IGNORED

2012 - Olympics

or if theres a family bucket of KFC at the end....

In all seriousness, I cant think of a country that would be considered the stereotypical "best accelerating" country. Only stereotypes from all the sports I can think of would be Kenya for the long distance running and any of several Eastern Europe women called Holga for the shot-put.

I wasnt having a go, im generally curious.

The French, when they're running away. ;)

I would consider Caribbean countries sprinting countries to be honest... although for some reason I don't find it odd that they had a bob-sleigh team in 1988.. I loved Cool runnings :)

At least the event has passed off without incident thus far, but still some time to go. China still top of Medal tables apparently, British in third place, not a bad achievement, I read about some swimmers in the Serpentine doing an event, and thought that a bit questionable, maybe Indoor arenas could cater for such a thing, but will let it go.

BMX makes me laugh....grown-ups on kiddie bikeslaugh.png .

And they're calling a bit of the track, "the widow maker"rofl.gif.

More like the "graze your knee and ask mummy to put a plaster on it" section!

such a cynic.... the bigger the people the more speed they get, the bigger the bail - trust me, its more painful than as a kid, skimmin your knee!

i love it, and skateboarding too (not sure how thats not included if bmx-ing is though).

Generational thing probably Matt.

I had a bike with twenty inch wheels for my seventh birthday....and grew out of it pretty quickly. Just looks incongruous adults riding something that size, though I'm sure it's fun. I've tried a skateboard once or twice with no success at all....though I picked up snowboarding OK (still preferred skis).

But not as ridiculous as dressage to music!

We just won a gold and bronze though....so GB has the best dancing horses in the world! Something to be very proud ofunsure.png .

Gives privileged kids something to try for at the olympics. Think jousting and polo (to keep the posh kids happy) would be better fitting for the olympics, and save the dressage ect. for the horses version of Crufts.

So, Mexico have done it. I'm rather pleased to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Brazil as they seem to have a strong arrogance surrounding them which I detest. Mexico were by far the underdogs in this match and proved that with heart and determination anything is possible, Brazil just didn't seem up to it today.

As I said in the shoutbox earlier I don't see the fuss surrounding Neymar either, he's a good player but the fact that he's compared to Messi/Ronaldo has me baffled. He's a right bellend too.

Bet they'll crawling up their own arse's after writing/predicting that!! It's going to be a slow, painful watch for these guys (medal placings above China and USA) laugh.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ympics/18787235

They just got a bit stupid with the minor medals, thinking everyone with any sort of a chance was going to get one.

Twenty seven golds was spot~on, though we'll hopefully get one or two more in the boxing finals.

I'm trying to give the 2012 Olympics a wide berth but couldn't resist a peek at the medals table and lo and behold the US are now in first place, mighty fine achievement, and the British also doing well in third, 28 Gold medals now, fine achievement for the home nation.

All the same, I'll be real glad when it's over.