IGNORED

Jose Antonio Reyes

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a year ago i'd have said yes, but having seen him for SLB i don't think so. talented player but he's lost his way.

Not seen him for Benfica at all, he may have lost his way but if he could find it again £4m would be a steal.

Wasn't the same being said of Pienaar when we signed him?

Not seen him for Benfica at all, he may have lost his way but if he could find it again £4m would be a steal.

Wasn't the same being said of Pienaar when we signed him?

little bit different though, pienaar was unhappy his teammates didn't get on with him and stuff. reyes is decent but I don't think he's good enough he's nowhere near as talented as Di Maria IMO. I don't think he'll be available for 4mil either.

Never been a fan and every club he moves to he seems to take a step backwards in terms of his own ability, and he's been playing for some pretty damn good teams. He's racking up a decent cv, but his ability is waining quickly. No from me, plus i cant see him being available for £4m, and his wages would also be an issue i think.

i thought he looked quality at arse, he has took a big dip in form/ability by all reports though. saying that form can be turned around by the right environment, training and team mates. the last two i would say yes, finch farm, sippin back sangria with micky, but on the first though not so sure, he said he was homesick when he played in england last time and this could all happen again.

another thought, could we do a loan with option to buy deal? a try before we buy type thing has worked well with other foreign players at everton and seams like the way moysey likes to do business. as he has been on loan last season and can't get a game at atletico could this be on the cards?

I think it's time for a Moyes special, season long loan 75% wages, £4m if we want to keep him. If he regains what he was, then he's a £10-£15m pound player - was certainly a big fixture in Arsenals unbeaten season, way I look at it, pay the wages that we had on VDM - nothing to lose!

Guest efctaxi

If the guy was called Jim Smith from Battersea , we'd all be saying he doesn't score enough ..... no thanks .

Add dark hair , and a fancy Spanish name , and we'll settle for him ?

Edited by efctaxi

i would have him if hsi value is 4mil which i don't think it is. Pure paper talk by the looks of things. I think he would do well at everton personally. And yes he was homesick but he was living in london, a busy city, he may prefer it up north were its slightly more laid back :)

I would also take a good look on him, if the price is said only 4M. That kind of price we could easily get him when reselling, if he doesnt find his best form. At least he would find another job, so 4M aint even a gamble. If he find his form really good for us, if hes not, he will find another job and we can sell him. At his best his way much more valuable than 4M, that sounds actually a steal. Dunno what happened on atletico, he were so good on arsenal.

Guest efctaxi

I can't understand all this enthusiasm towards this guy .

Like I've previously said , just because he is Spanish doesn't make him better , and his goal scoring record is dire .

So what if he is only £4 million .

You can buy a car for £50 , but if it's junk yard scrap , it doesn't matter what name is on the badge .

He has already had a stint in the Prem , with a fantastic Arsenal at the time , and was nothing special , and we're talking about one of the best ever Premiership line ups the game has seen .

What makes you think that after struggling with his career , he will do well with Everton , who are not in the same class as that Arsenal team ?

Take a look at his stats : http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats...236&cc=5739

Why would Madrid have sent him to Benfica if he was any good , and in the same sentence , why would Benfica not want to keep him - IF HE WAS ANY GOOD ?

There are much better ways to spend £4 million , and I'd rather Moyes discovered them .

I can't understand all this enthusiasm towards this guy .

Like I've previously said , just because he is Spanish doesn't make him better , and his goal scoring record is dire .

So what if he is only £4 million .

You can buy a car for £50 , but if it's junk yard scrap , it doesn't matter what name is on the badge .

He has already had a stint in the Prem , with a fantastic Arsenal at the time , and was nothing special , and we're talking about one of the best ever Premiership line ups the game has seen .

What makes you think that after struggling with his career , he will do well with Everton , who are not in the same class as that Arsenal team ?

Take a look at his stats : http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats...236&cc=5739

Why would Madrid have sent him to Benfica if he was any good , and in the same sentence , why would Benfica not want to keep him - IF HE WAS ANY GOOD ?

There are much better ways to spend £4 million , and I'd rather Moyes discovered them .

played for Real madrid, Arsenal Benfica, Spain,yes it does appear he has played for some right junk teams,he has also scored more goals than Pienar,!!

Guest efctaxi
played for Real madrid, Arsenal Benfica, Spain,yes it does appear he has played for some right junk teams,he has also scored more goals than Pienar,!!

Not sure what your point is to be honest .

Regardless of which teams he has played for , he hasn't set the world alight at any of them .

And as for scoring more goals than Pienaar , so has Gosling , Cahill , Fellaini , Osman , Arteta , Lescott , Jo , and Yakubu .

Would you swap Reyes for Pienaar ?

People here didn't want Owen on a free , and yet they would pay £4 mill ( minimum ) for a guy unfit to clean Owens boots by comparison .

For me , this is a waste of good money in the hope that a player can turn it around for Everton , when he couldn't do it for those teams mentioned .

Not sure what your point is to be honest .

Regardless of which teams he has played for , he hasn't set the world alight at any of them .

And as for scoring more goals than Pienaar , so has Gosling , Cahill , Fellaini , Osman , Arteta , Lescott , Jo , and Yakubu .

Would you swap Reyes for Pienaar ?

People here didn't want Owen on a free , and yet they would pay £4 mill ( minimum ) for a guy unfit to clean Owens boots by comparison .

For me , this is a waste of good money in the hope that a player can turn it around for Everton , when he couldn't do it for those teams mentioned .

my point is he cannot be as bad as you seem to make out,you seem to be unhappy with every player linked, very negative, so within a sensible price who would make you happy :D:D:D