IGNORED

Moutinho

When we sell Fellaini. :D

I hope your messing mate, he's only been here for a few months and he's 4th or something in are MOTM thread that proves he's a good player, id have him before moutinho, he isnt getting a chance with Arteta in the middle, when he did play there it was probably are best performance of the season.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I hope your messing mate, he's only been here for a few months and he's 4th or something in are MOTM thread that proves he's a good player, id have him before moutinho, he isnt getting a chance with Arteta in the middle, when he did play there it was probably are best performance of the season.

Damn, all these managers are missing a trick. They should check our polls before buying anyone.

Damn, all these managers are missing a trick. They should check our polls before buying anyone.

the point is that he walks into are first 11 when he's fit and he looks one of the best players when we play him in his position, maybe he hasnt proved to be worth 15 million in 2 months but Nugent cant prove he's worth 4 million at portsmouth for 2 seasons so that shows your great at judging players.

Edited by Blue4Ever

the point is that he walks into are first 11 when he's fit and he looks one of the best players when we play him in his position, maybe he hasnt proved to be worth 15 million in 2 months but Nugent cant prove he's worth 4 million at portsmouth for 2 seasons so that shows your great at judging players.

what is his position? he's not a defensive mid...can't tackle. that's his preferred position and he's not very good at it.

he's 4th, or whatever, in the poll fair enough but that's not to say he's class just that other people perhaps haven't been playing well. don't dismiss bias either because with the wigs, him being foreign and him being our record signing everyone wants him to be great and love him. he's been alright but i can't see anything about him that is, or will be, a £15 million player. with a fully fit midfield would he start? you could make a case for yes but neville cahill and arteta I'd say are all ahead of him when we've got atleast 1 striker fit. if rodwell continues to improve and come through as well then what? there's a post on nsno about how some people think he was a waste of a vast amount of money and i can't help but agree with them...and EW bizzarely.

LMAO so you ran out of arguments why Fellaini is good and turned to why another player (completely different) is NOT good. I like your argument, holds a lot of merit. *Insert sarcastic emoticon here*

what is his position? he's not a defensive mid...can't tackle. that's his preferred position and he's not very good at it.

he's 4th, or whatever, in the poll fair enough but that's not to say he's class just that other people perhaps haven't been playing well. don't dismiss bias either because with the wigs, him being foreign and him being our record signing everyone wants him to be great and love him. he's been alright but i can't see anything about him that is, or will be, a £15 million player. with a fully fit midfield would he start? you could make a case for yes but neville cahill and arteta I'd say are all ahead of him when we've got atleast 1 striker fit. if rodwell continues to improve and come through as well then what? there's a post on nsno about how some people think he was a waste of a vast amount of money and i can't help but agree with them...and EW bizzarely.

What do you mean? We always agree on things don't we? :D:P

Edited by StevO

Moyes highlighted we lacked height last season hence we didn't get to see baines much with moyes wanting the extra height from jags, lescott and yobo - moyes addressed this by signing fellaini. I like fellaini, he's looked off the pace at times and we paid over the odds but he's played an important role this season and will continue to do so - he's 21, there's a lot more to come!

I bet other teams would still pay £15m for the chap.

I like felli, he has the same hair doo as myself. Well maybe nopt exactly the same but not far off.

He has come to a foreign country at a young age with alot of expectation on his shoulders and has managed it admirably. He started slow but has got into the groove of things. And would he start with a fully fit midfield? I think so.

Osman Arteta Fellaini Pienaar

Cahill

For me felli is a goal threat, good in the air, plays it simple. He may not do any Maradonna turns but he is a good asset to the squad. Nothing wrong with getting the ball and playing it simple.

Guest efctaxi
I like felli, he has the same hair doo as myself. Well maybe nopt exactly the same but not far off.

He has come to a foreign country at a young age with alot of expectation on his shoulders and has managed it admirably. He started slow but has got into the groove of things. And would he start with a fully fit midfield? I think so.

Osman Arteta Fellaini Pienaar

Cahill

For me felli is a goal threat, good in the air, plays it simple. He may not do any Maradonna turns but he is a good asset to the squad. Nothing wrong with getting the ball and playing it simple.

I had you down more as a Frank Rikard kind of guy :P

article-0-020DFF43000004B0-203_468x370.jpg

But wtf is the point of it...

"Everton could renew their interest in Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Moutinho after learning Mikel Arteta will be out for the rest of the season." (Daily Mail)

....what's the possible connection between the two parts of that?

DM....thinks..."Oh no...Mikel's out for the season, what shall we do? I know, I'll buy Moutinho :) ! What transfer window :huh: ?"

I play FM2009.I know computer game is not equal to life. But the game does reflect something,doenst it? I would say most information from its database can be used as reference but i am a big believer of that.

Moutinho to me is certainly overpriced and if filtering in the game, we will find quite a bunch of people of his calibre with less money than his club is asking.

I think we should look elsewhere or snatch him up at a real bargin price. Dont be next CITY.

I play FM2009.I know computer game is not equal to life. But the game does reflect something,doenst it? I would say most information from its database can be used as reference but i am a big believer of that.

Moutinho to me is certainly overpriced and if filtering in the game, we will find quite a bunch of people of his calibre with less money than his club is asking.

I think we should look elsewhere or snatch him up at a real bargin price. Dont be next CITY.

I find my self saying this almost hourly....

WE NEED PACE!

I find my self saying this almost hourly....

WE NEED PACE!

jofanon i completely agree, but i think the Moutinho argument is that Arteta is out for a minimum of 9 months, so DM is going to try and get someone in like-for-like. Moutinho is better that Mikel was at that age. He's an international starter with critics acclaim. Moutinho wouldn't be a temporary solution, we are talking investment, long term! In theory, Arteta would become the master and Moutinho his prodigey (can't spell)...but i think we would potentially have one of the brightest footballing talents in the world!? Sporting4ever will tell you, he works his socks off for 90+ minutes and hates losing the ball...sound like the Everton etho anyone!? :)

Yeah Sporting want a little bit too much for him, that we can't afford freely...but we'd be the same!? If Arteta was fit, and still producing the form we've seen recently and a club with money came in, i wouldn't like to see him goin for any less than £18 mil!?

Pace we need...but in a differnt department . ATM we need a creative, working force and in that respect, i think Moutinho would be the guy. I maybe wrong but i think he'd light the prem up!? Obinna's a good shout again, tho for right wing, performances for Inter this term havn't been too shabby eh ;)

Edited by tenaciousj

jofanon i completely agree, but i think the Moutinho argument is that Arteta is out for a minimum of 9 months, so DM is going to try and get someone in like-for-like. Moutinho is better that Mikel was at that age. He's an international starter with critics acclaim. Moutinho wouldn't be a temporary solution, we are talking investment, long term! In theory, Arteta would become the master and Moutinho his prodigey (can't spell)...but i think we would potentially have one of the brightest footballing talents in the world!? Sporting4ever will tell you, he works his socks off for 90+ minutes and hates losing the ball...sound like the Everton etho anyone!? :)

Yeah Sporting want a little bit too much for him, that we can't afford freely...but we'd be the same!? If Arteta was fit, and still producing the form we've seen recently and a club with money came in, i wouldn't like to see him goin for any less than £18 mil!?

Pace we need...but in a differnt department . ATM we need a creative, working force and in that respect, i think Moutinho would be the guy. I maybe wrong but i think he'd light the prem up!? Obinna's a good shout again, tho for right wing, performances for Inter this term havn't been too shabby eh ;)

My opinion on this is pretty devided at the moment... I don't want to lose him, but we have new kids that aren't getting enough 1st team football, and that hurts their progression. Also, next season, we're probably gonna have a new board, and maybe a new coach (*crosses fingers*), so I don't even know what their priorities are gonna be...

Personally, I'd prefer to sell Miguel Veloso, we have more solutions there, and I think he needs to move on, but soon we'll have others..

Edited by Sporting4ever

Don't understand why Moutinho is a like for like replacement, I don't think replacement enters into it at all. I think it's more about giving ourselves strength in depth....if we had Moutinho when Arteta got injured we would still have a top drawer player in the middle of the park. The fact is that we should have 2 players for every position on the field, which we do have in most areas, and it outlines where our strengths and weknesses are:

Howard...Nash - I haven't seen Nash play so I can't say either way whether he's a good backup but Howard is rarely injured so I don't see it as a problem

Hibbert...Jacobsen - Again, haven't see him play but he's a first-team international so he can't be all bad...

Jags...Yobo - Nuff said.

Lescott...? - We need another CB as back-up, doesn't have to be of the same quality, maybe a youngster we could field in early cup games, but we need back-up nonetheless.

Baines...Valente - Definately need cover here, I don't ever want to see Lescott at LB again. It would be nice to get another player in of Baines' quality as back-up.

Neville...Rodwell - Rodders will come along in the next couple of seasons and I think a natural replacement to what Pip is doing at the moment. Nev has got a few more years left, and Rodwell will probably be around 21 when Neville quits.

Osman...Gosling - Both can play on the wide but cut in a lot and if Gosling works on his mid-range shooting he could be a world-beater. He's brilliant at holding up the ball and making jinking runs, again a natural replacement.

Pienaar...Van Der Meyde - Shandy will be gone by summer and we desperately need a left-sided midfielder/winger. Someone with bags of pace and good at crossing. Not a lot to ask really...

Arteta...Castillo - Obviously Casti is not capable of teh same things as Arteta but I think we've misjudged what he does a little bit. I can see Casti being a box to box player when his fitness is up and he's in form, tackling and breaking up attacks at our end and edge of the box passing and shooting the other end. He probably won't stay here so another person in for Arteta's competition is a must, with Moutinho being the best possible candidate IMHO....

Cahill...Fellaini - Arguably, that's what he was brought in for, even if it's not what he does naturally. Even so both will play when available and both are very good in the air, although without Cahill we don't have as much tenacity in the final third...

Yakubu...Saha - If he can stay fit, which he can't, but if he can, he's as good a substitute as we could hope for really, and I'm sure if he does stay fit now he'll bang in a few goals...

Vaughan...Jo - I sincerely hope Jo can keep up the form from the bolton game, and I think playing with Cahill made a difference, as they linked up very well, I'd love to see him stay here...but I doubt he will

So, overall, in the summer I'd personally say we need:

A Center-back

A Left Back

A Central Midfielder

A Left Midfielder/Winger

A Center Forward

judging by the players at the moment, it's highly possible Castillo, Van der Meyde, Jo and Valente won't be with us next year, so these areas will need new players anyway, so I can't see the harm in getting a player like Moutinho in at all.

Edited by The Regulator

we don't need another centre back, 3 is fine and the idea is that rodwell will become one too

need - defensive mid, creative centre mid (back-up for mikky, maybe a younger player), atleast one winger and a striker. left back is ok because of lescott but we could use back-up, i'd like mattock but he'd cost a bit

oh and osman/gosling = not good enough

Edited by CraccerC

we don't need another centre back, 3 is fine and the idea is that rodwell will become one too

need - defensive mid, creative centre mid (back-up for mikky, maybe a younger player), atleast one winger and a striker. left back is ok because of lescott but we could use back-up, i'd like mattock but he'd cost a bit

oh and osman/gosling = not good enough

osmans not in are best 11 but he's a quility back up player, and wud get in most teams startin 11s below us.

goslings still young and has showed alot of potential imo, and i dont jus mean the goal against l'pool, he's had quite a few scorin oppotunities which he's done well to get into jus needs to take his chances better, has created a fair bit as well.

osmans not in are best 11 but he's a quility back up player, and wud get in most teams startin 11s below us.

goslings still young and has showed alot of potential imo, and i dont jus mean the goal against l'pool, he's had quite a few scorin oppotunities which he's done well to get into jus needs to take his chances better, has created a fair bit as well.

Since when are we that good that osman isn't a starting player? He's been a workhorse for us for years and backed out a few goals as well. He's hit a poor run of form recently but he's good enough for us, and I don't think we have a squad we're he's really not as good as the other "starters". Every player has his faults, Osman more often than not makes up for his.

i agree with pete, osman is a back-up player and agood one if we are to drive ourselves forward and keep competing for the top 5. good player but just not that good of a player. it was only 18 months ago that he couldn't get a game when we had manny and arteta was out wide...does it mean we've gone backwards considering how important he is at the moment? has he improved? i'd say no on both accounts, he's the same player and we play a different style and formation now, but i do think it's a sign of us perhaps not pushing forwards. this ofcourse is another issue and feeds back into the investment issue

i agree with pete, osman is a back-up player and agood one if we are to drive ourselves forward and keep competing for the top 5. good player but just not that good of a player. it was only 18 months ago that he couldn't get a game when we had manny and arteta was out wide...does it mean we've gone backwards considering how important he is at the moment? has he improved? i'd say no on both accounts, he's the same player and we play a different style and formation now, but i do think it's a sign of us perhaps not pushing forwards. this ofcourse is another issue and feeds back into the investment issue

Good post. I agree exactly with what you are saying.

• 3 weeks later...