IGNORED

Sunderland (home)

toffee77

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.cox93/So...ficial%2529.zip Download and install sopcast go on here http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports click play next to yes sopcast. Copy and paste this into address bar on sopcast player sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/22508 click blue arrow let it buffer done! Edited by coxy051

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.cox93/So...ficial%2529.zip Download and install sopcast go on here http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports click play next to yes sopcast. Copy and paste this into address bar on sopcast player sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/22508 click blue arrow let it buffer done!

thanks mate, works great.

appart from his goals, average at best i would say! i dont understand how come all his crosses and free kicks keep hitting the first man?

Dan Gosling looks a very exciting prospect! his passing ablity is fantastic, watch out for the ball to feed peanuts in at the end!

Good game today in a potentially difficiult game! 7 points from the xmas period so far, cant complain! more importantly we are playing some great football again!

What a fantastic performance. We looked so confident going foreward and we kept the ball with ease. Fellaini became absent in the closing stages as usual but in the first half his height really helped us. He managed to knock a few good balls down for Arteta and Cahill and managed to not get a yellow! Arteta's free kick was something special and its good to see him back on form, he was by far the best player in the first half and even though his second goal took a wicked deflection it was so well struck. Sunderland looked worse than poor and never troubled Howard. It was good to see Gosling get his goal as he played well along with Jutkiewicz (even though he only got a short spell) Lukas' first pass to Leighton Baines was superb and he looks like he'll do well against Macclesfield (I hope he plays)

Like Neville's shot at goal from way out in the closing stages too, what looked like an optemistic effort on goal could have easily gone into the back of the net.

well because of traffic and ice..... i arrived 8minutes and 36 secounds late! so as i went through the turnstiles..... YEAAHHHHHHHHH! a moment earlier i had joked "are we 6-0 up yet?!"

Arteta Dominated the midfield both attacking and crucially defensively. :) good interview with him on the BBC report page.

who needs strikers when you have our midfield

Pienaar conumdrum he does the same things away from home but they come off at home all his "hollywood" backheels etc never happen! but at least he's there to try them.

if we had even 4 more points from home (victories vs boro and newcastle.) we would have 36 points and well placed for 4th!

If you said Arteta was average you must not have been watching the same game.

He was all over the park.

Pienaar was always providing support and creativity.

Neville was solid.

Fellaini was good in the 1st half then went quiet.

Ossie was quiet.

Jags and Lescott were solid.

Howard didn't have too much to do.

Hibbert was average.

Baines supported down the line well.

Cahill should have scored from the header.

Gosling showed a great bit of flare with his run into the box, well taken goal.

It's good Jukwevitz got his début and it's good that Anichebe is back.

For me, that was a perfect performance from our lads. It was the first time in a very long time that we've dominated a game from start to finish. Pundits may say that Sunderland were rubbish but we didn't let them play because of how well we kept the ball (!). I tell you what, I was supremely impressed with that today.

Howard - Fuck all to do.

Hibbert - His postioning scares the crap out of me tbh. I lost count of the times Jagielka ended up at RB chasing down a player because Hibbert had gone walkabout. He's not looking as bad as he has done in the past though, so that's something.

Jagielka - He's just Mr. Consistent isn't he? I simply love him, the way he goes about defending is something worth watching. He marshalled Jones out of the game today. Quality.

Lescott - I didn't notice him all that much. Not because he was shit or anything, but he went about his business quietly and effectively. I hope he keeps it up.

Baines - For me, he should be our first choice LB and Lescott and Yobo should fight for the second CB spot. He put in a few very good crosses today and his link up play with Pienaar down the left is just superb. Having Baines in our side means we can attack down both sides of the field and I hope he keeps his place.

Osman - Fairly anonymous tbh and he clearly wasn't fit.

Arteta - He was fucking magic. He ran the show and was the heartbeat of the side today. Absolutely faultless and my MOTM by a country mile.

Neville - A very, very solid performance in a position where he usually looks out of his depth. Broke up play effectively today and protected not only the defence but Spuddy as well.

Fellaini - Another solid performance from him. He's really growing (his hair is as well) with every passing game. He stopped quite a few Sunderland attacks before they'd even begun and always made himself available for the ball. I wish he'd got booked though. If he gets booked against Macclesfield or Hull he'll miss the derby :( .

Cahill - Lead the line perfectly today IMO. He's not a striker by any stretch of the imagination but he's doing an amazing job for us. He should have scored but his work rate for the side more than made up for that.

Gosling - I'm pleased the lad scored and while he was on, although not for long, he again showed that he can become a first team regular in the future. I hope he starts against Macclesfield.

Anichebe - He did win a few headers and held the ball up a couple of times, but after only a few minutes he looked lazy and lethargic :huh: .

Jutkiewicz - Wasn't on for long but he showed glimpses that he could at least be someone we can bring off the bench and do a job for us.

Arteta was brilliant again, moving him into the centre of midfield has totally transformed our team and now we actually have some protection for the defence and can play some football again, we have the right balance. My only worry is Pienaar, he's trying way too many flicks and backheels which far too often go to straight to the opposition, it's getting a little irritating and I don't think he's played particularly well for weeks. Anyway, another excellent win, let's just hope Hull beat Villa.

Great display lads!

Since that crazy Aston Villa game, where we out played them but Gave them 3 goals, you have to go way back to find a game where we conceded more than one goal, that run obviously includes Man United and Chelsea!

So that's the defence getting sorted, midfield!....well no shortage of players able to play in that department, and with our new tight defence, midfield is where we seem to be turnning the season around.

Moyes's challange now seems to be which forward/forwards to play in which formation (4-5-1 or 4-4-2), and if two forwards which ones.Okay at the moment that little problem is fairly easy ie other than untried youngsters he could only have ready Anichebe or/and Sahah, so not a huge choice.

Would an inform fit Yakubu have destroyed Sunderland?....Would we be playing as well as we are at the moment if Yakubu was in the team?....Who knows!

Just seems team spirit at the moment is pretty high, where did that come from? if we can keep that spirit and get the strikers working well in this improving team, then we are way better than Villa and all the other pretenders for our 5th place....really get the strike force right and Arsenal better watch out as well.....if old captain fantastic across the way picks up an injury, our midfield is probably on a par with theirs!........2009, happy new year all EVERTONIANS!

couldnt make the game yesterday so girlfriends little bro went with my dad but i managed to watch some of it and seen the highlights and from what i have seen arteta was fantastic! his free kicks caused problems all the time cahill should have scored from one defo and also pienaar if he does the tricks or not he seems to be beatin players and gettin the ball to the right men from what i have seen but i suppose highlights only show the best. still awesome result and nice to win at home to cap off the year! anyone else think malbranque was lucky to stay on? inconsistent of the ref again i feel! i know we won but still a little consistency wouldnt go a miss ya know! :lol:

A view from a sunderland supporter .......

Jesus Christ, 7 hours on a coach to watch that sh**, fuming at the minute

Fulop - 6 - Did well on crosses, not much else he could have done

Bardo - 5 - Crap today, get Chimbonda in NOW

Collins - 4 - Dreadful, couldn't pass it 5 yards today

Nosworthy - 6 - Decent, still panics and try to pi** around though

Richardson - 8 - Excellent considering he was playing LEFT BACK

Murphy - 1 - Please just leave SAFC, you can't cross, pass, beat a man or shoot

Whitehead - 3 - Pretty much the same as above, utter sh** today

Tainio - 7 - Did well IMO, shame his passing was off, don't know why he was took off

Malbranque - 4 - His worse game for us by far, was VERY lucky to not be sent off

Cissé - 3 - No effort

Jones - 4 - Clearly still injured or just wrecked, at least he put a bit of effort in (and his knee was bandaged up)

SUBS:

Edwards - 7 - Thought he was our best player today, beat a few men and had our only shot, well done Carlos

Healy - 2 - Why did Sbragia bring him on ? I can't even remember him touching the ball

Yorke - 5 - Did okay but didn't really need to come on

and another ..............

Since Everton lost their strikers they haven't lost a game and remember they are officially the 5th best club in England. Hopefully we can bounce back get through to the next round of the FA cup and move on from there.

Bloody great day and game...I just love it.

Got to the ground really early and spent a small fortune in the shop...Josh got a blue Keeper's shirt with Howard on the back and a coat, few bits for me also....got a few photos of the players arriving (some below) and a couple of signatures (Rodwell & Lescott) on the programme. TC arrived last and must have been late, signed a couple of autographs on the run but literally jogged into the ground....Davey doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke who puts up with bad timekeeping :P .

Went in as soon as the gates opened at 12.30 and were probably the last two out but it felt like the shortest three and a half hours of my life....flew by.

Arteta was genius, everyone pulled their weight though Ossie and Fellaini ran out of steam in the second half (the speed Fellaini walked off the pitch at half time he was lucky to get to the dressing room in time to come back out again :lol: ). Why didn't MOTD show Gosling's superb run, possibly his first touch, straight though the heart of the Sunderland defence until he was brought down just outside the box? Was looking forward to seeing that.

Had decent seats but wouldn't go in the lower Bullens again, could see the pitch well enough but the roof meant you lost the ball in the air and we couldn't see a big screen.....although the only time I felt left out was hearing the crowd's reaction to the Neville shot being replayed :P .

Josh kept his 100% win rate intact, must bring him more often :) .

Can't describe what a buzz it is for me to be there...I just f'king love it, specially when we play that well and you can relax and enjoy.

100_1704.jpg

100_1709.jpg

100_1710.jpg

100_1711.jpg

100_1716.jpg

Some great pics Mike (up close and personal) it always makes for a good day out, Have done it so often and so regimental over 50 years that it seems to lose something and become just another game, I'm usually racing up the road at 2.50pm and racing down the road again at 4.45 to catch the first bus away from the ground.

It loses some of the joy and excitement of the occasion when its done so regularly, thats why they say "what seldom happens is wonderful", Hope you and Josh enjoy many more GREAT DAYS OUT, and long may they continue. :D

Bit late with this, but it was really good to see us finally put in a performance at home this season! Almost the entire team put in a really good shift, Arteta in particualr was brilliant.

Howard- Had nothing to do really but did the few things perfectly.

Hibbert- Did well, position was off a little but wasn't as awful as I had thought.

Jags- Consistant. As always. Love him.

Lescott- Played very well, probably one of his best games as CB, but he harldy had any threat so its hard to judge. I thought that it was good to see him being very unselfish to set Gosling up as well.

Baines- Brilliant. Shows what an effect a real left back can do for us.

Osman- Only player to go missing on the day. But he had clearly been rushed back from injury so we'll let him off!

Arteta- Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant. I've been very critical of him this season (and for good reason) but he is thriving in the new role. More of the same please!

Neville- Very good as well, passing was a little short on occasions but was a great calming effect on the side. Perfect captains performance.

Pienaar- Got kickied all over the park, he was good but sometimes i wish he would try and play it simple rather than hope somthing comes off.

Fellaini- Again did very well, faded in second half again. He causes the opposition so much panic, i love it.

Cahill- Works tirelessly. I was really impressed, he obviously hasn't got the strngth to play CF but his workrate was fantastic, he has been brillaint through this drought of strikers.

SUBS

Gosling- Looked very lively. Took his goal well and actually took players on with the ball which was good to see.

Anichebe- Looked good when he came on but faded very quickly, not fit yet. I would leave him out of next game possibly as we can't risk him getting injured before he is fit again.

Jutiwich- Look good in glimpses. His ball accross the park to set Baines on a run was the pass on the game.

Moyes- I was impressed with him. Made some very good subs, gave youth a chance, good work.

Overall I was very pleased, but the opposition was really terrible. I think we helped to make them look bad with Neville and Arteta stopping them creating anything in the midfield, but they really where bad. The worst premier league oppositon we have faced in a very long time. Even Derby last year was better. I had expected alot more from Sunderland but not one one of there players look remotely up for it on the day. No passion, no commitment, no complaints from me though.

My dad and I haven't been to a game in years, I was thinking about going to a game in the new year as a birthday present, anyone know roughly the cost of getting from somewhere as far as cardiff and getting decent seats for a game?

Costs me about £60 in petrol, £8 parking, £30 for a ticket (£16 for Josh) and £3 for a programme if I do it straight up and back without visiting the shop, eating or staying the night.

Cardiff's about 35 miles closer than me so the petrol may be less depending on the car.

Hibbert- Did well, position was off a little but wasn't as awful as I had thought.

....and he also had the presence of mind to scream at Ossie to cover him when he got caught out of position :) .

I sit in the Upper Bullins and think that its a good place. Get a sight of the game from the side which IMO is better than behind the goals, a better view on the formation and how the game is going. If I had the option I would go in the Bullens End every time. It's much better than the Main Stand where my season ticket used to be because you can see whats happening on the bench and even though its only for a second you'll be able to see the players coming out of the tunnel quicker :P

If you want atmousphere try the Gwladys. But I think that's a heafty price. Just what I've heard.

I wouldent mind going in the Gwladys Mark but when I went to the JJB onetime in the home end behind the goal it was really weird watching. I'd much prefer to watch it from the side like on the television, I know Wigan have a shite ground but does that not happen to you? Or do you get used to it? Because it felt really strange watching the game long-ways.

And I'll say it again, if you want atmousphere - Gwladys Street.

Bluekipper:

Mikky says: "We were composed against Sunderland, we were good on the ball and we need that to continue.

Some people have said it's a miracle to be in the top six. We are missing four top strikers and have had a lot of injuries but we keep fighting and that's to everyone's credit.

Playing two games in three days is a big ask, so to score the first goal early on gave everyone a big lift - it's harder chasing the game as that's when you start to feel tired. But we saw it through, got another goal and finished the job, which was very pleasing. Personally, it was nice to score the goals.

I knew if I hit the target with first one, it would be difficult for the keeper as the sun was in his eyes. I was lucky with the second one but I will be claiming it, as it was on target." (30/12/08)

so I got lower bullens, if theyre shit dont say anything cause theyll have to do now its all booked theres fuck all i can do to change that :P

me and my mate were looking and he said if you want a full view of the pitch that seems like the best stand to be in so I hope its ok. I booked train tickets as well, this is for the hull game by the way, and total cost was 110 pounds.

Not bad all in all, now I hope for gods sake we kick the ever loving snot out of hull.

so I got lower bullens, if theyre shit dont say anything cause theyll have to do now its all booked theres fuck all i can do to change that :P

What row are you in Martyn?

We were in N and I could only just see the big screen if I ducked right down to the head height of the people in front. Could see the whole pitch fine so no complaints at all...strange when we first sat down...the roof felt like it was restricting the view a bit but forgot about it completely once the game got going.