

And I loved the torch! Each bronze petal representing the unification of the world tree, sweet.

Watched that, got hammered an now I'm hanging :(