IGNORED

2012 - Olympics

not seen it, told it was a big bucket of donkey spunk by many people

Awful film imo, I'd only recommend to LOTR movie fans. Not worth wasting your time if you have seen Pocohontas, Dances with Wolves or The 13th Warrior all similar stories but delivered better. The 3d floaty bits were good, but didnt justify the price of a ticket or the numb arse.

I didn't watch it, lost interest in Olympics some time ago, a lot of back slapping banality and nauseating hyperbole, the fucking thing will be over in two weeks or more of all things. From what I can ascertain, the opening ceremony (not opened by Bond, but Danny Boyle?), was nothing too dissimilar from a Jean Michel Jarre concert or half time entertainment at the Super Bowl, nothing we've never seen before, some lights, and fireworks and a handful of performing acts, may as well been New Years Eve and no-one would have known the difference. should have had Jools Holland open the fucking thing. It'll soon all be over. I wish I could be more benevolent of these events now but there's no sense in lying. Maybe there's been too much sport this calendar year, just something I could do without.

Awful film imo, I'd only recommend to LOTR movie fans. Not worth wasting your time if you have seen Pocohontas, Dances with Wolves or The 13th Warrior all similar stories but delivered better. The 3d floaty bits were good, but didnt justify the price of a ticket or the numb arse.

It's not an amazing film in terms of acting and storyline but it is an amazing film in terms of special effects. I got it on Blu-Ray but only watch it a handful of times when I want a kick outta good HD. I put it on with the missus and she didn't seem to impressed, I think it's a 40-year old mans type of a film.

Since when was watching Movies part of the Olympics? If this is refering to Avatar, not seen it, but definitely not a release for '40 year old men' surely. Super special effects don't always make for a good movie. You can watch Casablanca or the Third Man and still a very good watch, without the need for over indulgence in SFX, I miss the old days.

I hope that was a dig. F*cking hate Muse. Massively massively overrated!!! Noise and lights sound about right.

But Matt, I was massively suprised. I thought it was gonna be an absolute flop, but i was pleasantly impressed!

Muse are epic, except their last album when they went too political. First few albums are amazing though.

They put on some opening event hands down the best opening to any major sporting event I've ever seen..

I'm in the same boat "see what I did" as Mike in regards to Redgrave I saw Him on a hidden camera show a few years back and He came across an absolute arrogant prick then as soon as He knew He was on tv He changed his tune.

Yeah a sporting hero to some not Me as I don't regard rowing as a sport as such but He is spoken about as though He's some massiah.

A decrepit Paul McCartney croaking out ten years past his sell by date; the painfully awful Arctic Monkeys; a lot of non sequitur texting inanely splayed across the screen (presumably, so the yoof could relate to it); a half-baked reference to Shakespeare, our greatest export; a lot of backslapping and rather rustic dance routines. This is England.

I hope that was a dig. F*cking hate Muse. Massively massively overrated!!! Noise and lights sound about right.

But Matt, I was massively suprised. I thought it was gonna be an absolute flop, but i was pleasantly impressed!

I work at a few festivals so can't stand them. The light show is impressive but no matter how good a light show is it's not enough to trick my attention away from them being lazy music whores.

Muse are epic, except their last album when they went too political. First few albums are amazing though.

Epic? Matt you're far too generous. Origin of Symmetry is very good but, the new stuff has ruined them for me. I think they're a bit stale now, the formula is too Cold Play/Kasabian/U2 style, songs too similar and focus is on being catchy.

Epic? Matt you're far too generous. Origin of Symmetry is very good but, the new stuff has ruined them for me. I think they're a bit stale now, the formula is too Cold Play/Kasabian/U2 style, songs too similar and focus is on being catchy.

Saw them live for my 18th in Dublin, epic just about covers how amazing they were that night. HAARP gig is awesome too, Bellamy is such a good front man, not to mention his musical talent.

Saw them live for my 18th in Dublin, epic just about covers how amazing they were that night. HAARP gig is awesome too, Bellamy is such a good front man, not to mention his musical talent.

I meant more on their last album being the only poor one, I find a lot of it very meh for a while.

Ah as a one off show they are really good. But they offer no value after that with their music catalogue being too similar and make up for it with visual effects.

I really like Matt Bellamy as well but for me him and the band of got lazy, thats why I want them to go separate ways and do something new.

Edited by pete0

When is the actual closing date for this event, or last day of action even. I keep scouting around for some news but can't seem to find a definite answer?

Seems about sixteen days in total, then it says 'til September, then three weeks somewhere else. Nothing overly long I sincerely hope.

When is the actual closing date for this event, or last day of action even. I keep scouting around for some news but can't seem to find a definite answer?

Seems about sixteen days in total, then it says 'til September, then three weeks somewhere else. Nothing overly long I sincerely hope.

I researched it for you....wasn't easy I can tell you; had to type two words into a search engine ("olympic" and "closing")!

August 12th.

Hope this helps.

We're trying to get out and dashing around, but saw that and August 12 is good enough. Nothing overly belligerent or intolerable.

Just no love for this event in London, people seem to think everyone in the United Kingdom loves Olympics, and want it shoved in their fucking faces 24/7. Simply isn't the case. Good luck to the guys involved etc, but a too much hyperbole for me.

First it was Soccer euros, then Tennis, then something else, then Olympics, and when that ends, start of new season again. Just would have appreciated a respite from Sport for a week or so, that's all.

Just can't win it seems sad.png

We're trying to get out and dashing around, but saw that and August 12 is good enough. Nothing overly belligerent or intolerable.

Just no love for this event in London, people seem to think everyone in the United Kingdom loves Olympics, and want it shoved in their fucking faces 24/7. Simply isn't the case. Good luck to the guys involved etc, but a too much hyperbole for me.

First it was Soccer euros, then Tennis, then something else, then Olympics, and when that ends, start of new season again. Just would have appreciated a respite from Sport for a week or so, that's all.

Just can't win it seems sad.png

you know you can just not watch the TV, play on the net and ignore the papers for a week, if you want a break.

It's easier said than done.

I feel almost dependant on the above, and almost shameful to admit it. I don't watch much TV, time and other objectives don't permit it, keep Interweb to a minimum, don;t have much choice, and don't purchase any newspapers, apart from the I paper every now and again, and even that is full of fucking Olympics. Bottom line is, wherever you go, whatever you do...No escape from Olympics. I lost interest in this about 25 years ago. It'll soon be over though. All good things to those who wait etc.