IGNORED

Liverpool Fc (home)

xavier

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very very scared. Its worse than the 90's when we where always shit and it was never such a huge shock or dissapointment to lose. But now exepctations have been risen. Success has increased stress levels so much.

I am more nervous about this derby than for many for a long time. We need to get something to kick or season off, other wise we could easliy not be compeitng for anything.

true blue all the way but this game is going to the shite.....you can see it can't you?

Howard has not been the best in goal, i'm happy enough to have him but he's made some glaring errors in these games and I think it's time to start looking for a real contender for 1st team goalie, I haven't seen much out of nash but i don't think he'd be the one. Jags and Yobo just aren't linking it up, we've conceeded so many it's unreal and I hope Stubbs can work some magic but Torres, Babel, Gerrard, Riera...these are guys that can tear our defence to shreds if we're not careful. Add to that Lescott's woeful defending at left back, and Neville on the right, and we need something special to keep the goals out.

Castillo I hope will come into his own and start pulling back giving the RS something to try and get around not pass through, and if Fellaini plays i want to see a drastic improvement because so far he's not settled and not showing his worth. If we play 4-5-1 i dont trust that Osman Cahill and Arteta can get it together, Arteta has just been sick Ossie will have a hard time splicing through the liverpoop defence and Cahill has looked nowhere near as sharp since he got back as he was last year. Last season he was a threat, and one who defiantly carved his name on teh score sheet, this season he's started off very slow and does not look match fit.

Saha and the Yak, well personally i'd like to see Saha up front alone and see what he can do, at least for the first half, maybe a work around in midfield in the second and bringing the yak on, but overall itll be a hard fought game and if we score first they will score 2nd and 3rd, that is academic.

I'd settle for an injury time 1-0 win, but i can't see it. COYB! pull it out the bag and show the red shite what youre made of

Pardon my cyncism but i dont think we'd come that close to a goal. "Feed the yak and he will score" well we need to feed him first, liverpool play straight down the middle football, and now that they have riera theyre starting to work theyre way wide. Hitting them down the center isnt an option, so id like to see arteta and osman run up the sides pull in and crack some shots away, or lay up cahill or castillo to have a crack at goal.

If we can connect to the yak and get him shooting opportunities fine, but i think wed be better to have 4 or 5 players firing in from all angles and creating chances than I would our usual style, stick the yak up front and direct traffic towards him hoping for magic. We have strength in our lads and both osman and arteta on their day are masters of a low driving shot from distance...usually diagonal across the box. Saha will link passes creating chances across the box. Granted he's not fit at the moment, but that's why i said half a game.

Put the yak on first and will try hard but not necessarily get the goal, i personally would like to see if saha can help link up play and have a few digs himself. If it doesnt work out give the yak 45 to try and get the win.

Can't see it being true. Its from NSNO using Kipper as a source. I highly doubt Moyes would throw Hibbo back in the frame in the Debry. If he plays we can kiss any points goodbye.

According to the member that posted it the lad on Kipper is usually spot on. They do have some people over there who generally do know the starting 11 most weeks.

I will not be happy one fucking jot if Hibbo plays. And its not really because of Hibbo (even though that is a factor) its becasue of Neville in midfield. Depressing. Very very depressing.

I'm with you there mate. Neville is a far better RB than Hibbo for a start and secondly he's god awful in midfield and has proven that many, many times. But Neville playing midfield was always on the agenda for Moyes I feel, why else would he have brought in Jacobsen? If he hadn't have gotten injured then we'd have seen Neville playing DM a lot sooner. Brilliant.

Cahill has looked nowhere near as sharp since he got back as he was last year. Last season he was a threat, and one who defiantly carved his name on teh score sheet, this season he's started off very slow and does not look match fit.

you are joking arent you? did you not notice he scored two goals already?

This would be the closest I've ever come to not watching the derby when it's live on TV over here (whcig it almost always is). It's also the first derby in about 5 years where I've not felt we're at least in with a chance.

How I'd love to be eating those words tomorrow.

Anyway, I think Lescott has to play, because as Moyes says, expect a physical game tomorrow, to which Baines and Valenete are ill-suited. But agree with the general sentiment, and if Lescott doesn't have a decent game tomorrow, bench him for Liege.

Besides, if he's dropped who's Carragher going to wrestle?

Edited by LeToffeeCanadien

Nice to see some objective Blue opinions but you're being a little generous. I'm as worried as anyone about the game. We've really played badly in the last few games and Stoke was a mare.

If we can get some good link up play on the wings we'll cause you problems but our attacking duo of Nando and Robbie isn't working well at the moment. :/

This would be the closest I've ever come to not watching the derby when it's live on TV over here (whcig it almost always is). It's also the first derby in about 5 years where I've not felt we're at least in with a chance.

How I'd love to be eating those words tomorrow.

Anyway, I think Lescott has to play, because as Moyes says, expect a physical game tomorrow, to which Baines and Valenete are ill-suited. But agree with the general sentiment, and if Lescott doesn't have a decent game tomorrow, bench him for Liege.

Besides, if he's dropped who's Carragher going to wrestle?

CT I could not agree more mate but like a moth to the flame I will be watching (sending wife and daughter to town and I've borrowed next doors cat, ours left home) I wondered if Moyes may consider 5 3 1 1, packing the defence and using Baines as a carrier, we can't go on the way we are, its just not working

Nice to see some objective Blue opinions but you're being a little generous. I'm as worried as anyone about the game. We've really played badly in the last few games and Stoke was a mare.

If we can get some good link up play on the wings we'll cause you problems but our attacking duo of Nando and Robbie isn't working well at the moment. :/

Its Barbel that scares me, with luck the Onion won't pick him