IGNORED

Out

First Sven and now Moyes.

He has confirmed that Stubbs and Weir have been offered new deals.

I said that if Ferrari goes and weir and Stubbs were offered deals I would be calling for Moyes head and so be it.

fuckin terrible from moyes, hes startin to worry me, dunc and lie tie thats fine but why the fuck are we offering a contract to stubbs and weir and gettin rid of a promising CB, wouldnt mind keepin stubbs as cover but weir is fuckin past it, no doubt about it.

he better sort it out cos i can see another disapointing season if he doesnt do anythin <_<

I fear worse season than disappointing

I agree can understand keeping Stubbs as cover but not Weir.

I bet Weir and Stubbs start the first game next season.

If you was Yobo and you see they have been given new deals would you think twice about signing a new deal when you know they kept you out the team so many times

All I can assume is that there was a personality clash between Moyes and Ferrari. I think I've said before Moyes seems to have little patience with some people. Hope to god that Yobo and a. n. other are the first choice centre backs and Stubbs & Weir are squad back -ups.

It could be due to limited funds we get a goal keeper on loan to back up or compete with Martin although its still possible that Wright will stay. I note that Moyes was saying he was improving recently. The funds that will be available will be spent on a centre back, midfielder and obviously a striker. I reckon something like either Johnson/Nugent/Jerome/McCarthy etc, someone like Nolan in midfield and a young centreback like say Lescott. However that would all cost something like 12m at least. We don't have it I know but perhaps some will be sold, (Kilbane, Davies, Naysmith) to make up the difference.

Absolutely - Weir is WAY past it. Stubbs seems ok. Yobo is a must-keep.

I fear worse season than disappointing

I agree can understand keeping Stubbs as cover but not Weir.

I bet Weir and Stubbs start the first game next season.

If you was Yobo and you see they have been given new deals would you think twice about signing a new deal when you know they kept you out the team so many times

Forgot about Wright.

So does that mean that he will be given a new deal as he has not said that he is being released???

Adam I don't know if they'll keep him or not but I did hear Moyes in an interview say recently that it was a pity he received a gashed knee because he 'was improving with every match'. from that I'm guessing that they'd look to keep him if they can and spend whatever money there is elsewhere - possibly?

Reading the stats from the few games, I noticed our shots on target are about the 13 - 17 area. WE NEED A STRIKER WHO CAN SCORE F*CKING GOALS REGULARLY IF NOT CONSISTANTLY. Please Moyse - beg, borrow or steal in order to bring in a goalscorer (AJ springs to mind now Palace are up against it).

ATB

Mac

Guest fozzie22
Wier & stubbs!!

If he signs 2 new centre halves in the summer he can be forgiven but if we start the season with either of them first choice there is seriously something wrong with either Moyes or the finances at our club.

Where is the money coming from?

Fucking nowhere thats where,so yet again we're stuck going forward this clown in charge,yet more great football next season for us i see.

im getting more and more disillusioned with moyes as time goes on. im getting worried about the bizarre decisions he's making. The stubbs and weir thing has really riled me. i agree that maybe we should keep stubbs as cover but weir is diabolical. I think he needs sat nav installed to make sure he can keep track of the players he's supposed to be marking! another awful decision from the "moyesiah"

i cant believe he hasnt kept ferrari, he was promising and could have turned out to be a real gem like arteta. and i heard that ferrari was happy at Goodison? is this right?

next season is going to be another wash out if moyes doesnt bring in some fresh faces. he needs to lower the average age of the squad, which i thought he was doing, until he kept the old war horses on. people are settling for mediocrity and it isnt good enough. we're Everton football club for god's sake. no one takes us seriously anymore. im only 18, so i the glory days of the eighties are a bit before me, but i have my dad (one fine evertonian) to fill me in on my missing years, and his dvd's of greats like sheedy, sharpe, southall, bracewell, mountfield and reid. and the sad and sorry truth is, that it will be a good few seasons yet before we start looking like the club we were. Everton Football Club is my greatest love, but sometimes it hurts me so much!

Guest fozzie22

ferrari was never going to stay why should he?

Never played him never seemed to have confidence in him,so he's got on his scooter and buggered off

Yet another great move by DM.

We obviously dont have the funds to bring in the players we need so Weir and Stubbs are given new contracts we all hope as squad players but time will tell. Farrari was never staying, I just hope moyes knows what he is doing, we need to strengthen our defence i think he will bring in GK loan, at least one defender and a striker...hopefully more.

The fact is Ferrari would have cost just under 4m. Moyes obviously thought he wasn't worth the risk at that price. He will also remember the Koldrup mess and that would have made him more cautious perhaps.

The fact remains we have little money/investment so Moyes has to spread the money he does have around in the areas its most needed. Obviously a striker must surely be his priority.

There is some good news. The new tv deal from 2007 onwards is a very generous one. Sky have paid over the odds and so all the premiership clubs will get around 20m each. I know everyone gets this money but success will depend on how its spent. Moyes past record is not good I know, but it shows there is some hope at least!

With the small amount of money we have to spend i think moyes had to re sign them on contracts for another year. Although they should only be used as backup players and i don't believe weir should ever start another game unless we have no other choice. Joleon Lescott sounds like a decent signing and i think him and another young centre back is what we need. A centre back who could also cover other positions would be good maybe someone like Michael Ball, heard he had a great season for PSV this year.