IGNORED

Michael Johnson

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...Kaka-Terry.html

But there has been more bad news about the permanently injured midfielder Michael Johnson.

Despite medical scans showing no signs of serious problems, Johnson continues to experience pain in both hips and has been ruled out again for the forseeable future.

Despite this, Everton are set to sign Johnson but the Merseyside club insists Mikel Arteta will not be going the other way.

City want Arteta and Joleon Lescott but Everton boss David Moyes is adamant his squad should not be disrupted while they are challenging for Europe.

I really like Johnson and would love to see him here he has bags of potential. I think this one could happen if we could stump up the money as i dont think he will get many games at City if Hughes spends the kind of money he's expected to. As said if he could shake of his injury problems he could be a very big player in the next five years many earmarked him as Gerrards future replacement for England.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I've heard off a few city fans at work and also had a look around the net and it seems as though he is injury free, Supposedly he is injury free and has been having a few psychological problems due to being injured and losing his place to Ireland also the departure of Sven had a big impact on him so he's apparently always on the piss. Dont know how much truth if any is in it but maybe if it is Moyes might see him self as the man to sort him out?

Edited by EFC-Paul

If you go here you will see what the city fans think...............

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewt...p;sk=t&sd=a

Dont care if its a Buy or a Loan, either way i dont want to see him here.

Its a shame his career seems to be going that way. He looked a real prospect last year. Maybe he can turn it around, hope for the lads sake that rumours of depression are not true and that he can turn his life and his career around.

I have always liked him and had hoped that we would sign him last summer, but now it seems like a real risk. We already have one very injury prone player with an apparent drink problem, we don't need another. Its a real shame. Hope he can turn it around. Luckily he's still young and still has time. Someone just needs to kick some sense into him, maybe that man could be Moyes, maybe not.

I think he clearly needs a change to move on, whether we are the best choice remains to be seen.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Dont think he will only be brought in if we are selling, we dont really have a DM and Neville is playing there at the mo. Moyes see's Cahill as a striker so that leaves a gap in the middle of the park for Johnson. A change of scenary done Richard Dunne the world of good look at him now one of the best Centre Backs in the Prem, hopefully they can return the compliment.

Dont think he will only be brought in if we are selling, we dont really have a DM and Neville is playing there at the mo. Moyes see's Cahill as a striker so that leaves a gap in the middle of the park for Johnson. A change of scenary done Richard Dunne the world of good look at him now one of the best Centre Backs in the Prem, hopefully they can return the compliment.

Are you joking! He had a couple of good months under Sven but he has been UTTER SHITE this year. To call him one of the best CB's in the league is hugely misguided. I think he also scored the most own goals in 2008. Dunne is average at best. His stock raised slightly under Sven but he's looked like a little boy lost this year.

This kid was the next "big thing" last season with a few wonder goals, rave reviews etc. Sounds as though he's become a big time charlie and fallen off the rails.

Makes more sense for him to go to West Ham if City are after buying Parker, plus he'd be too big a gamble for us with no cash. We've already got a pile of players earnnig decent money that don't play, don't really want to add to it.

Shame, Arsenal, Liverpool and other 'big' clubs were all over him last season

i'd love him here, when we were linked in the summer i was genuinely excited.

i just thought he was injured though, had no idea of the problems off the pitch. its classic of a young player with the world at his feet, all hes ever told is he will be a big star then cant play due to the injuries but has too much money and time on his hands and can end up in some dark dark places.

if he can get past it he has the potential, remember last year he was the one that stood out a mile, even more than steven ireland. vaughan has had a simialr (less time on the pitch) career so far, just seems hes been supported in the right way.

Can someone explain why in the world City want Scotty Parker? I can understand that he's a Hughes type player, but really, he's kind of shite, no? I can see him being there 6 months, then Hughes goes and the new manager ships Parker out to Blackburn, tada.

Ok so that was off topic, but how can WH support Johnson's wages any better than us? If he had a choice I have to think he'd rather come back here to a club that plays decent football and where he'd be appreciated.

johnson is a quality player and moyes should not give up on trying to sign him.

if he has drink and/or stress problems i feel for him as he is so young and it

would be a waste of great talent but the guy has supposedly taken up yoga

to help cure the 'hip injury' . I HOPE IT WORKS AND WE SIGN HIM !!!

should get him for next to nothing really as man city are brewsted and dont need

much money. :D

johnson is a quality player and moyes should not give up on trying to sign him.

should get him for next to nothing really as man city are brewsted and dont need

much money. :D

Johnson does seem like a good player and the move to us could give his confidence a lift. Manchester City will be going out to buy the Premiership in the coming years so they wont be wanting a large sum for him. He's not going to keep challenging the stars that are going to come to City - so why should he stay? I think he would be a good signing and I think that this rumour could become very much a reality.

Johnson does seem like a good player and the move to us could give his confidence a lift. Manchester City will be going out to buy the Premiership in the coming years so they wont be wanting a large sum for him. He's not going to keep challenging the stars that are going to come to City - so why should he stay? I think he would be a good signing and I think that this rumour could become very much a reality.

Just because there loaded doesnt mean that they will want to start giving away there players

So Moyes is going to be sucked in by Johnson, as bait!

The lads got physical problems, and apparently non physical problems.WHY that's a bit like Moyes using VDM as bait for a new signing.....bloody briliant, if it works in your favour!

OH well, it is in the Daily Star, so it must be true.......mind you some of those Babes look nice on that web site :)

• 2 weeks later...

How could anyone want to go to newcastle? Only boro right now probably have a worse team spirit. That team is a joke, no way Johnson will go there, Wigan would be much much more likely what with Palacios leaving and Bruce a quality manager. Of course I think we should take him, especially if they're letting him go...? They must think he has real problems but if there's no fee and I'm sure low wages who wouldn't take him on until at least the summer?

• 2 years later...

Promotion for Leicester this season, 9 players signed up for a combined total of 23 million, who in the championship will spend as much as that, and with Sven at the helm they have to be a good bet.

Leicester, West Ham and Ipswich for me, Cardiff to come close again!!!