IGNORED

Jenas

Initially I was going to type not for me although I think he's a good player but £3.5m - quality. In this market you'd pay £8m for lesser talents.

My bro would like this one, he was dating an air stewardess years back when jenas was at forest, and she fooked him off for jenas!

In terms of price this would be a good signing

In terms of quality this would be a good signing

In terms of strengthening the squad this would be a good signing

So why am I still unsure? Definitely a class act, but for me has never consistently proven his ability over the course of a full season or more. Always seems to have little injuries.

Saying that £3.5m for an England international, even a fringe player, who is still young with arguably his best years ahead of his represents good business.

We still need a recognised striker but maybe we're converting Tim Cahill into the role. It's no coincidence that since reverting to 4-5-1 we've played lots better, conceded far fewer goals, started winning games and the overall morale seems to have improved. Glad to see we've gone back to what works, I just hope we retain this formation when we have a striker (or 2) fit again.

Guest efctaxi

He is rated highly , but I've never seen anything to back it up that I don't see from many other players .

For that price though , he would be a good buy . Had a long injury spell though .

Would happily have taken a chance on this lad but certainly not in a swap deal for one of our starting XI and definitely not in exchange for Baines.

Just when he has broken into the team, playing well and showing what an asset he could be for many years to come.

Hopefully this is just paper nonsense and the club have no interest in letting go of anyone, particularly Baines. :angry:

I think that if they want a swap with one of our midfielders we should (with much regret) let them have VDM....although it would obviously break Bill's heart to see him go :crying_anim: :whistle: .

haha

we should go for jenas but deffinitly not for one of our starting eleven

he is mostly injured but when he is fully fit he can be a top player

• 2 months later...

It's started up again according to TEAMtalk.

Everton boss David Moyes is ready to join the chase for Jermaine Jenas, while Stoke are set to make a new bid for Blackburn's Aaron Mokoena.

Everton boss David Moyes is ready to join the chase for Jermaine Jenas.

Opinions? Might be a good signing if the fee is right.

All depends on the price, less than £4m, then yes. More than that, no thanks. He'd be a squad player who'd be great to have because he's a young international with potential who's adaptable in the middle of the park.

We'll be in Europe next year, and if we stay in teh F.A. Cup, Carling and League, it'd be great to have a good quality player to bolster our squad.

But he won't make our starting 11 so he can't come here on the pretext he'd be taking anyone's place in the squad. He'd be another Osman basically....but then Ossie is barely ever injured <_<

Wouldn't mind him here but as Regulator pointed out would more or less be just another squad player, wouldn't be here to take anybodies place immeadiately.

He's a good player yes but like most people have been saying he simply isn't needed. We need all the numbers and this could be what Moyes is thinking. With Van der Meyde leaving at the end of the season this could be his replacement. I woulden't mind to see him at Everton if the price was right. He could fill in when we had injuries and come on towards the end of our matches.

He could bring a lot to the team and I don't think that Spurs would make BK pile in a high offer.

Jenas is not going to leave a regular starting spot at Spurs to sit on our bench. If Moyes is signing him as a squad player then he'll tell him that and it'll put a halt to the move straight away. He's not good enough anyway.

Sums it up for me.

Jenas is a decent player, not great, but he is a good age with good experience and is in and around the international squad.

For £3mill-£4mill I would definately sign him but quite a few teams in and around us would be interested which would hike the price (possibly double it) and also they would be offering him a lot more money in wages than we would, remember he is on a reported £40k a week at tottenham!!! :o

Personally I would save those kinda wages and put them into a bigger transfer fee and try and get someone like moutinho,van der vaart - who in my opinion are a lot better players anyway!!!

Can't stand him. A second rate player in my eyes. Would probably be on a decent wage as well. He's a poor man's Carrick... and I don't like him either

Jamie you've got it in one mate, he is overrated by a big margin. The press will show all he does right but for get about the times he goes missing, which in many games is far to frequent and for far to long. He is second rate at best

• 2 months later...