IGNORED

Liverpool Fc (home)

xavier

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMR is a prick, simple as that but I doubt if we will appeal the red card, we never a get a fucking thing from the FA.

This is fast becoming an all time low and relegation battle. In that second half we were devoid of ideas, lacked motivation and played like a Blue Square league outfit, it was a disgrace. I was thankful that Riley continually stopped the play as it prevented them from tearing us a part at times. Much as I can moan about Riley sending Timmy off he also disallowed a perfectly good goal for them, astonishing.

This is going to be one long hard season and I just hope that Moyes is not bereft of ideas because this is now a crisis.

I expect the EFC forums will be full of shite over the coming weeks with lirttle constructive coming out. IMO Moyes wants to sign a contract or move on and let some other person atke us on now, his attitude cannot be helping the atmosphere in the club one iota. I would think that by now his derby record must be one of the poorest ever. David Moyes you have had my support and will continue to do so but that will be withdrawn very quickly if you do not sort that bloody team out quickly as the brand of football we are playing is just not acceptable.

couldn't have said it any better Jimmy. You could see on the faces of the reds faces after the whistle that it was just an easy day at the office. They've been fortunate to come up against us and the mancs who have just not been arsed to play

S2F, I started that 'Is Moyes worth £3,4' thread as something of a wind up, after that lot today he isn't

OMR is a prick, simple as that but I doubt if we will appeal the red card, we never a get a fucking thing from the FA.

This is fast becoming an all time low and relegation battle. In that second half we were devoid of ideas, lacked motivation and played like a Blue Square league outfit, it was a disgrace. I was thankful that Riley continually stopped the play as it prevented them from tearing us a part at times. Much as I can moan about Riley sending Timmy off he also disallowed a perfectly good goal for them, astonishing.

This is going to be one long hard season and I just hope that Moyes is not bereft of ideas because this is now a crisis.

I expect the EFC forums will be full of shite over the coming weeks with lirttle constructive coming out. IMO Moyes wants to sign a contract or move on and let some other person atke us on now, his attitude cannot be helping the atmosphere in the club one iota. I would think that by now his derby record must be one of the poorest ever. David Moyes you have had my support and will continue to do so but that will be withdrawn very quickly if you do not sort that bloody team out quickly as the brand of football we are playing is just not acceptable.

Coulen't agree more, I do think that Moyes should either sign his contract or move on. Great first half from us but since the first goal we just didn't look interested. Cahill has some part to play in the sending off, he should have just gone straight to the referee and not prat about ignoring him.

gutted. only word i can say, as a whole we wernt good but individualy we wernt bad, doesnt really make sense but we played better than we have this season i thought.

End of the day we were beaten by a better team. their defence was really good.

I was thinking along the same lines. I think Everton played a consistent game today, and it was only 2 mistakes given to a quality striker like Torres that tiped the scale. Ofensively, however, everyone was pretty uninspired. I agree that Saha at half time might have shaken things up, and a diferent scoreline could have been possible. I think the 1st half was pretty solid, no serious chances to either side, but give Torres a break and he'll take it. That, to me, was the deciding factor, otherwise i think a draw would have happened.

Edited by Sporting4ever

Totally outplayed, I was quite impressed with Liverpool even in the first half. We just have no balance whatsoever, I think Moyes admitted as much in the Echo the other day. He tried to change the team around but it just isn't working. Cahill isn't quite supporting Yakubu as well as he was last season, but he did look fitter today, whilst no one is doing anything like the job Carsley did. Once again the first goal goes in and we just had a gaping hole in the middle of the area, with no one getting back to cover from midfield.

I'll give Fellaini time but at the moment he looks nothing like a £15m pound player, a £5m player maybe. He's ok on the ball, but his energy isn't amazing and he doesn't seem to get many tackles in or win that many headers. Been an inauspicious start so far. We used to be so effective in a 451 but I think we have to look at playing 442 until Pienaar is back. Moyes needs to find another system fast before our season is over in the first 3 months.

That being said, I thought Jags had a decent game and our defence looked fairly good in general, just receiving little protection from runners in midfield. No way will we be in a relegation battle, we're miles too good for that, but at the moment we're definitely not looking like top 6 material. We need another player in January, no doubt about it. Confidence also looks incredibly low, we need a lift from somewhere.

Where to fucking begin? To say we played well is laughable, we were shite, utter shite. They worked 100% harder than us when they didn't have the ball. We gave them the whole pitch in which to play because we closed no one down, they were passing it effortlessly because there wasn't any pressure put on them whatsoever. We don't tackle so how we ever expect to win the ball back is beyond me. There was no passion, no creativity, no nothing. WHAT'S WITH THE FUCKING HOOFING?!?! IT DOESN'T WORK!!! Our gameplay is so fucking slow it's unbelievable and very frustrating. We have no pace in our side at all and upfront we're missing AJ's workrate badly. I am livid with our players today because they put nothing into it at all. Liverpool were the better side and fully deserved the 3 points.

Howard - He didn't have anything to do except pick the ball out of the back of the net.

Hibbert - Not a clue why he's paid a penny by our club.

Yobo - Not his best game and often left Jagielka on his own with Torres to run at him.

Jagielka - I feel very sorry for him having to play in our defence atm because he's the only who looks really solid. My MOTM by a country mile today.

Lescott - Poor, again. His positional play is appauling and because of his ineptitude Jagielka kept getting dragged out to the touchline leaving a gaping hole in the middle of our defence.

Osman - Anonymous. The sooner we get Pienaar back so he can have his knee operation the better.

Neville - I thought he actually played ok in midfield today but the standing off the opposition really has to stop.

Fellaini - Showed some nice touches and a couple of decent forward runs and a couple of nice tackles but he just looks totally lazy. Needs to work harder.

Cahill - Looked sharper today and at least showed some passion by crunching a few of their players.

Arteta - Often goes missing in the big games and today was no different. Very disappointed with his performance.

Yakubu - Didn't really give anything today and really needs to stay on his feet more.

Saha - I thought he looked good today when he came on and I wish he'd started the game. Almost scored a very good goal for us out of nothing as well. If we can keep him fit we'll have a very good player on our hands.

David Moyes - Your performance today was terrible. He got the starting 11 all wrong IMO. He waited far too long to make changes just like the old days. I can only conclude that he tells our players to hoof the ball because we did it all day fucking long, and if he doesn't send them out with the order of hoofing why doesn't he tell them to fucking stop ffs? Sign the contract or piss off.

Was the Cahill red worthy of being a red? It didn't look like it was at the game but things looks different at the game.

Was the Cahill red worthy of being a red? It didn't look like it was at the game but things looks different at the game.

The only person in the ground who thought it was a red was the ref, even the Liverpool players didn't react at all.

Should be overturned if there's any justice (which there often isn't <_< ).

We setup to play for a 0-0. Negative tactics at home do my fucking nut in. only if we are playing arsenal should we resort to those tactics i agree with mark except i thought hibbert did ok.

Fellaini however doesn't have the fitness i could see him blowing up once he gets used to this pace it'll be ok.

Saha did look good. glad he took that shot on.

Petition to Kidnap and force Super Lee to play for us again?

The inconsistancies where woeful today, fuck the sky4

In slight defence of the Yak, he has next to nothing to feed off today because all we did was hoof the ball. Our style of football has gone backwards and it's costing us.

Another thing, why did we persist with those throw ins down the line? They clearly weren't working and their second goal came from OUR throw in and tbh it could have happened every single time. We may as well have just given them all of our throw ins.

Well couple of people stood out today for the wrong reasons, Cahill and Fellaini were shit.

A positive was Hibbert, my god we have missed him at right back....just a shame he is another hoof the ball up field player.

Saha looked ok but he seems to have no pace but a good shot on him.

Jags stood out a mile again.

Arteta should not take corners.

Osman was very quiet.

Yak did ok considering the lack of service.

Overall, poor display again.

Only saw the first.....maybe I was lucky!

Luckypool (didn't really need to be lucky today!) probably can't believe their luck today, facing an Everton team so low on confidence and looking like a clean sheet and a draw would be a great result.

And so we move on to the next game, then the next and so on, untill it just clicks.Could be Thursday or against Newcastle or even beyond that!!....

Would rather lose today and win Thursday, if given the choice.

Thought Yak looked like he needs to put more pressure on their defenders.....and keep on your friggin feet!....you can do more damage their than on your arse.

Still a lot to come from Fellaini.....and Cahill, and erm Lescott.....and well all of them actually :huh:

Balloon release today for young Ryh's.......would have been his 13'th birthday!!.......Football more important than life and death!!............Never!

Get over it Blues, Thursdays another day.

Very dissapointed, but we got what we deserved. Fair play to Liverpool, there movement both on and off the ball was brilliant. SOmtheing that we seriously lack, in fact apart from a few surging runs by Jags no one in the team moved at all today.

I thought Osman was fucking awful today, never got his head in the game and gave away alot of very silly balls. Arteta went missing, Yak had nothing to feed off but he kept going down way to easily which was pissing me off.

In the centre I thought that Fellaini and Neville did an ok job but it would be nice to see them commit to a few more challenges, and if Neville is going to start playing centre mid then for fuck sake learn how to close down players around you. QUICKLY.

Saha looked good when he came on, cracking shot from him as well. Probably the only highlight of the game from us.

The red card was stupid, i think he would have got a yellow but it was changed to a red because he didn;t turn around and kept walking away. Thats my opinion anyway.

Crap performances all round really, not commitment, no passion, nothing (Except from Jags who did himself proud. Good lad, he is fast becoming my favourite player now)

Very dissapointed, but we got what we deserved. Fair play to Liverpool, there movement both on and off the ball was brilliant. SOmtheing that we seriously lack, in fact apart from a few surging runs by Jags no one in the team moved at all today.

I thought Osman was fucking awful today, never got his head in the game and gave away alot of very silly balls. Arteta went missing, Yak had nothing to feed off but he kept going down way to easily which was pissing me off.

In the centre I thought that Fellaini and Neville did an ok job but it would be nice to see them commit to a few more challenges, and if Neville is going to start playing centre mid then for fuck sake learn how to close down players around you. QUICKLY.

Saha looked good when he came on, cracking shot from him as well. Probably the only highlight of the game from us.

The red card was stupid, i think he would have got a yellow but it was changed to a red because he didn;t turn around and kept walking away. Thats my opinion anyway.

Crap performances all round really, not commitment, no passion, nothing (Except from Jags who did himself proud. Good lad, he is fast becoming my favourite player now)

I think Fellaini was in a state of shock at being booked, he didn't want to risk any rash challenges. If you watch tonight you'll see Riley look at a Liverpool player who had just been tackled, the prick screamed book him or similar at Riley who in turn nodded and did just that.......................we have no choice but to take this on the chin as they played us off the park and that is what hurts most

Should that have been a penalty in the first half????

it may well have changed the whole game. Stupid by Skrtel, just think Riley didnt have the nuts to give it.

He dragged Feliaini all over the place right in front of the prick, that is why he is a prick

That said it would have constituted our only shot on target all day assuming it would have been otherwise we mustered only four off target and two blocked, Havant and Waterloo did better I ashamed to say

Edited by Jimmy the blue

We were poor all over the shop again today, apart from probably Jags and thought Neville was ok.

Think Fellaini is defo struggling with the pace of the Prem. No offence to any of the Belgian lads that come on here, but the difference between the 2 leagues is massive and he's clearly not been stretched as much as this there.

Cahill red card......... hmmmmmm. Another example of reds asking for a player to be carded, and getting exactly that. Nothing to do with not turning around to be booked.

Need Pienaar back and perhaps another creative influence in January. Arteta is our only creative outlet, and so gets man marked or doubled up which basically means he's not able to get in the game.

Thursday now takes on even more importance. COYB and Moyes... get your hand out of your arse, pick up the pen and scratch your initials on the contract!!!!

Cahill red card......... hmmmmmm. Another example of reds asking for a player to be carded, and getting exactly that. Nothing to do with not turning around to be booked.

:lol:

If anything, it was your player who was asking the ref to book Skrtel in the first half just because Felliaini was given one.

If anything, it was your player who was asking the ref to book Skrtel in the first half just because Felliaini was given one.

Yes, but I lost count of the number of times Gerrard & Carragher should have been booked but after another Liverpool man stuck his nose in it was quicklu changed to a 'light telling off'

IMO we can't just blame the referee for our faults, but it was a big factor that changed the games outcome.

Arteta did ask for the player to be booked.... correct! Well done!

I don't like to see it from anyone, but the fact is it is not the first time that in the derby that a liverpool player has asked for the card to be produced, and lo and behold 'yes you're right... he is a dirty twit... I will send him off as you reccomend'!!

Ultimately though I'm not blaming the ref for the result, just some piss poor decisions and unmitigated bias. We simply weren't good enough!

Edited by DonKey

Only saw the first.....maybe I was lucky!

Luckypool (didn't really need to be lucky today!) probably can't believe their luck today, facing an Everton team so low on confidence and looking like a clean sheet and a draw would be a great result.

And so we move on to the next game, then the next and so on, untill it just clicks.Could be Thursday or against Newcastle or even beyond that!!....

Would rather lose today and win Thursday, if given the choice.

Thought Yak looked like he needs to put more pressure on their defenders.....and keep on your friggin feet!....you can do more damage their than on your arse.

Still a lot to come from Fellaini.....and Cahill, and erm Lescott.....and well all of them actually :huh:

Balloon release today for young Ryh's.......would have been his 13'th birthday!!.......Football more important than life and death!!............Never!

Get over it Blues, Thursdays another day.

Blue250 - I think it was you who suggested last season that you would rather see the club build slowly with dignity than chase a fat American cheque book! I THINK IT IS TIME FOR THE CHEQUED BOOK OR EVERTON ARE FKD! Moyes average spend over the last five years is more than Wenger's. Is he really doing the great job that everybody suggests he is - I am not convinced and is Felleini worth £15m???

My Thoughts. I was at the game, and Iv since seen the game on Sky.

Howard - For the first time since he's been here, he is looking un-reliable. His organisational skills are leaving a lot to be desired this season.

Hibbert - Looking at Right backs from other clubs, he doesnt cut the mustard if we are to challenge for Europe. Very little pace, and he goes missing at the back.

Yobo - Looked ok. Did not really seem troubled, although postioning is off.

Jagielka - Crunching tackles and another solid display. But the defence as a unit seem to be unstable so he to looks unstable.

Lescott - Last season he scored goals. It seems he is a certainty for that. He has no pace, often looks awkward when on the ball near the area. In my opinion playing Baines week in week out would be a great choice.

Neville - Has long ball etched all the way through him. Broke play up well, but Castillo could do the job better.

Osman - Did he play?

Fellaini - He needs time, but not even time can make him worth 15 million.

Cahill - Did ok. His sending off was harsh but he was petulant, if he had walked to the ref maybe we would not miss him for 3 games.

Arteta - His set pieces at the minute are dreadful. Instead whipping them in with pace he is doing this slow slice thing, and sometime he does not even beat first man. His burst through the middle was amazing, and his tricks always entertain. he just needs help.

Yakubu - Shit. Some games he closes down the keeper. Some games he doesnt. Some days he stays on his feet. Some days he doesnt. Yes, he is the best striker we have had for ages, but he goes missing in the big games.

Subs.

Saha - Excites me. Hell of a piledriver towards the end. Cant help feeling he could have come on earlier.

Moyes - We have too many midfielders. We need to play 4-4-2 and pass rather than lump the ball up the pitch.

The way we are playng, I am expecting a mid table finish, and a decent run in the FA Cup, but not the UEFA.

Blue250 - I think it was you who suggested last season that you would rather see the club build slowly with dignity than chase a fat American cheque book! I THINK IT IS TIME FOR THE CHEQUED BOOK OR EVERTON ARE FKD! Moyes average spend over the last five years is more than Wenger's. Is he really doing the great job that everybody suggests he is - I am not convinced and is Felleini worth £15m???

Areyouavinalaugh!.....Correct, I did say a slow build with dignity would be nice, even better if it worked.Like you I'm not too sure Felleini was worth £15 million, but hey time will tell.I'm sure we need to give him time to get used to new team mates and styles of play.

Do I want that fat American with a big cheque?.....not sure!

What I do want is a team spirit like the one that took us to 4th, and even the one last season!

It's just not happening at the moment, certain players are struggling for form, too many players are struggling for form.We've lost an underated midfielder in Carsley and a forward who would chase a lost cause AJ.Felleini is new and the Yak is a luxery player, who is great when the team are doing well and/or when the service is 100%.Add that to a wobble from Lescott and Howard and there's a problem building.

Moyes said in the papers that the difference between the sides on Saturday was £100 million! sure he was right, but what did the Hull City team that beat Arsenal cost?

Money is nice, but team spirit, passion and commitment cost nothing and are priceless.

Mr Moyes a lot of people are looking very closely at you at the moment.....now is where you prove that your worth all that money your demanding....You signed the players, let others leave and pick the team, you decide when to bring on the subs and you should motivate the players.

Thursday would be a great time to get things going, but that's not going to be easy.More effort at least and a little bit of passion wouldn't hurt.

Newcastle is looking like a huge game............There is no Yank Moysey, good luck!

Should that have been a penalty in the first half????

it may well have changed the whole game. Stupid by Skrtel, just think Riley didnt have the nuts to give it.

Moaning about penalties not given in Derby matches is getting tedious - ffs the Yak wasn't actually trying to make it easy for the ref. With so much cheating going on refs are becoming more and more reluctant to give penalties!

Everton had no shots on goal in the whole game! That does not win football matches. In the Lescott-Carragher match Everton had one shot on goal.

Well couple of people stood out today for the wrong reasons, Cahill and Fellaini were shit.

A positive was Hibbert, my god we have missed him at right back....just a shame he is another hoof the ball up field player.

Saha looked ok but he seems to have no pace but a good shot on him.

Jags stood out a mile again.

Arteta should not take corners.

Osman was very quiet.

Yak did ok considering the lack of service.

Overall, poor display again.

Come on man i saw the match on tv in the first half Fellaini was your best man.

For the moment everton dont play good.

There is a big diffrence between belgian league and yours ( true )

But we will see that in 2 day's

Come on man i saw the match on tv in the first half Fellaini was your best man.

For the moment everton dont play good.

There is a big diffrence between belgian league and yours ( true )

But we will see that in 2 day's

was fellaini any good playin in belgium?