IGNORED

Christian Poulsen

Guest efctaxi

We seem to be linked with a lot of defenders lately .

Perhaps Moyes is up to something most of us are concerned about :lol:

Personally I think we should be looking at keeping Neville in the centre of the park. I've been really impressed with him this year and he's really made that position his own. When him and Arteta where playing together in the centre of the park it was probably the best and most consistant football we have played all season.

Guest efctaxi
taxi - it says hes a midfielder

Poulson yes , but I was referring to Gael Givet on page 3 of the link .

Sounds like a Manchester slappers name :D

• 2 months later...

Bugger!

Nah, great, Paulsen has a really bad temper, and is the biggest diva to come out of Scandinavia ever. (Including Zlatan)

Caused a penalty against Sweden in the euro quals by elbowing Marcus Rosenburg in the gut the other year. Caused a danish supporter to run onto the pitch to hit the referee. Game abandoned 3-0 to Sweden)

Nah, great, Paulsen has a really bad temper, and is the biggest diva to come out of Scandinavia ever. (Including Zlatan)

Caused a penalty against Sweden in the euro quals by elbowing Marcus Rosenburg in the gut the other year. Caused a danish supporter to run onto the pitch to hit the referee. Game abandoned 3-0 to Sweden)

Nah, that's powder puff compared to Big Dunc.

big dunc should never be considered the legend that some see him as, an average player who just happened to play at a time when we were shit.

Could still be legs in this one (if there were to begin with) as SSN reckons the shite have agreed a fee fo Aquilani from Roma.

Not really seen much of this guy play though to be honest.

if you mean aquilani then the lad is quality.

Edited by StevO

...is Andy Gray an Everton legend to you?

Butting in (sure Craccer will answer you when he can)...for me..

Gray wasn't a legend because he wasn't here long enough but he was part of a legendary team; and he was also a superior player to Ferguson.

Craccer is spot on imo, but the argument splits Evertonians and probably always will :) .

I'm with Mike and Craccer on this one. I liked Dunc while he was here but he is hardly a legend. He has endeared himself to the fans for his beligerent and near pychotic performances on occaisons. But we have to remember that this was during the really bad days, if he had played during the 80's or during the current Moyes team nobody would really remember him it just that at the time Everton where not playing anywhere near good football so the fans entertained themselves by watching Big Dunc kick seven shades of shit out of opposition players.

He'll always be remembered but he aint a legend. He isn't fit to lace the boots of some of the real Everton legends.

There's something shite, but it isn't big Dunc! I wonder then, is Andy Gray an Everton legend to you?

As with mike, no and yet he was superior to ferguson. I can understand why a lot of youngish lads love him because we never knew anyone else with such passion and he was one of the better players when we were young but to put Duncs name in there with the 'real' Everton legends like Dixie and Sharp that's just a bit ridiculous IMO. If you should see anyone from his around those times as an icon then I'd consider Nev and Watson but Ferguson I don't understand. Would he be as iconic if he didn't love the club so much?

Would he be as iconic if he didn't love the club so much?

Maybe not, but for the time he arrived until he retired he was a vital team member, if not for his goals then for his inspiration to the club. Saying Gray was better than Ferguson is an insult, I rate big Dunc along with Bob Latchford. Gray was/is a self-gloried braggart, who just like Ferguson arrived at the right time. However, unlike Ferguson Gray hasn't repaid the club that saved his career.