IGNORED

Jose Antonio Reyes

I can't understand all this enthusiasm towards this guy .

Like I've previously said , just because he is Spanish doesn't make him better , and his goal scoring record is dire .

So what if he is only £4 million .

You can buy a car for £50 , but if it's junk yard scrap , it doesn't matter what name is on the badge .

He has already had a stint in the Prem , with a fantastic Arsenal at the time , and was nothing special , and we're talking about one of the best ever Premiership line ups the game has seen .

What makes you think that after struggling with his career , he will do well with Everton , who are not in the same class as that Arsenal team ?

Take a look at his stats : http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats...236&cc=5739

Why would Madrid have sent him to Benfica if he was any good , and in the same sentence , why would Benfica not want to keep him - IF HE WAS ANY GOOD ?

There are much better ways to spend £4 million , and I'd rather Moyes discovered them .

The same could have been said of Arteta Pienaar and co mate your point does not stand in football its been seen a million times a player be poor for one club then a hit at another we have a manager who's known for getting the best or close to out of his players, He was a good player at Arsenal so i dont know where that came from? and he was only at Real on loan and a club of their stature dont come in for players who are poor.

I dont see how he's Spanish has much to do with it either mate its more the fact we are absolute shite down the right and with Reyes we could switch Pienaar over and have two pacey wingers. If their are better players out there for £4m i would love to know who they are because you'll be paying that for low level Championship players these days.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi
my point is he cannot be as bad as you seem to make out,you seem to be unhappy with every player linked, very negative, so within a sensible price who would make you happy :D:D:D

It's not my job to find players for Everton . My job is to be negative about any player linked with us ......... untill they are signed . :lol:

Guest efctaxi
Taxi he's mainly a winger, his goalscoring record is fine for a winger. Certainly better than all our current wingers (including Arteta) from open play.

cole.jpg

Have you seen the comments for that article? Genius:-

Jesus wrote 10:27 AM 08 Jul, 2009Reply

Hi. Im jesus what do you people think you are doing making a game like football it sucks ass and if i found out who made this game im going to put a spear straight though his head and jose antonio reyes is going to join benfica trust me im jesus and if you dont belive me im going to get my dad god to tell you so shut it

God wrote 10:36 AM 08 Jul, 2009Reply

Jesus. What have I told you about talking sh1te !!

or we could just buy a right winger and leave pienaar and baines as they are :)

Its a great partnership but Pienaar is right footed and has to cut inside quite abit which makes it harder work so logically a left footer on the left would work alot better and Pienaar would work even better down the right if we bring in Naughton who is pacey and vvice versa with Baines.

pienaar cuts in on the right and looks to put a cross in as baines overlaps and pienaar slips the ball through with his right. seen that many times and it is very effective i think. teams dont know what to expect when he cuts in and you got baines sprinting down the outside. id leave it alone personally no need to change something that works well

Agree, but if you are getting Reyes for 4 million you will not get a right winger of his quality for that price, plus whats to say Naughton and Peanuts cant form a partnership down the right?

I kind of agree with this a bit..... Id like to see Pienaar stick to the left side.... playing 4-5-1 you need your "wide" players to have the ability to cut inside and offer some support further in field..... Id be worried that if he went out on the right he might just get lost out on the touchline... and then being a little fella he would just get muscled out of the game......

If its not broken dont fix it......

All the fantasy football permuations are great fun. The fact is it gives us tactical options with a very good players. I just have 1 question What are the chances of us signing him?

For the record I very much hope we do!

Chances of us signing him? No chance in my eyes, he's already stated he didnt like England, he'll stay in Spain or move to Portugal IMO.

I kind of agree with this a bit..... Id like to see Pienaar stick to the left side.... playing 4-5-1 you need your "wide" players to have the ability to cut inside and offer some support further in field..... Id be worried that if he went out on the right he might just get lost out on the touchline... and then being a little fella he would just get muscled out of the game......

If its not broken dont fix it......

Maybe Reyes on the right then to cut in like Peanuts does? Still think he will be a great signing for us even though I cant see it happening

• 5 months later...