IGNORED

Middlesbrough

MikeO

We've overcome so many odds so far this season due to injuries and the Mancs' main priority has got to be the CL. Given the determination the lads showed in the second half and Wembley is neutral ground I see no reason why we can't beat them. Keep the faith.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How shit are we. :angry: We can thank their goalie for letting us back into the game, if he had stayed on his line it was a simple catch, And i still didnt see any improvement in fellaini's game in the 2nd half.

For those peeps who thinks the sun shines out his arse, take your blue glasses off, we could have got Modric, Nasri, or Arshavin for £15 million, He's not in the same class. <_<

Maybe I defend him a little to much, being a belgian, but calling him shit this game is just silly.

Again the price tag.. can't blame him for that, but agreed he was to expensive.

btw Mordic isn't as good as fellaini, and the other two would have never wanted to come to everton.

It wasn't our best game of the season, but in the end we deserved it i think.

Cahill back on the midfield made pienaar better, and saha up front was needed for a second goal.

Good tactical changes.

Guest efctaxi

In the first half , it was fairly even , with Boro possibly deserving their lead .

We were pretty dire to be honest , but in the 2nd half , it was much more of a contest and the 2 goals were deserved also .

Both keepers had games they would rather forget , as did both defences .

I really don't like our defensive lay out at the moment . I would much rather have kept it as it was , and have Hibberts place as a straight swap . We now have 2 positional changes at the back which isn't ideal .

We are a lot weaker in midfield at the moment , and not winning as many balls as we might normally , which is adding more pressure to a defence that already has enough to think about .

Not as much hoofing today .

Fellaini was fantastic today , especially considering the treatment he had been getting earlier without ref support . He thoroughly deserved his goal , and for me , a possible man of the match .

Glad to see Rodders come off , as he isn't the full item yet , and don't want him to get overplayed . Pienaar did well too throughout the game , and a few players certainly improved 2nd half including Osman .

I said a few weeks ago to the Saha doubters that in time , we might be grateful for his contributions and he's proving me right . Not particularly sharp as I'd like , but gradually getting games under his belt .

Quiet game for Cahill today , but great to see a few goals coming from headers from other players .

For me , the way forward now is to get the defence working again , and keep what's left of the squad fit . A strong midfield and defence will get us through the season with the odd goals .

Well that was a strange game, we played like crap and still won. Yes we are missing Mikel but I think that we are also missing...............................dons flak jacket.............................Tony Hibbert, not one decent cross from the right hand side has been delivered since Hibbo got hit by the injury bug. Jags did brilliant today playing out of position but we cannot go on in this manner. I hope like mad that both Hibbo and Louis are fighting fit by the time the semi is played as we will need them both.

Over recent weeks I have been hugely critical of Mo, and he has deserved my comments, today he was showing signs of becoming a decent player again especially when you consider the intimidation he received from Huth and Wheater, a more forceful ref would have done more about their foul play, it is possible he didn't see some it but the the assistant refs should have and nothing was done. He kept his patience, used the ball so much better and was clearly desperate to show his loyalty to the club in the way he kissed the badge after he scored. His performance was topped by Phil Nev who did a lot of covering and mopping up stray balls.

We can beat Utd, the nation will be willing us to beat Utd but we must improve in the coming weeks, we must concentrate on our strengths. If we do make just think what that will do for all our young supporters who have spent so many years just hoping we'd win something............................lets do it for the kids

I honestly thought we were going to get Chelsea, but Utd is much worse :(

I can't see how everyone though Maro was amazing today, he wasnt that good in the first half and alright he scored the equaliser but he only shaped up in the second half. Pienaar had a better game and although it shows when he is at right back, Jagielka was great too.

What confused me was late on in the match, Boro were in our box and Neville headed the ball down to Baines. As I was close to the pitch, I saw the fury in Neville's face that Baines did not hurry up and get the ball away but why did Neville not just get rid of the ball himself!!

We played well for 15 minutes and that's it IMO, thank god it was enough though. That first half performance is the worst I've seen us play since the beginning of the season when we were in turmoil. We were second to every ball, lost all the 50/50's and generally looked disinterested. We played the hoofed ball far too much and that was always going to put us under pressure because their defenders are all 6ft plus so Cahill wasn't going to win anything in the air, so the ball was always coming straight back at us. Do our players never learn? Boro wanted it more than us, not that they played particularly well either though. Thankfully Moyes and co had a word at half time and it did the trick. We came out in the second half with so much more desire. We passed the ball more on the deck and that was the key for me. After we got the second goal though I felt we didn't press on like we should have, we sat back and let Boro come at us and I was shitting myself. We're into the semi's and off to Wembley though :D. We've got to play a lot better if we want to beat Manure though. COYB!

Howard - Very dodgy game from Tim today, not at his best at all. On another day his poor performance would have cost us.

Jagielka - I hope Moyes moves him back to CB soon, he just looks so awkward at RB and it's making us one sided because he doesn't offer much going forward.

Yobo - The best he's played since coming back in but his hoofing is a major problem. He's putting us under pressure with his aimless balls forward to no one.

Lescott - He was a rock for us today, I can't fault him at all.

Baines - Not an amazing performance but it was decent. He got forward more than he has done for the past few games but I thought he looked rather weak defensively. Pienaar did him no favours at all because he drifted inside far too often and left him exposed.

Osman - Shit, again. He's fortunate we have no one else otherwise he'd be on the bench.

Neville - I felt so much pride in his performance today. In the first half when the midfield was a bag of shite he was the only one putting himself about. He did it even more in the second half and made some crunching tackles. He's got Everton in his blood now. My MOTM, easily.

Rodwell - Looked like a lost lamb out there today. Young lads are always going to blow hot and cold though, hopefully he'll learn from these poor games.

Pienaar - Complete and utter shite in the first half and only slightly improved in the second half IMO. I was wondering whether he actually did play for Ajax because he doesn't seem to use the ball intelligently and it's frustrating.

Fellaini - Poor in the first half - he gave the ball away, didn't jump for headers and just looked lethargic. He improved in the second half - he was a willing runner (!), played some key passes, broke up play and took his goal well. I loved his celebration too!

Cahill - He looked shit upfront today. I don't really blame him though because he was getting such bad service there wasn't much he could do. Once he was moved back into midfield he was a completely different player and I think him moving into midfield was just as key to our victory as Saha coming on.

Saha - King fucking Louis! He just oozes class and he changed the game. He came short when we needed him to and chased the long balls when it was necessary too. His goals to games ratio is brilliant. We have to keep him fit for the rest of the season!

THE CITY'S ALL YOURS! THE CITY'S ALL YOURS! JUST FOR ONE DAY COZ WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY! ;)

Romey were you at Goodison Park today? Fellaini - Poor in the first half - he gave the ball away, didn't jump for headers and just looked lethargic.

Just asking cause on tv at first half he had everytime that huth grabbing him and ref allowed him to do that very ugly defencing.

efc1236533483fellainiba.th.jpg

Romey were you at Goodison Park today? Fellaini - Poor in the first half - he gave the ball away, didn't jump for headers and just looked lethargic.

Just asking cause on tv at first half he had everytime that huth grabbing him and ref allowed him to do that very ugly defencing.

efc1236533483fellainiba.th.jpg

I was there. So because Huth was man handling him that means he must have had a good first half and goes against what I said about his performance? No offence, but get real.

I was there. So because Huth was man handling him that means he must have had a good first half and goes against what I said about his performance? No offence, but get real.

Nonono Romey. I didnt mean that your words were wrong. i just thought u couldnt see all that ugly stuff what huth were using to stop him. Of course you have your own opinion and i werent offence at you at all, just thought you might not been aware of it what augly stuff were over there. He couldnt do anyting on any setpieces at all cause he had huth grabbing hes neck every time and ref aloowing/or not seeing bit of it.

edit: and of course if huth would just been outplaying him i wouldnt even mentioned anything, that way defencing was so ugly. Actually on match topic i said Moysie would change him on Saha at half time cause refs are ingnoring all faults on him and he cant play

Edited by LexKing

Maybe I defend him a little to much, being a belgian, but calling him shit this game is just silly.

Again the price tag.. can't blame him for that, but agreed he was to expensive.

btw Mordic isn't as good as fellaini, and the other two would have never wanted to come to everton.

It wasn't our best game of the season, but in the end we deserved it i think.

Cahill back on the midfield made pienaar better, and saha up front was needed for a second goal.

Good tactical changes.

agreed :)

Nonono Romey. I didnt mean that your words were wrong. i just thought u couldnt see all that ugly stuff what huth were using to stop him. Of course you have your own opinion and i werent offence at you at all, just thought you might not been aware of it what augly stuff were over there. He couldnt do anyting on any setpieces at all cause he had huth grabbing hes neck every time and ref aloowing/or not seeing bit of it.

edit: and of course if huth would just been outplaying him i wouldnt even mentioned anything, that way defencing was so ugly. Actually on match topic i said Moysie would change him on Saha at half time cause refs are ingnoring all faults on him and he cant play

I agree that Huth, Wheater and Pogatetz were giving him rough treatment and that the ref was letting it go, but I don't think that had anything to do with his actual performance so I didn't mention it. Their treatment of him had nothing to do with him looking disinterested in the middle of the park.

Their treatment of him had nothing to do with him looking disinterested in the middle of the park.

Well thats something i have to toally agree, like usual, you have had so same kind of thoughts than i have :D and thats why i were asking about did you notice that :D And Fellaini certainly is still restless and when he gets heated he cant play his best at anywhere on pitch, Moysie prolly had a talk to him at half time and he calmed down a bit and could focus on things and play better. At least i wanna hope its like that and give our manager of the month a little bit more credit ^^

Edited by LexKing

Cahill - He looked shit upfront today. I don't really blame him though because he was getting such bad service there wasn't much he could do. Once he was moved back into midfield he was a completely different player and I think him moving into midfield was just as key to our victory as Saha coming on.

Spot on when cahill moved into midfield he went looking for the ball insted of just getting it and then hoofing it away down field.

Orient ............... Yes he cost us 15M but he's got potential.

Hey mate i'm not basing my opinion on a £15m transfer fee, even at 5 million he's not good enough

Phil Neville for £3.5m is a far better player in every game, at the moment he is the worst midfielder we have. When Arteta is fit i would play Pienaar, Cahill and even Osman before fellaini.

quite agree regulator dont see the sense in tearing the players to shreds...thaught lescott and neville were outstanding the rest done enough...same as the few who bood at halfe time pissed me off dont see the sense in it.

Of course most(99.9%of the forum others are closetreds) wants us to win no matter how we play, the results matter. But its sometimes just so painful and total agony to watch game like this and even the winning tastes sweet, my blood pressure cant handle this much more. Actually im started to gettin nervous of the semi, even we need 3p before that from stoke :)

Reg is right, its a results business no matter how you get them but having been raised with the school of science in my blood it still matters a great deal to me how we play and how we win, against Boro we won ugly

I don't disagree mate, and if Arteta was playing, I'd say our first half was a disgrace and we didn't deserve it based on that, that being said without a playmaker in the middle of the field we've fucked up our chi and on that basis I'll take an ugly win over an ugly loss any day of the week, and I will do til the end of the season, because what do points mean..... :o:blink: <_< :gay: :rolleyes::lol:

prizes in case that was confusing ;)

I don't disagree mate, and if Arteta was playing, I'd say our first half was a disgrace and we didn't deserve it based on that, that being said without a playmaker in the middle of the field we've fucked up our chi and on that basis I'll take an ugly win over an ugly loss any day of the week, and I will do til the end of the season, because what do points mean..... :o:blink: <_< :gay: :rolleyes::lol:

prizes in case that was confusing ;)

Not another member of the Bruce Forsyth fan club ffs and here's me thinking Regulator's not a bad lad, good game good game arggggggggggh :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Orient ............... Yes he cost us 15M but he's got potential.

Hey mate i'm not basing my opinion on a £15m transfer fee, even at 5 million he's not good enough

Phil Neville for £3.5m is a far better player in every game, at the moment he is the worst midfielder we have. When Arteta is fit i would play Pienaar, Cahill and even Osman before fellaini.

Sorry bill but what the hell are you going on about? Just because Neville has had a few good games, the truth is Fellaini would have a chance at any decent european club when he's fit and plays in the middle of the park, Neville wouldn't, he cant pass, can't tackle, he's got nothing on the ball, no skill, no flair, he cant even cross half the time. When his form drops no one will talk about him, all this pride and work effort means fuck all when you cant pass a ball on the floor against the top teams becuase you have no composure so then he starts hoofing it up which makes the hole team think its better to just hoof it up. Big teams need all there players to be good technically, take a look at Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, you really think Neville would have the slightest chance of starting if he was at any of them clubs? No.

If you ask me I think Wenger would love a player like Fellaini next to Fabregas.

Sorry bill but what the hell are you going on about? Just because Neville has had a few good games, the truth is Fellaini would have a chance at any decent european club when he's fit and plays in the middle of the park, Neville wouldn't, he cant pass, can't tackle, he's got nothing on the ball, no skill, no flair, he cant even cross half the time. When his form drops no one will talk about him, all this pride and work effort means fuck all when you cant pass a ball on the floor against the top teams becuase you have no composure so then he starts hoofing it up which makes the hole team think its better to just hoof it up. Big teams need all there players to be good technically, take a look at Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, you really think Neville would have the slightest chance of starting if he was at any of them clubs? No.

If you ask me I think Wenger would love a player like Fellaini next to Fabregas.

Correct me if I'm wrong Blue but didn't Neville make hundreds of appearances for Man Utd? one of the biggest clubs in Europe and the best team. Do you honestly think Fellaini would get anywhere near any top team in Europe, he wouldn't even get in our starting 11 whereas Neville would. Neville has been our best player for weeks yet you just can't accept it because you don't like him. Neville is older so he wouldn't be worth as much money but I very much doubt you'd find anyone at Everton who'd rather have Fellaini alongside them in midfield than Phil Neville. He doesn't just work his socks off, he also tackles (rather than fouls) covers the defence (rather than lumbers about to no particular avail) and his passing in 90% of the games is decent (he's been our best passer in midfield for weeks, far better than ultra negative Rodwell and wasteful Pienaar and Osman and don't get me started on Fellaini's abysmal recent passing). Get over your bias towards him, he deserves better for what he is doing for the club. I didn't like him when we signed him but I can admit I was wrong, he's been a brilliant signing.

hahaha sorry I missed the bit about Fellaini next to Fabregas, seriously you must be having a laugh. To mention them in the same breath can't be far off warranting a criminal offense.

Edited by carlmc25

Just because Neville has had a few good games

He's actually having an excellent season. I've never been Neville's biggest fan (I was disappointed as anything when we signed him) and I've always preferred him at RB if he has to be in the side at all, but when we've been rocky this season (at the start of the season and now that Spuddy's out) he's one of the few players who have stepped up to the plate and put 110% in. You're being a little harsh on his passing as well, he's looked far better with his passing this season. IMO he's the heartbeat of our side atm; he's always available for the ball from the defence when the rest of our midfield run away; he puts crunching tackles in (which gets the crowd and his team mates going); he cajoles others into giving more for the cause.

This season Neville can't be faulted.