IGNORED

Michael Owen

i don't know whether we'll get him or not, but my hunch is that he'll go to the highest bidder - and i doubt that'll be us judging by the stories of us having zilch (not used that word for about 15 years)

Where are these stories of us having "zilch"?????? And dont even say " Thats what it says in the papers"

Edited by DangerMouse

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought he'd proper piss Liverpool off by joining us, but joining Man United is going one step further than that

I just spat my tea all over the computer reading that. :lol:

Dunno about anyone else, but I would just love to see Owen go to ManUre. (Maybe they would let us have Rooney back at a cut price if they did......j/k )

Guest efctaxi

You have to think that Owen has just turned round to all the clubs that offered him a chance and said ' f u ' , United are interested now .

I hope we get Lorik , and he says hello to him in the first minute . :lol:

I hope the mancs sign him. He will not get many games, his team work vs Rooney would be embarrasing, simply put there is no way united would sign him as a first team option, to sell a few shirts and Carling cup yes, but they have better options already in macheda and welbeck, let alone berbatov and rooney. Can owen play up front alone? No, would het get in ahead of Rooney and Berbatov? No. United are also looking at Aguero so I believe it's a no go or a merchandice signing.

Just seen it on sky sports news. Owen has had a knee medical and is going to have a full medical today. He's on his way to Manchester as I type this. :(

Ah well just hope saha breaks his f*cking legs when we play united :D

Edited by EFC247

Very strange one. Can't see Owen making that much of an impact on their merchandising at all, and his playing opportunities will be very limited.

Maybe Ferguson just wants someone to talk to about the gee-gees :unsure: .

Don't understand it at all.

Very strange one. Can't see Owen making that much of an impact on their merchandising at all, and his playing opportunities will be very limited.

Maybe Ferguson just wants someone to talk to about the gee-gees :unsure: .

Don't understand it at all.

i dont, he got rid of Saha because of his injury record ,unlike Fergie to sign someone who is injury prone.is it true though?really cannot see this happening

Guest efctaxi

If Moyes wanted him , he's had long enough to get him .

I can only presume he didn't want him , or Owen didn't want us . Otherwise , we need to get in a new team to organise our transfers , as this so far has been a typical Everton transfer performance .

If Moyes wanted him , he's had long enough to get him .

I can only presume he didn't want him , or Owen didn't want us . Otherwise , we need to get in a new team to organise our transfers , as this so far has been a typical Everton transfer performance .

yeah your right in a way, but we have a good while still, to bring some names in, but it is starting to wind me up a bit the way were letting players get away, the worst one of all is jacobsen, he wouldnt have cost us nothing, and he still let him go, bearing in mind the total of matches we could actually be playing this season :angry:

I'm wondering whether SAF is using Owen as a way of playing hard ball with Athletico over Aguero, if he buys a recognised striker (historically) on a free, he is in a better position to negotiate as he will appear less desperate. Dunno, just can't work this one out. Play a 29 year old on the way out or play and develop Macheda or Wellbeck? Who I believe are better.

I think its a bit of shrewd business by Ferguson.

Owens talent isnt really in doubt the main concerns are about his fitness

Ferguson doesnt need a forward who can play fourty games a season they can afford to wrap him up in cotton wool and use him spairingly

I think if United get 20 games a season out of him they would be quite happy with that where as if we had signed him it would have been a bigger gamble because we would probably have needed to get more out of him especially seeing as though we already have Vaughney and Saha here who have similair injury problems

Im a bit dissapointed we didnt get him but I wont lose any sleep over it especailly if Moyse has got somebody else in mind

Owen will score a bag full of goals at United next season if he signs, it's a simple as that.

I was unsure over us signing him due to his injury record- it says on the bbc that in 4 years at Newcastle he started 65 games!!! However, he did also score 30 goals so, as mentioned by others, I don't think his ability to put the ball in the onion bag can be questioned. Newcastle are sh!t, he'd have got 1 or 2 chances a game for them and will get 5 or 6 at United.

Probably won't start every game, they don't need him to but he's not just there for "shirts and the Carling Cup". This move lifts his profile massively comong into World Cup year, SAF has always been a fan and he will score goals for them.

Macheda and Wellbeck are prospects but rumours are that Macheda is a billy big time and already things he's the finished article and Wellbeck may benefit from a year on loan, especially if Owen is finalised.

I'd try and get Wellbeck on loan myself :D

I looked at his youtube clips, there is a stark difference from the 18-22 year old to the one who had done his hamstrings in one too many times, add to that a bad knee injury and a good couple of kg's.

I think his goalscoring record was boosted by the fact he used to score braces and hat tricks in comfortable wins (plus pens which he was never great at) and then go a few games without registering. His goals to chances ratio was nothing major if I remember, certainly not in the same way torres or drogba punishes you, and his number of chances were more when he had the opportunity to outpace the last man after a gerrard pass.

Owen will score goals at united, in a team like that playing a poachers role it would be hard for any self respecting forward player not to. Owen is the last of a breed of forward, the Bob Latchford, Lineker, Cottee role where nothing other than being in the 6 yard box matters, leave the work for the midfielders and wingers, the harsh fact is the game has moved on, forwards are now expected to do more for the team which is why capello has left him out of the England squad. Having him at united will be like them having Andy Cole again.

I looked at his youtube clips, there is a stark difference from the 18-22 year old to the one who had done his hamstrings in one too many times, add to that a bad knee injury and a good couple of kg's.

I think his goalscoring record was boosted by the fact he used to score braces and hat tricks in comfortable wins (plus pens which he was never great at) and then go a few games without registering. His goals to chances ratio was nothing major if I remember, certainly not in the same way torres or drogba punishes you, and his number of chances were more when he had the opportunity to outpace the last man after a gerrard pass.

Owen will score goals at united, in a team like that playing a poachers role it would be hard for any self respecting forward player not to. Owen is the last of a breed of forward, the Bob Latchford, Lineker, Cottee role where nothing other than being in the 6 yard box matters, leave the work for the midfielders and wingers, the harsh fact is the game has moved on, forwards are now expected to do more for the team which is why capello has left him out of the England squad. Having him at united will be like them having Andy Cole again.

He will still walk straight back in to the England starting XI in the next World Cup

Guest efctaxi
Close it!

Signed and sealed for 2yrs at man.ure - shrewd by sir alex in my opinion.

We can't close it yet .

The lads need time to start the ' Kenwright out ' and ' Moyes needs a transfer brain ' posts . :lol:

Even though I wasn't personally 100% behind us getting Owen , there'll be lots who are disappointed as to why Everton let this opportunity slip by .

We can't close it yet .

The lads need time to start the ' Kenwright out ' and ' Moyes needs a transfer brain ' posts . :lol:

Even though I wasn't personally 100% behind us getting Owen , there'll be lots who are disappointed as to why Everton let this opportunity slip by .

I'd have liked him but I'm not sure he would have been great for us but I do believe he'll be a very good signing for man.ure. In an odd way I think he'll get more of a chance actually at them with the extra matches they play and their system, rather than ours.

Edit: Oh yeah almost forgot - KENWRIGHT OUT!!! :D (joking!)

Edited by c1982