IGNORED

Lescott

Geeze, what I am saying is when you are on 40k a week and your fellow internationals are on over double that wouldn't you feel inferior and be tempted to double your money?

Not every player is money crazy, let's be honest the reason why the players you have signed is for one reason, MONEY; no other reason FACT. They can come out and say they want to win things, bollocks, they want more cash. Look at the players you tried to sign, Kaka and Eto'o both went 'get stuffed we'd rather play for a proper team', hopefully Lescott will do the same and stay here

Edited by Chris the Blue

Not every player is money crazy, let's be honest the reason why the players you have signed is for one reason, MONEY;

You don't say? It is hardly to play alongside Benjani is it? Aren't you clever.*sigh* Now there is more of a prospect than money now that top players have come.

Both Eto'o and Kaka deals collapsed on the money front ¬¬

The Kaka deal collapsed on the sponsorship/ownership rights or something and Eto'o was taking the piss quite frankly when it ccame to what money he was going to get, he actually seems to be quite the pain in the ass that Barce make him out to be. If they were that much against it they would have come out on day 1 and said no. Both deals dragged on for weeks...

Edited by cityfan

You don't say? It is hardly to play alongside Benjani is it? Aren't you clever.*sigh* Now there is more of a prospect than money now top players have come.

Rather have players who want to be here rather than a bunch a mercs just after an over inflated pay packet, must be a nice warm feeling knowing that the only reason players sign is for the cash. As for the infantile remark about my intelligence, yes i am, thank you for the compliment.

You don't say? It is hardly to play alongside Benjani is it? Aren't you clever.*sigh* Now there is more of a prospect than money now top players have come.

Rather have players who want to be here rather than a bunch a mercs just after an over inflated pay packet, must be a nice warm feeling knowing that the only reason players sign is for the cash. As for the infantile remark about my intelligence, yes i am, thank you for the compliment.

Ok I'll leave you to read your red tops Chris the Blue. Reasonable and logical debate has obviously gone out the window so I shall take my leave. All the best in the new season people, with or without Lescott. My money is on £20m. Cheers.

ame='Chris the Blue' date='23 Jul 2009 - 19:34' timestamp='1248377696' post='177015']

Ok I'll leave you to read your red tops Chris the Blue. Reasonable and logical debate has obviously gone out the window so I shall take my leave. All the best in the new season people, with or without Lescott. My money is on £20m. Cheers.

Inter club banter never really changes does it?

All the best to you too. but hopefully a long way below us. ;)

I fail to see how Johnson comes into this. The reason that price was so high was the result of a bidding war. £20m is already well over the odds for Lescott and I don't think any other clubs would match that right now. The fact that City will simply move on to another target (as several deals are already in the works) if this deal does not go through means that the value of this deal will not go any higher leaving Moyes/Everton at a point to explore their options to see what deals they can get and use this to their advantage. £20m is silly money for a defender and with Lescott angling towards a double-your-money move then this does not put Everton in a very strong bargaining position so I would not expect Moyes to be able to push the price up to what you say. But we have just lent you Jo for another season, I cannot see us letting this happen unless a lot of terms have already been agreed with the Lescott deal.

Lescott has not put in a transfer request nor has he stated that he wants to go so thats a bit of an asumption

ame='Chris the Blue' date='23 Jul 2009 - 19:34' timestamp='1248377696' post='177015']

I think you have made some very valid points and I can see where you are coming from however I think another factor that will push up Lescotts price is that we can not afford to sell him as we have only got 4 fit defenders as it is

I think the deciding factor is going to be the player himself, at the moment he seems to be keeping out of it nd getting on with his game and hopefully he wont want to leave us in the lurch

I can see him staying with us, at least until January

I think you have made some very valid points and I can see where you are coming from however I think another factor that will push up Lescotts price is that we can not afford to sell him as we have only got 4 fit defenders as it is

I think the deciding factor is going to be the player himself, at the moment he seems to be keeping out of it nd getting on with his game and hopefully he wont want to leave us in the lurch

I can see him staying with us, at least until January

I think the main deciding factor is Moyes, not Lescott. Lescott is on a long term contract, Moyes is a stubborn, proud and loyal man - he won't care what Lescott wants unless he is compensated for it. He won't sell Lescott on the cheap, no way. He will only sell him for the price/players he wants whether Hughes/Lescott likes it or not. Lescott has done well out of Everton and I think he knows it and likes it here, I'm sure even if he wants to move that he will understand that Moyes won't just let him go unless it's right for us.

I think the main deciding factor is Moyes, not Lescott. Lescott is on a long term contract, Moyes is a stubborn, proud and loyal man - he won't care what Lescott wants unless he is compensated for it. He won't sell Lescott on the cheap, no way. He will only sell him for the price/players he wants whether Hughes/Lescott likes it or not. Lescott has done well out of Everton and I think he knows it and likes it here, I'm sure even if he wants to move that he will understand that Moyes won't just let him go unless it's right for us.

I wasnt saying he will let him go cheaply, in fact I was saying quite the opposite, but if the player wants to force the issue he will get his move

Insults, love 'em.

Not always true, look at Downing. Wanted to leave, handed in transfer request but was not sold. Only now they are relegated has he hobbled over to Villa.

Agree with this....

He has a few years left on his contract..... The world cup is approaching... he will want first team football & if he wants to get a chance of playing in that..... if he hands in a transfer request and we say no.... whats he going to do...... sit in the reserves with a face on???? I doubt it.... Even if he tried to see out his contract... he would be three or four years older and City would have long signed someone by then....

All clubs should growing some huge balls and start saying NO

Edited by DangerMouse

Agree with this....

He has a few years left on his contract..... The world cup is approaching... he will want first team football & if he wants to get a chance of playing in that..... if he hands in a transfer request and we say no.... whats he going to do...... sit in the reserves with a face on???? I doubt it.... Even if he tried to see out his contract... he would be three or four years older and City would have long signed someone by then....

All clubs should growing some huge balls and start saying NO

Great idea in principle but there is no way we are in any position to be able to do that. What do u think they would do say no Julien you naughty boy go and stand in the naughty corner your not playing with our ball, meanwhile we have one fit CB at the club and are leaking goals every week

or say well sod you then go and play for City well take as much money as we can get and try to buy a new defender?

Great idea in principle but there is no way we are in any position to be able to do that. What do u think they would do say no Julien you naughty boy go and stand in the naughty corner your not playing with our ball, meanwhile we have one fit CB at the club and are leaking goals every week

or say well sod you then go and play for City well take as much money as we can get and try to buy a new defender?

I think the fact is...... players will want to play.... hes not going to sulk and play in the reserves is he......that doesnt do him any favours at all

This is what I think too.

Personally, Lescott has never struck me as Everton tbh. When you hear him giving interviews he jsut doesn't give off the same love of the club as the likes of Cahill, Arteta etc do, it's all about Joleon. Now I'm not having a go at him for that, but my point is that I don't think it'd be a wrench for him to leave Everton and if he wants to go then he will do and I think he would throw his toys out of the pram to make it happen.

I think the fact is...... players will want to play.... hes not going to sulk and play in the reserves is he......that doesnt do him any favours at all

I hope it doesnt come to that and Im not saying Lescott is that type of player but he wouldnt be the first player to throw his toys out of the pram until he gets his own way

i just dont see him leaving, moyes has no reason to sell him, all the papers say we need he money, but then you got to spend a big % of that money on a new CB that won't be as good as Lescott before we can look at getting more players in, an every CB price tag will increase because we got x amount for Lescott.

If we had Terry, i'd sell him to city, because he 29 an there offer 40 mil, Lescotts 26(i think) an on a 4 year deal even if he puts in a transfer request, moyes can not accept it an Lescotts stuck here. Personally i think Lescott will stay.

i just dont see him leaving, moyes has no reason to sell him, all the papers say we need he money, but then you got to spend a big % of that money on a new CB that won't be as good as Lescott before we can look at getting more players in, an every CB price tag will increase because we got x amount for Lescott.

If we had Terry, i'd sell him to city, because he 29 an there offer 40 mil, Lescotts 26(i think) an on a 4 year deal even if he puts in a transfer request, moyes can not accept it an Lescotts stuck here. Personally i think Lescott will stay.

On sky sports today that city will treble his wages, we might not have a choice. Player power and all that

That would be good for us, not sure how else they will be going for. Hughes was saying only last week that Richard Dunne will continue to be captain next season which therefore leads you to believe he will still be playing next season. Will they still go for another CB if they do have Toure?

Apparently they've now offered £20m plus Ona-whathisface.

Make it him and £25m or £20 him and Richard and you have a deal.

Spend it all on Ashley Young. :)

Im sorry but 20mil+Onuoha would be a great bit of business for Lescott.

The dropoff from Lescott to Yobo is almost non exsistent and we'd have 8 mil or so to use in the market (assuming 2 for Wolves, 10 for loans).

Where did you get that from?

If Lescott had come out and said "I don't want to move" I'd have an awful lot more faith in him as a footballer in terms of attitude towards this club. You can see he loves Everton in the way he plays/celebrates and I wish more footballers would express gratitude toward their club by publicly stating their feelings. Sadly agents, "advisors" and mates/hangers-on seem to have too much say in affairs these days. I think he'll go and I think we'll get 18 million or 10million and a player. If Lescott doesn't want to be here then I'd take either.