IGNORED

Jozy Altidore

Madrid-based daily, Marca reported that Villarreal president, Fernando Roig has rejected the Toffee’s offer to sign the 19-year-old Altidore on loan until the end of the season.

At least we know that there was some truth in the offer, and if Moyes wants him enough then he'll get him. If he's offered once and been knocked he may try again. Just when we are asking for a loan we cant really do much else to make Villareal budge. We don't want to spend money, and thats the hard part about it all.

Everton will now turn their attention to either Lokomotiv Moscow’s Peter Odemwingie or Zeni St. Petersburg’s Pavel Pogrebnyak.

Guess there is some truth in that then too. I woulden't mind signing either of them. Odenwingie or Pogrebnyak. They both look like good players who would do well in the team and it would be cool to see thier surnames across the back of the shirt :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

He is definitely worth more than 2 million. I think a few England fans are going to be surprised when they see him on June 12th. I really don't think you can take anyone's failure at Hull city last year as an indication of talent or potential. I'd have Altidore over Beckford any day of the week.

Louis, what do you do to get these names and info!? Always coming out with stuff! :)

On subject, i'd take him for £2m, not long ago Altidore was meant to be one of the most exciting young players in the world! His time at Hull wasn't helped by the lack of starts and the utter shit around him! ;)

Louis, what do you do to get these names and info!? Always coming out with stuff! :)

On subject, i'd take him for £2m, not long ago Altidore was meant to be one of the most exciting young players in the world! His time at Hull wasn't helped by the lack of starts and the utter shit around him! ;)

Maybe so but what about his time at Villarreal?

Dont get me wrong he is well worth £2M if you have got plenty of spare cash lying around but we havent. I just dont think he would bring anything to the squad that we havent already got and we would be better off spending the money elsewhere

Maybe so but what about his time at Villarreal?

Dont get me wrong he is well worth £2M if you have got plenty of spare cash lying around but we havent. I just dont think he would bring anything to the squad that we havent already got and we would be better off spending the money elsewhere

Christ, that's twice this morning I've agreed with you entirely :unsure:. I need to go and lie down ;).

While I do actually think he is a prettty decent player, he is basically and Yankee version of Big Vic so I dont really see the point. Plus I think it will be a kick in the teeth for the younger strikers (Vic and JV) if we bring him in. IMO we dont need a striker...

• 4 weeks later...