IGNORED

Middlesbrough

MikeO

Huge game, Wembley at stake....I'm nervous already :unsure: .

Lawrenson's gone for a draw, and he never gets us right, so it should be decided on the day.

I hope we score early, settle everyone down. We should have enough but 'Boro seem a different prospect in the cup.

I'm hoping that some of the reason for our recent poor performances have been players holding themselves back (subconsciously perhaps) for this. If so and they all play to their potential we'll win :) .

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are really reaching the bottom of the barrel now squad wise, too many injuries, and too many players playing out of position are making our performance levels drop lower by the week. If we get through this one we will have done remarkably well.

I know Boro are having a torrid time of late, but from the times i've seen them on the Telly i dont think they've played too badly, and if they bring the form to us that they showed against the RS we are in for a tough test.

Going to leave my prediction to nearer the game to see what players we have available, and what sort of formation we can stick out, but i'm breaking out into a sweat at the thought of Wembley, and if we manage to get through i am putting in my order now for a ticket.

So if theres any member out there who can manage to get me one i would be much obliged. ;)

I just can't see where the goals are going to come from. We need another performance from Gosling like his last performance against Boro' or the SUnderland game. I would also like to see Baxter included in some capacity, obviously not starting though. At the moment you can see that things are not really working with the "creative" players we are currently fielding. We need to adapt. We coped without strikers becasue we where still creating chances. Now we have to play without many strikers and no or little creativity. ALso everytime a player goes down after a tackle i think i will actually be terrified. One more injury is just going to be a joke.

I can see a dull 0-0.

I agree. I think he is a good impact sub.

I was equally mystified why neither VDM or Gosling came on for the abysmal Osman the other night. We have to move Osman or Pienaar into CM for the rest of the season otherwise we will struggle to score goals every game. Gosling or VDM need to be brought into the team otherwise I can see us struggling on Sunday.

I was equally mystified why neither VDM or Gosling came on for the abysmal Osman the other night. We have to move Osman or Pienaar into CM for the rest of the season otherwise we will struggle to score goals every game. Gosling or VDM need to be brought into the team otherwise I can see us struggling on Sunday.

I agree. Niether Osman or Pienaar are wide players by trade, though I will say that Pienaar can operate there alot more effectivley out wide than Osman can. I can think of very very few games that Osman has played really well on the wing.

Maybe something like this

--------------Howard----------------

Jacobson--Jags--Joleon--Baines

Gosling---Neville---Osman--Pienaar

----------Cahill--------------------

-------------------Jo--------------

If we can just get a little service to JO and a decent performance from him I think we should win. They can threaten though. Tuncay and Aliadiere seem to combine well.

If we get one we'll get two, so 2-0 for me.

Maybe something like this

Jacobson--Jags--Joleon--Baines

Gosling---Neville---Osman--Pienaar

-------------------Jo--------------

If we can just get a little service to JO and a decent performance from him I think we should win. They can threaten though. Tuncay and Aliadiere seem to combine well.

If we get one we'll get two, so 2-0 for me.

Jo is cup tied (and crap).

I expect Cahill to play up on his own for 1st half with rodwell padding out the midfield.

Don't be stupid, VDM is on the bench purely for numbers. Gosling I agree should have come on for Osman but certainly not VDM - I would rather another reserve player (Agard, Kissock) get a run out rather than him.

I think we will get some recent form back in this game as Boro have a terrible away record winning only two out of fourteen, I know they are not a bad side in the cup games but only just scrapped past Barrow at home i am going with 3-1.

Neville----Jags----Joleon----Baines

----------Fellaini/Rodwell

Gosling------Osman-------Pienaar

-------------------Saha--------------

I would like to see some of the other lads get a shot against Boro aswell like Agard if Kissock is back from Accrington Stanley i would like to see him play aswell maybe replace Osman in the middle if we are infront and comfortable.

Edited by EFC-Paul

if its a choice between rodwell and fellaini sitting infront of the back four its rodwell every time. fellaini doesnt look interested when he plays there!

I dont understand why though mate as its his natural position maybe with Moyes playing him in a more advanced role has sort of put him off?

Don't be stupid, VDM is on the bench purely for numbers. Gosling I agree should have come on for Osman but certainly not VDM - I would rather another reserve player (Agard, Kissock) get a run out rather than him.

VDM came on against Liverpool remember and set up the winner, since then he hasn't had a look in which is odd. He's more likely to play than Agard or Kissock quite simply because he has played and they haven't (as far as I'm aware).

I agree. Niether Osman or Pienaar are wide players by trade, though I will say that Pienaar can operate there alot more effectivley out wide than Osman can. I can think of very very few games that Osman has played really well on the wing.

I've said it before but I think it's to do with Moyes' ego/and or pride.

Guest efctaxi

"The Blues will be boosted by the fitness of £15 million man, Marouane Fellaini who is ready to take part in the quarter final despite nursing a back injury."

If he is nursing an injury , then he isn't fit .

Good luck to him , but I'm not expecting him to set the game alight .

Our current form suggests something needs changing, I'd go with this:

---------------------------------HOWARD-------------------------------------

NEVILLE-----------------JAGIELKA------------LESCOTT------------BAINES

OSMAN-----------------FELLAINI---------------CAHILL------------PIENAAR

------------------------------JO---------SAHA---------------------------------

Bench: Nash, Jacobsen, Yobo, Van Der Meyde, Gosling, Rodwell, Baxter.

Neville at right-back, it's obvious Moyes doesn't think Jacobsen would work, maybe because he hasn't had any games under his belt and an untested player is always a risk. No defence midfield instead Osman and Pienaar can track back, and we'll have Fellaini, Jo and Cahill to get the long balls if we do hoof it.

If a mircale happens and we play some good along the floor football without Arteta then I'd say 2-1. If we play crap like in the last 2 games we'll draw 2-2 and it'll go to replay which if we're still playing crap we'll lose.

Ahh well fingers crossed :D

look i think moyes has to suck it up and play VDM he can cross stick him on the right...

and i think jacobsen needs to play this game tooo

I would like to see

--------------------------------------------------Howard--------------------------------------------------

Jacobsen--------------------------Jags-----------------------Lescott-----------------------------Baines

------------------------------------------Neville----------Rodwell-----------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------Osman--------------------------------------------------

VDM------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pienarr

-----------------------------------------------------Cahill-----------------------------------------------

SUBS

Nash

Yobo

Castillo

Gosling

Saha

John Paul Kissock

Baxter

---------------------HOWARD------------------------

NEVILLE-------- JAGS-------LESCOTT------------BAINES

OSMAN------RODDERS------TIMMY--------------PEANUTS

-----------------------FELLAINI--------------------------------

------------------------SAHA------------------------------------

SUBS---YOBO-----BAXTER----GOSLING----LARS------VDM----A N-OTHER

I've heard Redknapp is interested in A N Other -Everton could get £5m for him

Once again I think we will be to strong for Boro. I watched most of their game against the Reds and even thought they got a great win I thought Albion actually played better against us than Boro did to beat Liverpool. Also they where pretty dire against Spurs, i'm saying 2-0 to us.

Don't know who I should be supporting in all the other matches this week-end. Do we want Chelsea, ManU and Arsenal through to give us the fall back of seventh in the league being a Europa spot (very pessimistic I know), or do we want Coventry, Burnley/Hull and Fulham through to give us the maximum chance of winning the thing :huh: ?