IGNORED

Moutinho

I disagree.

To me it sounds like the coach doesn't want his player to leave but his player WANTS to leave so is heaping praise on him:

"One thing I can guarantee: the footballer was brought through the ranks at Sporting and has all the affection of the board."

"We love him and want him to stay at Alvalade. Will he keep the captain’s armband? You already know the answer."

I think he is on the way.

Personally I don't think we've seen the end of it yet. Look at what the president is actually saying;

He told the Portuguese media: "The subject of Joao Moutinho is closed.

"If there is any real news then the club will speak, but until now there have only been rumours in the papers.

"We do not have an offer from Everton on the table."

To me he is saying that he doesn't want to talk the media about the situation becasue there is nothing to talk about, if Everton make a bid then he will have something to say, but as of yet there is no media so there is no story.

This story won't go away for awhile yet, if we don't get him this window we will be linked with him next window, and the window after that, until he finally leaves sporting...

I'm not saying we will sign him becasue fuck knows what will happen, but the story is far from dead yet IMO

Edited by jamiemaher85

no Blue4Ever i think this one will come of but i dont belive all that stuff like my mates dad...etc

thats sound then mate, im not someone who would try and get everyones hopes up on stuff like that but he did actually say that.

We need to get an offer in for moutinho and soon.

Think its about 19.7 M, but dont know if thats pounds or euro's, which had to be taken up before mid july, after that the club is under no obligationl to accept a lower offer, but then again if the player turns around and says he does'nt want to play for them and wants to leave, its a case of do you keep an unhappy player or sell for what you can get.

Think its about 19.7 M, but dont know if thats pounds or euro's, which had to be taken up before mid july, after that the club is under no obligationl to accept a lower offer, but then again if the player turns around and says he does'nt want to play for them and wants to leave, its a case of do you keep an unhappy player or sell for what you can get.

Last i heard it was in euros

It's about £15.5m - surely we can stretch to that if he really is our no.1 target and one of the best midfieldrs in europe.

Reports in portugal though are saying we've bid £16.5m which I doubt if his mimimum release is less.

If £15.5m got him i'm hoping we'd stil have £10m+ to spend afterwrds...get me Cana (i'd be just as happy)!

Hi, guys.

Just wanted to clarify a few things 4 you, since you're obviously under quite a few misconceptions.

Firstly, João's release clause is 25 million euros, or ~19 million 600 thousand £. Also, that release clause has expired with regards to this season, meaning we will only sell him if we want to, regarding of value offered.

Secondly, the new offer EFC made (acording to a few media) is well shy of that, roughly 13£ million, so I highly doubt we'll accept that one either..

Thirdly, and most importantly, and not to offend you guys or anything, João said he wanted to leave SCP, not join EFC, and the reasons behind that are because his family has incurred in some financial problems of late, and he needs/wants to solve them.

JM is a good boy, an excelent professional, and he's been forgiven by most of us, since we can relate to his situation, and we truly care for him as a captain and simbol of our club.

So you should take that into account, and start to look elsewhere for solutions, since it is very much a closed dossier on our part, especially with the values you guys are offering. for the 1st time in quite a few years, we have no need to sell players to sustain our budget, so the time for easy pickings and bargain deals is over, as far as we're concerned.

Gluck to you guys.

Hi, guys.

Just wanted to clarify a few things 4 you, since you're obviously under quite a few misconceptions.

Firstly, João's release clause is 25 million euros, or ~19 million 600 thousand £. Also, that release clause has expired with regards to this season, meaning we will only sell him if we want to, regarding of value offered.

Secondly, the new offer EFC made (acording to a few media) is well shy of that, roughly 13£ million, so I highly doubt we'll accept that one either..

Thirdly, and most importantly, and not to offend you guys or anything, João said he wanted to leave SCP, not join EFC, and the reasons behind that are because his family has incurred in some financial problems of late, and he needs/wants to solve them.

JM is a good boy, an excelent professional, and he's been forgiven by most of us, since we can relate to his situation, and we truly care for him as a captain and simbol of our club.

So you should take that into account, and start to look elsewhere for solutions, since it is very much a closed dossier on our part, especially with the values you guys are offering. for the 1st time in quite a few years, we have no need to sell players to sustain our budget, so the time for easy pickings and bargain deals is over, as far as we're concerned.

Gluck to you guys.

Sounds like you're getting scared, looks like he's on his way out

Every player has his price, plus no disrespect to the portuguese league this is the premiership, the prem is the place to be. We are the highest placed team who can offer JM a place to play every week and develop further. To me, it's just a matter of money. Fair play to Sporting, they have churned out some real talent, we wish you well, but we want your captain.

Every player has his price, plus no disrespect to the portuguese league this is the premiership, the prem is the place to be. We are the highest placed team who can offer JM a place to play every week and develop further. To me, it's just a matter of money. Fair play to Sporting, they have churned out some real talent, we wish you well, but we want your captain.

You want him, pay for him. Has for developing, he develops enough here. he started on EVERY SINGLE GAME last season. that's over 50 matches played, league, league cup, cup and champions league.

Talent costs, mate. and sounds to me like you can't afford him.

You want him, pay for him. Has for developing, he develops enough here. he started on EVERY SINGLE GAME last season. that's over 50 matches played, league, league cup, cup and champions league.

When he gets to Goodison what number shall he have, mate. Sporting have churned out some talent, but the best come to the premiership

I think we can, quality costs money I agree, and hopefully a deal right for both parties is met. Put things into perspective in current climate a £16m bid would be more than fair. I for one feel the sentiments of clubs being able to hold onto players. We lost Rooney, didn't want to sell him, he wanted to go and then we had to sell. Same applies, it's rough and tough but it's the way it is. SP have some real quality players and you will do well to keep them away from the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd, liedson and veloso for example. As a side note it does however make me laugh that Real only bid £8m for Van Der Vart

I think we can, quality costs money I agree, and hopefully a deal right for both parties is met. Put things into perspective in current climate a £16m bid would be more than fair. I for one feel the sentiments of clubs being able to hold onto players. We lost Rooney, didn't want to sell him, he wanted to go and then we had to sell. Same applies, it's rough and tough but it's the way it is. SP have some real quality players and you will do well to keep them away from the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd, liedson and veloso for example. As a side note it does however make me laugh that Real only bid £8m for Van Der Vart

I totally aggre. If you feel like that about Rooney, imagine how we feel about Figo, Quaresma, Nani, and oh yeah, Cristiano Ronaldo...

Trust me, mate, I know that feeling well, I've lived with it for a very long time. The thing is, this year, as i said, for the 1st time, we don't NEED to sell in order to keep our head above the line. that makes things quite different. I don't deny that he would leave for a fair offer, but your president's latest offer of £13m isn't it.

I have little doubt that he will leave, eventually. and Miguel Veloso, and so many others. It's the country we live in, and the wages we can pay that force this, BUT, however, we dont' give freebies. ;)

Anyways, from what i've read in the last few days, you guys need quite a few signings, so ask yourself, can you really afford to spend so much on one (excelent, no doubt) player, when you need many others as well?

I think his English is too perfect to be a foreigner, i think sporting4ever is a wind up merchant, mate.

Have you ever heard a foreigner calling anyone mate. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol. i am portuguese, trust me. this is what too much mmorpg does to ppl :D

Besides, 've been traveling since i was a (very) young boy, and english is truly my second language. and maybe it's also cuz im majoring in translation/interpretation too ;)

No need, i wouldnt know portugese from dutch. Welcome to the forum Sporting4. :)

Nunca se sabe...(you never know)

And thanks, nice to be here.

BTW, what are your needs, reinforcement wise?

Cuz there's a ball club up in Porto, named Boavista, usually the 4th or 5th in the league regularly, that got sentenced to relegation because of game-fixes, and it's quite possible they'll close doors. they're down in tons of debt, players leaving with wages behind, and i there's quite a few interesting players on their roster, and i'm sure they'll go anywhere at this point. just thought i'd mention it...

Edited by Sporting4ever

Hi, guys.

Gluck to you guys.

Sounds like a Kopite gelous of us possibly signing one of the best youngsters I have seen in a long time... Probably just got the ã for João on a website.

'Nunca se sabe...(you never know)' We've all heard of google translator mate but if I am wrong then i fear we will not be getting Mouthino.

Edited by Josh Berno