IGNORED

Burnley (Home)

dutchsupporter

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11th in the league certainly looks a lot better than 14th.

Only one behind sunderland now with a game in hand over them.

it's like we're the best worst team around now (instead of just gunnin' to get that 4th spot in the bottom half and a spot in the UEFA's new competition...the Second Half In Table Cup) :P

Another frustrating game where we made plenty of chances but just couldn't score but along came Vaughny an showed them how to put it in the back of the net. I agree with Fairwooney on Pienaar he has to many shots that just balloon over the bar! But that finish at the end was top class! Hope this is are kick on in the season now we needed that win so badly even if it was a side like Burnley. Lets hope we can carry on playing the way we are and can start getting are shots in the back of the net! COYB!

I thought good games from everyone today, just lacked the finish.The result was deserved, Burnley looked dangerous on the break, but that was all.Class wise we are streets ahead, they do shut down well though credit to them for that!

Vaughan will always be dangerous and if he can keep fit will score.The Yak needs to be playing in a team that creates for him numerous chances, then he will score.

Some of our passing today was excellent, Pienaar never stops running and what a nice finish.surely a team with Yak, Pienaar, Vaughan, Bily, Cahill and Fellaini in will score plenty of goals when the confidence returns.Arsenal could stop it returning, or we could play some great football and snatch it, would we be happy with one of those old draws we've been getting?

Well done Everton!

Just got back M6 was terrible after being in the Elm for a bit, nice to celebrate a win!! Thought Hietinga was good today but MOM Pienaar by a mile not quite sure how Yak missed that one in the first half and dont think he is fit to wear the shirt at the mo did not look interested hopefully just not 100% and ANC will sharpen him up if not and that is him for the season then he needs to be sold.

Well thank fuck we finally turned domination into 3 points! We didn't play as well as we have done recently but we got the job done. I was worried we wouldn't because we kept fluffing the final ball and even though Burnley were poor they probably looked more likely to score. IMO, Moyes' negative tactics very nearly cost us yesterday. I felt when Cahill got injured that that was the time to bring Vaughan on, we were absolutely crying out for a bit of pace and pressure play upfront against Burnley. Failing that, he should've brought him on as soon as they went down to 10 men. Vaughan showed why either of those scenarios should have happened when he finally did get on; it was his direct run with the ball that put Burnley under pressure and we scored about a minute later. Now that Cahill's injured I just hope he doesn't push Fellaini forward into that role, he's looked really good at DM and I'd much rather see Bily behind the striker tbh.

Because of the tightness of the league things don't look so bad position wise and if we win our game in hand we go above Sunderland :).

Howard - While we were fluffing our lines in the first half he was keeping us in the game with a few brilliant saves.

Hibbert - Apart from his final ball being crap he had a good game and most of the time he was on Bily's wavelength to link up well with him.

Neill - He had a decent game. He didn't do anything that particularly stood out but he did his job well.

Heitinga - CB is definitely his position. He's an absolute rock back there. Getting his toe to that ball at full stretch is what swayed me to give him my MOTM vote. I liked the way he clapped the whole ground at the final whistle. I can't wait to see him and Jags together.

Baines - Stay away from the set-pieces please Leighton, they're shite.

Bily - Even though he was in and out of the game I thought that he had one of his better games for us. At times his passing looked a bit wayward but I think that was more to do with some players (*cough* Cahill) not being on his wavelength than anything.

Osman - A bit of a quiet afternoon for Ossie I thought. I don't recall him doing anything wrong but I don't remember him doing much of note either.

Fellaini - Not as good as he has been recently but he had a very solid game.

Pienaar - Showed a phenomenal work rate as usual and was like a buzzing bee but his decision making at times left a lot to be desired.

Cahill - What the hell is wrong with him? Nowadays he's more interested in winning fouls than actually getting on with the game. He was totally ineffective for us yesterday and may as well have not been playing. If he's out for a couple of games then I hope it does him good.

Yakubu - I feel conflicting emotions after his game yesterday. I'm torn between wanting to strangle him for being a diving, lazy, crap finisher and wanting to applaud him for some great hold-up play (occasionally), and a great pass to set up Pienaar. He's such a frustrating player!