IGNORED

The Transfer Window Thread

I dont think this thread has been made. I think the closest thread to it was the the one that has been put sticky. And that's for transfer rumours. It would be good to have a thread which just tells (and discusses) the done deals from the footballing world.

So far Everton haven't made any done deals, but other teams have been busy at work. The done deals from the Premiership as of 2nd February 2009 are;

Aston Villa

Emile Heskey

Blackburn Rovers

Mark Davies

Nick Blackman

Gael Givet

Diouf

Bolton Wanderers

Sebastian Puygrenier

Ariza Mukukula

Chelsea

Ricardo Quaresma

Everton

Seamus Coleman

Jo

Fulham

Giles Barnes

Oliver Dacourt

Hull City

Jimmy Bullard

Kevin Kilbane

Manucho

Zayette

Manchester City

Wayne Bridge

Craig Bellemy

Nigel De Jong

Shay Given

Manchester United

Ritchie De Laet

Adem Ljajic

Zoran Tosic

Middlesbrough

Marlon King

Newcastle United

Peter Lovenkrands

Kevin Nolan

Ryan Taylor

Portsmouth

Nadir Belhadj

Jermaine Pennant

Pele

Hayden Mullins

Theofanis Gekas

Stoke City

Mattew Etherington

James Beattie

Henri Camera

Sunderland

Tel Ben Haim

Callum Davenport

Spurs

Jermain Defoe

Wilson Palacios

Pascal Chimbonda

Carlo Cudicini

Robbie Keane

West Ham

Radoslav Kovac

Savio Nsereko

Youssouf Mulumbu

WBA

Marc-Antoine Fortune

Jay Simpson

Juan Carlos Menseguez

Wigan Athletic

Mido

Hugo Rodellega

Ben Watson

Charles N'Zogbia

I was also shocked to hear that Porstmouth have sold Lassandra Diarra to Real Madrid. The guy didn't get played at Arsenal or Chelsea and he wasn't much of a star at Pompy, but it seems that the Spanish giants have seen something in him. I wish him good luck but I don't understand why Real have gone for him.. :mellow:

Edited by dark

I dont think this thread has been made. I think the closest thread to it was the the one that has been put sticky. And that's for transfer rumours. It would be good to have a thread which just tells (and discusses) the done deals from the footballing world.

So far Everton haven't made any done deals, but other teams have been busy at work. The done deals from the Premiership as of 10/1/09 10:04 are;

Bolton Wanderers

Sebastian Puygrenier

Manchester City

Wayne Bridge

Manchester United

Ritchie De Laet

Adem Ljajic

Zoran Tosic

Portsmouth

Nadir Belhadj

Stoke City

Mattew Etherington

Spurs

Jermain Defoe

I was also shocked to hear that Porstmouth have sold Lassandra Diarra to Real Madrid. The guy didn't get played at Arsenal or Chelsea and he wasn't much of a star at Pompy, but it seems that the Spanish giants have seen something in him. I wish him good luck but I don't understand why Real have gone for him.. :mellow:

He is class, that's why they signed him. You must have missed something because he has been excellent at Pompey and widley regarded last season as one of the best holding midfielders in the league.

He is class, that's why they signed him. You must have missed something because he has been excellent at Pompey and widley regarded last season as one of the best holding midfielders in the league.

Hmm..I was judging from his bad times at Arsenal and Chelsea that he wasn't much of a star. And I didn't hear him week in week out as a star for Portsmouth. He must have some talent to be joining a club like Real Madrid, and with the Spanish league being a lot slower he could play a lot better there. The Premiership is the league to have played in I guess.

Are they still looking to sign Jermaine Pennant? :mellow:

Hmm..I was judging from his bad times at Arsenal and Chelsea that he wasn't much of a star. And I didn't hear him week in week out as a star for Portsmouth. He must have some talent to be joining a club like Real Madrid, and with the Spanish league being a lot slower he could play a lot better there. The Premiership is the league to have played in I guess.

Are they still looking to sign Jermaine Pennant? :mellow:

He wasn't a headline grabber because of the style of player that he is, but he is more than good enough to play for Real Madrid. The only reason he didn't play at Chelsea and Arsenal was his age and the players he was up against. He was impatient and wanted to move on from both clubs. Had he stayed at Arsenal he would be be playing week in week out by now and would be one of there star players, in fact they would kill for a player of Diarra's quality in midifield right now.

Have to agree that Lassana Diarra was probebly one of the most consitant midfielders in the league last season. He will do well at Madrid and could walk into most teams one player who if we had the cash i would have loved to have seen here. He has been compared to Makelele and is very much on track to be as good a player as his countryman if not better.

diarra was one of the reasons portsmouth thrashed us 3 - 0 at home i think

he usually runs the middle of the park and his agility and speed makes it

hard to tackle to him . i think he was worth the price real madrid payed for him.

anyone noticed lately that real madrid have been linked with a lot of premierleague

players????

Have to agree that Lassana Diarra was probebly one of the most consitant midfielders in the league last season. He will do well at Madrid and could walk into most teams one player who if we had the cash i would have loved to have seen here. He has been compared to Makelele and is very much on track to be as good a player as his countryman if not better.

Yes, he's definitely quality, but if people had a problem with Fernandes' loyalty then there's no way we'd want to be anywhere near Diarra. He'll do well at Madrid, and that's where he belongs, a big money club already doing well. I just can't see him ever becoming a real team player the likes of which we take for granted.

Yes, he's definitely quality, but if people had a problem with Fernandes' loyalty then there's no way we'd want to be anywhere near Diarra. He'll do well at Madrid, and that's where he belongs, a big money club already doing well. I just can't see him ever becoming a real team player the likes of which we take for granted.

How can you question his loyalty? He left Chelsea due to not getting in the starting line up so he went to Arsenal expecting first team action which was not the case, He played 20 first team games for both clubs in 3 years i'd want to jump ship and go elsewhere if i was in the same boat.

Portsmouth is a different story he's a player with no disrespect to Portsmouth that was to good for them at this moment in time and they would have struggled to keep hold of him and its Real Madrid i think any player from a team that could be in a potential relegation battle would do the same if Madrid came knocking.

Edited by EFC-Paul

How can you question his loyalty? He left Chelsea due to not getting in the starting line up so he went to Arsenal expecting first team action which was not the case, He played 20 first team games for both clubs in 3 years i'd want to jump ship and go elsewhere if i was in the same boat.

Portsmouth is a different story he's a player with no disrespect to Portsmouth that was to good for them at this moment in time and they would have struggled to keep hold of him and its Real Madrid i think any player from a team that could be in a potential relegation battle would do the same if Madrid came knocking.

Actually I seem to remember that as soon as he signed for Portsmouth he was already mouthing off about being a stepping stone to a bigger club or something. He looks to have some ability but Arsenal preferred Flamini over him and ditched him after 6 months so I'll wait and see as to whether he is good enough for Madrid.

Actually I seem to remember that as soon as he signed for Portsmouth he was already mouthing off about being a stepping stone to a bigger club or something. He looks to have some ability but Arsenal preferred Flamini over him and ditched him after 6 months so I'll wait and see as to whether he is good enough for Madrid.

Ah never heard that mate if so then yeah i suppose the point stands.

correct carl, in his signing press conference he was saying about moving on if a bigger club wants him i remember. so no loyalty shown by him, but at least hes honest. no badge kissing and transfer requests like some players in this league of ours.

id still love to have him in our side, can dream at least.

Stoke have bolstered their striking options with the signing of James Beattie from Sheffield United for a fee that could rise to £3.5million. The 30-year-old, who has previously played in the top flight with Blackburn, Southampton and Everton, has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal at the Britannia Stadium.

James Beattie's back in the Premiership. I always like him at Everton, but he just didn't score enough goals. Coulden't fault his work rate - I think that he will be similar at Stoke myself. Start off scoring week in and week out for about a month and then slowly slow up and become what he was at Everton.

It also seems that Kaka is on his way to Manchester City. Well over £100 million in transfers and £500k a week.

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes has confirmed Robinho left their Tenerife training camp without permission. Hughes is expecting the Brazilian back in Manchester at the weekend, when they will have talks to determine whether punishment would be appropriate.

Who thinks he might be going this January? There's already people whispering about him going. :mellow:

Tottenham have signed Carlo Cudicini on a free transfer from London rivals Chelsea. The Italian has set his sights on pushing Heurelho Gomes for the number one jersey at White Hart Lane. Cudicini has arrived as back-up to Gomes and also to add competition for the Brazilian stopper.

Good signing that. Gomes needs some competition, looks absolutely shite at the moment.

On 26 January 2009, it was confirmed that Cudicini signed for Tottenham Hotspur on a free transfer.[3], Tottenham Hotspur FC, 26 January 2009. He made his debut for Spurs on 27 January 2009 in the Premier League fixture against Stoke City, the match ended in a 3-1 win. He was allowed to move on a free due to his services given to Chelsea.

Edited by dark

Everton boss David Moyes is finally breaking his transfer window duck - by signing Republic of Ireland Under-21 rightback Seamus Coleman in a £150,000 deal. After weeks of haggling, Moyes eventually beat Celtic, Birmingham and Ipswich in the chase for the 20-year-old Sligo Rovers defender.

Coleman is a right-back and has represented the Republic of Ireland both at under 21 and under 23 level, making his international debut for the under 21s in a friendly against Sweden in 2008. He began as a central midfielder before switching to full-back. Coleman signed for Sligo Rovers in 2006 having begun his career at hometown side Killybegs. The Donegal-born full-back signed for the Blues at the end of the January transfer window in 2009, having had reported interest from Celtic, Birmingham City, and Ipswich Town. Coleman will be working under the supervision of Andy Holden and Alan Stubbs in the Blues' reserve team squad.

Edited by dark

Jo signed :) The Manchester City striker has moved to Everton until the end of the season, bolstering manager David Moyes' striking options. Officials from the two clubs met in the centre of Manchester on Saturday night to discuss the details of the move, Everton's first during the January transfer window. Jo agreed personal terms with Everton today and arrived at Goodison Park earlier to complete the loan move ahead of the 5pm transfer deadline.

Jo is ineligible for Everton's FA Cup clash with Liverpool but could make his début on Saturday when Bolton visit Goodison Park.
Edited by dark

• 3 months later...

SUMMER 09'

Digging this back up as we come close to the summer transfer market. Remember this is for all teams, at the moment we know that Shkodran Mustafi has signed on a three-year deal. From Hamburg.

Arsenal

Thomas Vermaelen

Birmingham City

Christian Benitez

Scott Dann

Giovanny Espinoza

Joe Hart

Roger Johnson

Blackburn Rovers

Nikos Giannakopoulos

Gael Givet

Lars Jacobsen

Elrio

Everton

Shkodran Mustafi

Anton Peterlin

Fulham

Stephen Kelly

Hull City

Steven Mouyokolo

Liverpool

Glen Johnson

Aaron King

Manchester City

Gareth Barry

Roque Santa Cruz

Nils Zender

Stuart Taylor

West Ham

Peter Kurucz

Luis Jiminez

Wigan Athletic

Jordi Gomez

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Marcus Hahnemann

Nenad Milijas

Edited by dark

Guest efctaxi
Digging this back up as we come close to the summer transfer market. Remember this is for all teams, at the moment we know that Shkodran Mustafi has signed on a three-year deal. From Hamburg.

Everton

Shkodran Mustafi

Another kid though :mellow:

Our long term future looks good , but what about short term ?