IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion (home)

The Regulator

Well we may have a plight of injuries but the baggies away form is absolutely horrendous and I don't see them improving much at all...we should coast this one

--------------Howard--------------

Hibbert---Jags---Lescott---Baines

----------------Rodwell-------------

Neville---------Fellaini-----Gosling

--------------Cahill-----------------

------------------------Jo-----------

Bench: Nash, Jacobsen, Yobo, Van Der Meyde, Castillo, Saha, Wallace

2-1

I can see us conceeding to a Fortune goal, he seems to bang them out from scrappy situations, but we should easily put 2 or more past them at set pieces...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson has saved more shots than any other goalkeeper so we will have to be ready for some hard work against him. Their outfielders pose no real threat and I can't see any of them getting past the likes of Jagielka and Lescott. Even if they do Howard should provide some security. They have Jay Simpson returning who could cause minor problems but with his in-experiance he can't run a one man show. It's going to be a good game on the 28th which will get us back to winning ways. Roll on Saturday! :) I've got a weird feeling that Jagielka could score, I know he's a defender and all but the last two games he has come close from corners - maybe we could see him on the scoresheet.

Everton 3 West Brom 0

Gosling, Cahill, Jo

What the Baggies think:

Powelly

2-0 albion

tommi

2-1 Albion, dont ask me how or why, just 2-1 Albion.

Greg

Am still down hearted about yesterdays gutless performance but as I already have a ticket I will be going to support the lads. Could potentially be a good time to play Everton with the injury crisis that they have. Strangers things have happened so we could maybe nick something here.

Dan

4-0 Everton. Play like we have the last 3 games and we're be lucky to only lose 4. Everton are far too good for us. Even when they were doing poor and we played pretty much at our best we lost 2-1.

baggiejules

I had been looking forward to this one for a while as quite a few mates of mine are Evertonians, but after the last two performances, I'm really dreading it. Even with the injuries they have I think we are going to get battered.

Carson has saved more shots than any other goalkeeper so we will have to be ready for some hard work against him.

That's just because their defence is so poor he's had more shots to face than any other keeper.

Following the logic would mean that Van der Sar is the easiest keeper to beat because he's made fewer saves than any other :lol: .

On a serious note, we need three points and it should be three of the easiest we pick up this season.

Greg

Am still down hearted about yesterdays gutless performance but as I already have a ticket I will be going to support the lads. Could potentially be a good time to play Everton with the injury crisis that they have. Strangers things have happened so we could maybe nick something here.

Dan

4-0 Everton. Play like we have the last 3 games and we're be lucky to only lose 4. Everton are far too good for us. Even when they were doing poor and we played pretty much at our best we lost 2-1.

baggiejules

I had been looking forward to this one for a while as quite a few mates of mine are Evertonians, but after the last two performances, I'm really dreading it. Even with the injuries they have I think we are going to get battered.

He must be their equivalent of efc :lol::lol:

I think the last two have it right, we'll win this one

Guest efctaxi

Why doesn't he just do a new thread that you can sticky or even it's own forum ?

Give it a name like ' Undercover Toffeee ' or ' The Toffee Talk Detective ' etc etc .

Edited by efctaxi

This game is now much more important for us that it was a week ago. Mikel is out so we need to get confindece back our own doing. He were out couple games earlier and we were struggling a bit on midfiels even we got points then. Last week worse thing were that he injured so early in game, it does do misunderstoods on the team, its better to be out whole game imo. We need to wint this and get again back in business for tehrest of the season. We are fighting for Uefa-spot and FAC, and wihth good fighting and some creativity now from other than Mikel and we can be succesfull at the end of season.

Will Moyes play an unfit Fellaini, I hope not! his (Fellaini) frustrations were there for all to see against Newcastle....an unfit Fellaini is a liability to the team.

Key to success against WBA will be Cahill, I'd go as far as saying that against Newcastle Cahill for Fellaini would have probably got us 3 points, with or without Arteta!

We still aren't giving goals away at the moment, find the next best thing to Arteta at holding midfield, get Pienaar or Osman back in the mix, motivate Cahill (not too hard is it!) and give JO, Saha or Anichebe decent service and we should be too good for WBA.

That said, the bottom of the league table tells it's own story!! no team is as yet dead and buried and they will see every game as the one that starts the survival process.....and for WBA that's US!

Can't believe Wigan and Fulham are only a couple of wins behind us :o

Expect to see Hibbert back, and Rodwell to start again, there's just a chance that these injuries will be the making of that boy!He nearlly scored against Newcastle, his confidence will be high....if your good enough your old enough!

Clean sheet again.......Cahill to create or score one or two.........please!

If Saha is fully fit (or as close to that as he ever gets) then I think we'll play a 4-4-2, which would ease or complete lack of a midfield a bit.

--------------Howard----------------

Hibbo----Jags----J.Lo-----Baines--

Neville------Rodwell------Gosling-

---------------Cahill-----------------

-------Jo---------Saha-------------

I know it seems to make no sense to play Neville as a right winger, but we know Moyes will play him, and I think Rodwell needs to stay in the middle. I really don't think Fellaini is fit and I hope we're able to give him the time to recover. I just wish we had some dutch winger that could slot in somewhere. Too bad.

3-0 to us, I think Jo and Cahill have struck up a really good understanding and against a weak defense like WBA we should be able to build some post-Arteta confidence. Saha, well who knows.

I'm feeling a lot more confident having just read on the OS that Ossie and Peanuts could be back for the weekend. I think I'd still like to see Fellaini rested a bit longer, but I think having Jo and Saha up front with Cahill coming in from behind should be enough to threaten most defences. It'd be a toss depending on how fit Ossie and Peanuts are whether to start with them or Gosling & Rodwell.

Feel we'll win this one comfortably 3-0

Well looking at these facts i'm going for a 3-0 win with Cahill and Fellaini headers from set plays, and an Osman shot from the edge of the box. ;)

Opta match facts

West Brom have conceded 13 headed goals – more than any other team in the Premier League.

Everton have scored 12 headed goals – more than any other team in the top flight.

West Brom’s biggest ever Premier League win came against Everton in November 2005 when they won 4-0.

All four of Everton’s wins in his fixture in the Premier League have been by a one-goal scoreline.

The Baggies have conceded 49 goals so far this season – more than any other side.

The Toffees have conceded just three goals in their last 10 Premier League matches.

West Brom have conceded 42 goals in the last 19 league games, keeping just two clean sheets in that period.

The Baggies have only taken one point from their last four games.

On the road, their record is very poor with only one point from their last 10 road trips and no clean sheets.

Everton have scored 19 goals from set plays – more than any other team this season.