IGNORED

Bent And Bentley

Guest efctaxi

If we did get that kind of money for Lescott , then I'm fairly sure Moyes would get about 6 players in , and probably ones we wouldn't expect .

I like both of these players , but I'd rather think it isn't going to happen .

If we did get that kind of money for Lescott , then I'm fairly sure Moyes would get about 6 players in , and probably ones we wouldn't expect .

I like both of these players , but I'd rather think it isn't going to happen .

But if we got that sort of money for Lescott there's no way Moyes would get the full £25million to spend anyway.

Guest efctaxi
But if we got that sort of money for Lescott there's no way Moyes would get the full £25million to spend anyway.

I was thinking the same .

I imagine we would need to bank some of it . It also wouldn't surprise me if City paid more than that . Heck , it wouldn't surprise me if they bought Everton and turned it into an ice skating rink . :lol:

I was thinking the same .

I imagine we would need to bank some of it . It also wouldn't surprise me if City paid more than that . Heck , it wouldn't surprise me if they bought Everton and turned it into an ice skating rink . :lol:

hahahaha

i think it would be great having bent and bently despite sounding like the most bisexual team in the league

only joking but with darren bents pace and finishing , and bentlys excellent crossing which would be landing on lescott, cahills and the big

fellas head we would look much stronger

be very suprised if we could get bently on loan after tottenham jus payed something like 10 mil for him last year

this deal would be worth it if it happened but doubt it will

hahahaha

i think it would be great having bent and bently despite sounding like the most bisexual team in the league

only joking but with darren bents pace and finishing , and bentlys excellent crossing which would be landing on lescott, cahills and the big

fellas head we would look much stronger

be very suprised if we could get bently on loan after tottenham jus payed something like 10 mil for him last year

this deal would be worth it if it happened but doubt it will

try more in the region of £15 - £17million, hence why i think its bull

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I would have Bentley if the price was right im not a massive fan of his attitude but he is a good player and he would do well here under Moyes. He's a poor mans Beckham of old and although he lacks pace he can whip a quality ball in and still has alot to prove, Yes from me.

Edited by EFC-Paul

For under £10m he would most definitely improve our right flank. Would need a bit of Moyes attitude changing magic, but Bentley's crossing ability is undoubted, and with Baines/Pienaar providing a lot of energy down the left it would be good to be able to send it to the right to get good cross.

have bentley in a flash, would really excite me.

I agree with you totally on this 1 for once StevO, (though I still you were totally and utterly wrong regarding Jacobsen, we should do our utmost to keep this lad), Bentley went to Spurs under a big price tag and hes crumbled, he was a fab player at Bburn, we need a right sided midfielder, lets get him

would like both of these to be honest but don't think we could afford.i would say our budget for the summer would be about 15 million so only one of these would be an option.i would have

-bentley (maybe around 8 million if we are lucky)

-ledley (wouldn't pay more than 5 million though)

-gibson/sean davis (as extra midfield cover both would be available on a free)

-then lets just hope moyes can pull off a couple more freebies or loan signings to boost the numbers as i think we need cover at the back and up front aswell

I rate Bent but did you see his miss today :o .

Redknapp was so angry I reckon if Davey'd got straight on the phone to him we could have bought him for £3.50 and a packet of wine gums :lol: .

Id give anything for a decent pack of wine gums :lol:

But i rate both of these players, they would be great signings. Get big mo and cahill on the end one of bentleys crosses and were in

I agree with you totally on this 1 for once StevO, (though I still you were totally and utterly wrong regarding Jacobsen, we should do our utmost to keep this lad), Bentley went to Spurs under a big price tag and hes crumbled, he was a fab player at Bburn, we need a right sided midfielder, lets get him

not sure how to take that :huh: still dont think jacobsen is as good as hibbo or neville.

id rather a lefty, but id be very happy with him.

It's bizare what has happened to him this season. He was quality at Blackburn, one of the best crossers of the ball in the league and easily the best English option on the right wing. He might not have the pace of Lennon or SWP but at least he could put a decent ball into the box. But this season.. he's a shadow of his former self. I think that the hype got to him and he thought he could stop trying. Plus I think that he's been seduced by the bright lights of London. I think he'll have a good season next year, with it being a World Cup year, if he moves away from Spurs and starts getting games under his belt again.

It's bizare what has happened to him this season. He was quality at Blackburn, one of the best crossers of the ball in the league and easily the best English option on the right wing. He might not have the pace of Lennon or SWP but at least he could put a decent ball into the box. But this season.. he's a shadow of his former self. I think that the hype got to him and he thought he could stop trying. Plus I think that he's been seduced by the bright lights of London. I think he'll have a good season next year, with it being a World Cup year, if he moves away from Spurs and starts getting games under his belt again.

Exactly the sort of player Moyesy likes ;) get him back to hard working 'blackburn-esque' n he'll be back to his best.