IGNORED

Michael Owen

According to Wikipedia David Nugent has scored 3 ;) Still a complete joke. I just know that EW is gonna' come and flame me now ;)

Free Transfer? We must sign surely. I'd be pissed off if he isn't in an Everton shirt come September. He would be brilliant at this club. Owen would take a massive pay cut and bring bag goals, goals and more goals. He would take us to Champions League challengers. Serious challengers what Aston Villa should have been. C'mon Moyes B)

Well when you put it like that..............bloody well GET HIM IN!!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Wikipedia David Nugent has scored 3 ;) Still a complete joke. I just know that EW is gonna' come and flame me now ;)

Free Transfer? We must sign surely. I'd be pissed off if he isn't in an Everton shirt come September. He would be brilliant at this club. Owen would take a massive pay cut and bring bag goals, goals and more goals. He would take us to Champions League challengers. Serious challengers what Aston Villa should have been. C'mon Moyes B)

Ha ha I bet there were plenty of Geoordies saying exactly the same thing just before they signed him.

He looks a complete shadow of his former self so much so I think if he is interested in coming to Everton he should come on trial!

Im from the north east, and there has been for quite some time that a lot of Newcastles players do not want to be there, ive heard numourous stories from toon fans about bust ups players turning up late or even faining injury, i think Owen can still be as good as he has been, we should definatley take a chance on him if he drops his wage demands.

Toon to go down

He would have to slash his salary by atleast half to even have a chance of coming here, If he kept out of the treatment room and pulled his finger out which i would expect him to do if he came he could be a fantastic player for us but only if his wages are very low compared to now he doesnt warrant a huge pay packet or being paid more then any of our current better paid players.

Slash down his wages and I reckon he could be a real gem.

When it comes down to it, Owen is still a great finisher and his pedigree can't be denied.

Jo, who couldn't get a start at Man City, started banging in the goals as soon as he hit Everton. Lets hope if we get Owen, Moyes can weave his magic on him too :P

Not sure if it would be a great move for him if its true with him wanting to get back in the England squad with it being a much weaker league and so on. What do you think id he worth £50.000 a week?

Newcastle striker Michael Owen will be offered the chance to resurrect his career at Celtic this summer. The Scottish giants will give Owen a pay-as-you-play deal worth £50,000 a week plus huge bonuses

Guest efctaxi
Not sure if it would be a great move for him if its true with him wanting to get back in the England squad with it being a much weaker league and so on. What do you think id he worth £50.000 a week?

Newcastle striker Michael Owen will be offered the chance to resurrect his career at Celtic this summer. The Scottish giants will give Owen a pay-as-you-play deal worth £50,000 a week plus huge bonuses

Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

Very good point. To be honest as a "free" transfer I think i'd prefer Govou from Lyon who is out of contract this summer.

I'm a fan of french footy and I think Govou would make a decent signing. He's quite a different player to Owen though, he'd fit into a Chelsea like formation. I'd have him here but not as a first choice striker. If we were to play Yak with 2 wingers then that's where I feel he'd fit in, sort of a 4-3-3. Good player though.

• 3 weeks later...
It looks possible but I don't want it, his wages and injury record no thanks

i think his wages will be ok and if we get him playing much like saha [pay as you play] he could be a good investment. because he would play a lot more than saha has. i think it would be a good signing.

i think his wages will be ok and if we get him playing much like saha [pay as you play] he could be a good investment. because he would play a lot more than saha has. i think it would be a good signing.

to be honest he could be a star or a flunk based on team around him

At first i was far from keen on the idea but im sort of coming around to the idea of him wearing the blue shirt, If he could keep fit and regain some of his lost hunger i think him and Yakubu would make a top pairing. He seems to have lost alot of interest at Newcastle and with such a poor team around him you can sort of understand why.

If he does come and his wages arare in check i think Moyes will iron out any issues and also with his last realistic chance of making the England squad im sure he would pull his finger out and we would be the best team for him to do so with.

i hated the idea...but then i started to think. Moyes has a fantastic record of getting the best out of players who have struggled at there previous clubs. arteta and pienaar spring to mind there!

Free, and under 35k a week and i would be happy. if we had him, saha and jimmy boy backing up the yak i would be very confidant!

THEN WE NEED A RIGHT BACK WITH SOME PACE!

I wish we would just sign Owen then all this boring gossip about him would be over. I must say though that I agree with MadMatt on the fact that "Moyes has a fantastic record of getting the best out of players who have struggled at there previous clubs"

Agree Moyes has got the best out of players who have struggled at former clubs but has he got the best out of injury prone players like VDM, Saha, Nuno etc? its one thing a fit player looking to develop its another thing an injury prone player who is unlikely to play for u.

people say owens injury prone but he has played a quite a lot of games last 2 seasons (dont have the figures but it's quite a decent sum) which is much more than you can say for the rest of our strikers....bar the yak. as i've said in the past though i think owen is a good player but i only want him here in place of saha i dont think we need another striker 50k a week striker...don't think saha has it anymore either i'd happily swap him for owen. owen is still one of the best finishers around and when he played deeper for newcastle he was awesome.

56 appearances over last 2 seasons in the league. there is worse around and the guy has class but we need someone like the yak who can play 40 a season cos if we get a couple good cup runs etc thats gonna be well over 50 games. 17 alone in the europa if you get to the final

I think he could be a good acquisition , but i also feel if or when moysie speaks to him he could tell if he still had the hunger or not . We all know how lethal a fit and hungry michael owen is , his record speaks for itself .

The whole point in not signing him is that he isn't fit or hungry anymore and his fitness will never be as sharp as it was, his main goal was to beat Charltons England goalscoring record - now that capello appears not to rate him, my feeling is that he will pursue horse racing full time. Signing a player whose reputation exceeds ability is not a good move.

I dont actually know what i should be thinking of all this. I am not sure can he help us anyway in future. He was a class, but....do i want a red hero to grab money from us... 50k is still more than others get on our team, right? So i think we need to start improving other players contracts aswell