IGNORED

The Transfer Window Thread

Pretty impressive. Jumped the gun on a couple of transfer such as the Mbia one, but fair play. A few I did not know about Saviolla to Benfica for only £5m. Not bad. And Lucho Gonzalo gone to Marseille.

So potentially Marseille have the most defensive minded midfield ever!?!? Inc. Cana, Gonzalo and soon to be M'bia....ideal time for us to grab Cana :P

I cant believe they are no in talks with Adebayour as well. Do they really need him? It would mean that the forwards they have available would be:-

Adebayour - Main striker

Tevez - Would play RW/LW

Robinho - Would play LW/RW

Santa Cruz - Play CF

Bellamy - Retire through Injury

Benjani - Will go somewhere, low prem teams, be good at sumwhere likeStoke

Caceido - Will go to South America again

Evans - will be going, Hull or similar?

A few would go, it is stupid tho, its like they're buying teams' forward so they cant score against their own wank defence...

Find this really hard to believe...

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson claimed he had texted Tevez and attempted to speak to the Argentine about staying at Old Trafford but had received no response.

"I was there for two years and Sir Alex never called or sent any text messages in that time," countered Tevez, who also denied any deal with City had been agreed in January 2009.

"The only time he talked to me was after a match against Roma to discuss a situation about going to play for Argentina.

"It doesn't seem that this is the way to treat a player in two years at the club. It doesn't seem there is a line of communication."

Is he really saying that the only time Ferguson talked to him personally was that one occasion? That's ridiculous surely.

I cant believe they are no in talks with Adebayour as well. Do they really need him? It would mean that the forwards they have available would be:-

Adebayour

Tevez

Robinho

Santa Cruz

Bellamy

Benjani

Caceido

Evans

Although I would never suggest any club would just buy someone just for the sake of it......... (HARRY FUCKING REDKNAPP YOU TWAT) I do think there is an advantage from buying players you want from your rivals..... ie United/Tevez Chelsea/Terry Arsenal/Adebayour Vill/Barry Everton/Lescott

I think it goes on more than people think......

Although I would never suggest any club would just buy someone just for the sake of it......... (HARRY FUCKING REDKNAPP YOU TWAT) I do think there is an advantage from buying players you want from your rivals..... ie United/Tevez Chelsea/Terry Arsenal/Adebayour Vill/Barry Everton/Lescott

I think it goes on more than people think......

Hmmm well spotted mouse.

I think that's lazy journalism. Just becasue they sign Downing everyone predicts they will sell young. I imagine they will move him further up front or in the middle, but that's plain stupid becasue he works so well on the wing. I still think its a stupid signing but cant see them selling Young now. Villa fans would be after MON's blood if he sold Barry and Young in this transfer window. He's not that stupid (saying that tough he is paying £12m for Downing, so maybe he's a little stupid!.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't help but ponder about the Zlatan - Eto'o swap deal. I really still fail to see how Zlatan is worth 48 Million Euros + Eto'o (who I'd value at at least 30 Million) + Hleb on loan. The only real main argument I've heard in favour of this deal was that Eto'o only had a year left on his contract so it was better he leaves now than for free. Even still, I reckon this will cost Barcelona in the long run, I rate Eto'o higher than Ibrahimovic.