IGNORED

2012 - Olympics

Wiggins wins, one more Gold for the Team GB team. Froome came third too meaning that we have a Bronze. The win today means that Wiggins is the most successful athlete ever in the Olympic games for us with 7 medals even though Redgrave is still officially the 'Number 1' because he has won more gold.

They did say however that Chris Hoy can move to the top tomorrow should he win gold in the Indoor Cycling Event.

Those badminton players have been disqualified (and rightly so).

Same thing should have happened at the '82 World Cup.....was a disgrace...

http://www.guardian....rld-cup-algeria

'...there was outrage in Wst Germany and Austria too. Eberhard Stanjek, commentating for the German channel ARD, almost sobbed during the match as he lamented: "What is happening here is disgraceful and has nothing to do with football. You can say what you like, but not every end justifies the means." The Austrian commentator, meanwhile, told viewers to turn off their sets and refused to speak for the last half-hour. Former West German international Willi Schulz branded the German players "gangsters".'

Looks like between us and China on the leaderboard, but still ample time for anything to change. I wish I could be more enthusiastic about Olympic Games now but simply lost interest years ago, this country has done very well so far, fifteen gold medals is quite impressive, the guys have done a good job for sure. Spain may be the best side in the world for football but #36 in the medal table (no Gold), dictates they simply can't always have it their own way on the world stage.

Surely Federer isn't taking this as seriously as before. The Olympic Tennis event simply pales into insignificance with regards to Wimbledon or the French or US open. Murray seems determined on a bit of revenge after last months Final, wants it more, and the level of motivation that Federer has for this Oylmpic event simply isn't as apparent as usual. I don't know much about Tennis but that's how it comes across. Good for Murray though, the kid seems more up for it, and will bring another medal home it seems.

Surely Federer isn't taking this as seriously as before. The Olympic Tennis event simply pales into insignificance with regards to Wimbledon or the French or US open. Murray seems determined on a bit of revenge after last months Final, wants it more, and the level of motivation that Federer has for this Oylmpic event simply isn't as apparent as usual. I don't know much about Tennis but that's how it comes across. Good for Murray though, the kid seems more up for it, and will bring another medal home it seems.

federer was desperate to win..seems murray was just too good this time round

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/9456300/Usain-Bolt-celebrates-100m-gold-with-Swedish-womens-handball-team.html

"A Swedish newspaper reported that the trio asked Bolt’s coach for accreditation so that they could congratulate the sprinter and spent an hour-and-a half in the sprinting legend's bedroom."

Legend is the right wordtongue.png.

Was out last night and took a radio and all you could hear on different stations was damn Olympics. Got so irritated I just settled for a business discussion in French. Good for Murray really, pleased for the kid even, but Federer won the Tennis championships a few weeks ago, so won't be too disappointed, he's got enough medals and awards. Not all that interested, but heard several mentions of Bolt breaking a new record as fastest man on earth, nine something seconds. You don't normally associate Jamaicans with acceleration.

Was out last night and took a radio and all you could hear on different stations was damn Olympics. Got so irritated I just settled for a business discussion in French. Good for Murray really, pleased for the kid even, but Federer won the Tennis championships a few weeks ago, so won't be too disappointed, he's got enough medals and awards. Not all that interested, but heard several mentions of Bolt breaking a new record as fastest man on earth, nine something seconds. You don't normally associate Jamaicans with acceleration.

just out of curiosity, who do you associate with acceleration?

americans tend to be quite good at the 100m don't they?

Only when they're pumped full of drugs....leggit.gif

or if theres a family bucket of KFC at the end....

In all seriousness, I cant think of a country that would be considered the stereotypical "best accelerating" country. Only stereotypes from all the sports I can think of would be Kenya for the long distance running and any of several Eastern Europe women called Holga for the shot-put.

I wasnt having a go, im generally curious.