IGNORED

Jose Antonio Reyes

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why ?? Reyes has flopped badly everywhere he has been since he left Arsenal thats why he keeps getting moved on

How can you question me about Reyes when you put this on the Fernandes thread.......

"To be fair he was injured the second time he came back and then couldnt get a regular game for us but as soon as he got a few games under his belt he started to get back to his old self

I think it would be a great move he knows the club and knows the Prem and he would be keen as mustard with it being a World Cup year"

Fernandes cant get into a 1st team wherever he goes, so is he also a flop. ??

But the clue to my Reyes post was the opening line --- "he would be a gimmie on loan" ;)

How can you question me about Reyes when you put this on the Fernandes thread.......

To be fair he was injured the second time he came back and then couldnt get a regular game for us but as soon as he got a few games under his belt he started to get back to his old self

I think it would be a great move he knows the club and knows the Prem and he would be keen as mustard with it being a World Cup year"

Fernandes cant get into a 1st team wherever he goes, so is he also a flop. ??

But the clue to my Reyes post was the opening line --- "he would be a gimmie on loan" ;)

Quite easily!

I didnt say he wasnt worth looking at I am just questioning your saying he will walk into our team ahead of Felli Cahill and Ossie

With regerds to Ferandes he was a regular starter for Valencia before he broke his leg and only being kept out of the side now because of the good form of Ever Banega, he was a regular in his first loan for us and he was a regular for Pompey so I would say that means he isnt a flop and I have no idea what makes you think he cant get into the 1st team wherever he goes

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

"I didnt say he wasnt worth looking at I am just questioning your saying he will walk into our team ahead of Felli Cahill and Ossie"

Thats already a possibility without Reyes once Arteta and Neville are fit again, as i have put elsewhere on the forum.

Pienaar .. Arteta .. Neville .. ---- ? ----- .. Bilyaletinov, you then have Hietanga, Rodwell, Fellaini, Osman, and Cahill all fighting for the one remaining spot if its a 4-5-1, if its a 4-4-2 then they all miss out. :D

But that midfield is only my opinion. ;)

"I didnt say he wasnt worth looking at I am just questioning your saying he will walk into our team ahead of Felli Cahill and Ossie"

Thats already a possibility without Reyes once Arteta and Neville are fit again, as i have put elsewhere on the forum.

Pienaar .. Arteta .. Neville .. ---- ? ----- .. Bilyaletinov, you then have Hietanga, Rodwell, Fellaini, Osman, and Cahill all fighting for the one remaining spot if its a 4-5-1, if its a 4-4-2 then they all miss out. :D

But that midfield is only my opinion. ;)

Thats besides the point I was questioning you saying Reyes would get in before them

I think Bill is saying that if Reyes regains the form he had for the gunners, he would beat out Ossie, Felli and Cahill. For me, that is a no brainer. As much as I love those three, pre-Spain Reyes would be a dream come true for this club. But, if he doesn't find that form, he'd still be a fantastic back-up.

I dont really know about this tbh. If he was cheap and wages werent an issue then why not. However he wasnt actually that good at Arsenal, especially towards the end of his stay. As someone pointed out, it was a quality Arsenal side that were scoring for fun and he wasnt exactly prolific, but thats not to say he cant be somewhere else.

One thing I would say about Reyes is that I dont think he would have the work rate for a team like ours. Our wingers need to track back and do well defensively and he has never been this IMO.

Id certainly only go for him on loan for now, let him prove his worth...

• 3 weeks later...