IGNORED

Chelsea - Fa Cup Final

Romey 1878

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we really need leading up to the final is for Chelsea to spout as much as they want that they wont under estimate Everton and that they know it will be tough........whilst all the time really deep down believing that they are far better than us, have the better players, they've qualified for next years Champions league, have just thrashed Arsenal and only missed the champions league final this year because they were cheated....

YES, YES Chelsea.......you are a fantastic team, the FA cup is surely yours, Everton wont be a problem...............PLEASE, just keep thinking that :rolleyes:

i know its early to start talkin about what team we should put out against chelsea but i think moyes should seriously look at reverting back to cahill up front and big fell behind him. for me saha has been poor of late and wouldn't trouble terry and alex and rodwell is startin to come into his own in the middle of the park and i still think its a bit early for vaughan to start,my team would be:

howard

hibbert yobo lescott baines

osman rodwell neville pienaar

felliani

cahill

Guest efctaxi
i know its early to start talkin about what team we should put out against chelsea but i think moyes should seriously look at reverting back to cahill up front and big fell behind him. for me saha has been poor of late and wouldn't trouble terry and alex and rodwell is startin to come into his own in the middle of the park and i still think its a bit early for vaughan to start,my team would be:

howard

hibbert yobo lescott baines

osman rodwell neville pienaar

felliani

cahill

Our right side would be a bit weak with that line up .

Would much rather have Nev covering Hibs and Yobo .

If we are going to beat Chelsea , we need to be able to get at them too , which concerns me with Osman .

Surely if he plays , he will up his game .

Saha is a very experienced player , who might just get a goal on the day , but I have also contemplated playing without a striker .

We've beaten both Liverpool and Manchester United to get where we are. Our boys will treat this game how it is, the F.A cup final; we have more heart and desire while Chelsea had it all rested in the Champions League. Our boys must up the anti come May 30, Osman must play like his life depends on it and he must control his part of the pitch, I don't want to see Malouda of all fucking people beating him. Fellaini must hold up the ball and because he has made it without a yellow card until the final, he will be more aggressive and will hopefully pack a punch against Essein/Terry/etc. Pienaar and Baines' play will be marked as it has been our main attacking threat in the last two games against the chavs, so we must hope that Osman tries at least something with Fellaini down the right.

No offense to Saha, he is a decent player, but we must play like we did when he was out; we simply just will not out play Chelsea and Saha can't latch onto the hoofballs as well as Jo, so we'll need to resort to set plays. (also rely on Fellaini/Cahill's flick ons)

We're going to Wembley and we're going to put up a fight.

P.S bring Vaughan on for the last 10 minutes/ET

Our right side would be a bit weak with that line up .

Would much rather have Nev covering Hibs and Yobo .

If we are going to beat Chelsea , we need to be able to get at them too , which concerns me with Osman .

Surely if he plays , he will up his game .

Saha is a very experienced player , who might just get a goal on the day , but I have also contemplated playing without a striker .

I totally agree with you Taxi, falls down in surprise :lol: I'm not certain as to how Saha has played over recent weeks but the last time I saw him I wanted him out of the club, he was slow and disinterested. I would prefer Vaughan tbh but I have no doubt that the gaffer will have his finger on the pulse and he did give Saha a start on Saturday so who knows. one thing is certain, Chelsea struggle to contain Timmy so watch this space

Guest efctaxi
Chelsea have cancelled their open top bus parade on the 31st because it'd cost them £250,000 to cancel it if they lose.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ory-parade.html (apologies for linking the S*n)

Seems a bit daft....it's only a couple of weeks wages for John Terry :huh: .

Do we know what Everton's prospective plans are?

Basically queue up for the number 47 and hope there are enough spare seats :D

My mother told me never to trust a man who wrote I with an i rather than an I.

Reveals deep seated insecurity, self loathing and a tiny penis apparently.

I predict that any fool (nothing personal) could have come up with that preview....it's hardly controversial is it :huh: ?

Guest efctaxi
My mother told me never to trust a man who wrote I with an i rather than an I.

Reveals deep seated insecurity, self loathing and a tiny penis apparently.

I predict that any fool (nothing personal) could have come up with that preview....it's hardly controversial is it :huh: ?

Sometimes a small 'i' is useful when referring to the cocky chavs though :P

..i..

Watching Chelsea's goals last night (and all season) brought home the biggest threat we need to counter next Sunday. They are more lethal from outside the box than any other team in the league surely. Drogba, Anelka and Lampard in particular need to be closed down otherwise they'll take pot shots from distance all game and one or two are bound to go in.

Worryingly our defence backing off is a regular problem.

On the upside our two recent weakest links, Ossie and Saha, seem to be coming good just in time.

The build up starts here....I'm as excited as I was as an eight year old in 1968 (66 passed me by somehow :( ) :D . Bring it on!

Guest efctaxi

On the five previous occasions Everton have won the FA Cup - in 1906, 1933, 1966, 1984 and 1995 - the West Indies cricket team have toured England. West Indies are due to play two Test matches in May .

On the five previous occasions Everton have won the FA Cup - in 1906, 1933, 1966, 1984 and 1995 - the West Indies cricket team have toured England. West Indies are due to play two Test matches in May .

Game Set Match :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

I'll go for a 1-0 victory, defense has a brilliant game, Fellaini or Cahill off a corner.

If Neville plays, I guarantee he picks up a yellow. Same for Hibbert.

Getting nervous now.Youre right about malouda he is on fire at the minute Tony needs to be on top form. If we stand off them with the likes of Lampard and Ballack we will be asking for trouble. Im scared shitless of Essien tho. I can't believe we have gone this far without bringing the cup home 0-1 Tiny Tim with the second half winner

I was concerned that Fulham managed on a few occasions to get the ball over the top of our back line, its different matter when the strikers are Drogba or Anelka rather than Gera or Zamora. We have to keep it tight at the back which we did in the league match at the Bridge. When we attack we will have to be quick, very quick so I'm still very unsure about playing Saha from the off, for me Tim up front with Mo backing him up, Saha can come on when needed.