IGNORED

Lorik Cana

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.fansonline.net/everton/article.php?id=259

Everton could go ahead to head with Liverpool for the signature of Lorik Cana according to reports in France.

Cana is surplus to requirements at the Stade Velodrome after OM signed Stephane Mbia - ironically a player Everton were desperate to sign themselves -from Rennes and is almost certain to move away.

La Provence - the regional Marseille daily - reports on Thursday that Liverpool and Everton are now the most likely suitors.

Edited by EFC247

ame='EFC-Paul' date='15 Jul 2009 - 22:17' timestamp='1247721436' post='175704']

how many times has david moyes said that he is planing on playing fellaini as a attacking mid

-.-

Never. he isn't and i'm quite sure he'll never be an attacking midfielder.

Bit late on the uptake with that one (Not you EFC247, the site). I read that Benitez was only looking at him as a replacement for Alonso if he goes, I can see a deal for Cana being completed by someone (i.e Hamburg or us) before Alonso leaves, or at least Real come in with a silly offer.

Would really like to see this transfer happen, just because of the buzz I reckon he would create (and the fact that he looks like a quality footballer at a decent price).

I am getting a little twitchy though... Anyone remember the 'Homo Sissysoaker' debacle.

Moyes needs to act fast on this one, it is evident that Alonso is on his way out and we dont want what appears to be the naughton situation happen here.

When has Moyes acted fast in the transfer window. (Apart from last minute signings that is.) He will not be rushed or held to ransom over a player. I am not sure it is altogether a good thing, but it has it's merits.

If we get him we should say bye bye to getting a right back, we are getting overloaded in midfield so i can see Neville being moved to fullback. We already have Hibbert and the new lad thats played in the friendlies, He looks as tho he might play a part this season.

I think you're right Bill. It's a shame really because I would prefer us to strenghten a right back rather than pick up more players for the centre of the park and now I prefer Neville in the centre rather than at right back.

We can't deny that Neville is a vast improvement to Hibbo at RB though. And if Cana can improve or equal Neville in the middle then we'll have improved the team overall.

EDIT: Not to mention Seamus Coleman has looked very good so far in the friendlies.

Edited by Grarghsies

To be honest, I'd be really pleased if we pulled this one off, but going from previous experience, I'm not getting my hopes up until he's holding up the famous Royal-Blue shirt on the OS. However, I don agree with some of the other posts that the centre of the park is not where we really need to strengthen. Watched a bit of the game yesterday and we still need attacking options on the right - unless Pienaar goes over but then we need someone on the left. I'm just gonna wait and see what happens and keep me fingers crossed that we are avble to bring in a few quality players, hopefully, this week, but if not at least before the start of the season.

my feelings exactly..just a shame we cant wrap these deals up streight away..always seems to be us that handbags around.

like the villa get downing almost immediatley dont even hear about it till hes got there scum shirt on lol..

just getting a bit board of this now and hope we pull a big signing out the bag to cheer us all up..would be nice to have something possitive to talk about for a change

Edited by cols

You know I keep checking the threads for updates on news, for this and other transfers, but in the back of my mind, I'm just waiting for the 'hijacked' link/story. God Damn stupid transfer window!!

It would be wrong for us to get annoyed if there is a "hijak" story that comes out of this as technically we are hijaking Hamburg's bid for him.