IGNORED

Michael Owen

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not buy Owen? He kicked 2 goals over the weekend and looked good. At a cheap price he would be worth getting. He gets the thumbs up from me.

Owen wont come cheap.

The fee, combined with his wages would put him beyond our means.

Nugent on loan might be all we can afford this January. :angry:

BECAUSE HE IS A HAS BEEN.

He gets the thumbs down from me.

At least he has been something, unlike Nuggent, who has never been anything.

Owen is still only 28, (Younger than Cahill I would add!) he's far from past it yet, he just needs to play in a better team than the barcodes, i think there is too much pressure there for people to perform properly, also I don't believe he is captain material and that is effecting his game, a bit like when Henry took the arm band at Arsenal, he was not the right choice and i think it effected his game as well.

I can't see him coming here but i think that if he did it would be a very good signing.

Guest efctaxi

I don't think Owen works hard enough to suit David Moyes' ethics , and is a little over hyped in my opinion .

Johnson was a very similar player , and worked much harder than I feel Owen does , but didn't last as long , or indeed score as many goals as I expected .

Is Moyes capable of turning Owen into a harder worker ?

I personally don't think so , as although he's still reasonably young , he's been around as long as the old dog that can't learn new tricks , and besides , we don't have too many creative passers which Owen would require .

If we could get him on loan , then yes , but he's too expensive to have him sit in the physio room every week .

Guest efctaxi
Moyes bought Yakubu and Owen works harder than him.

I certainly can't argue with that lol . :P

BTW ... You have my all time favourite goal in your avatar :D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4643937,00.html Just been reading that on sky sports and see what Kinnear said "I am looking to buy two players and maybe get two or three players on loan. That will happen 190 per cent.

"I've already made one offer for a left-back and this is in England."

Makes me think Leighton Baines straight away! And i would'nt realy be to botherd if it was if we get the same money we paid for him id defo let him go because we need the money for forwards.

Guest Reg Reagan
The same way Fowler, Carragher, McManaman did I suppose.

Not to mention our scouts said he was too small :rolleyes:

you forgot to add steven gerrard :rolleyes: