IGNORED

Lescott

Ric is the owner, Damocles is a mod, how they condone some of the filth thats aimed at scousers in general is beyond me, they warn visitors for no reason at all, then allow their own to spew filth and abuse without a caution, and i mean real FILTH and ABUSE.

And i have seen you on bluemoon.

Ric is the owner, Damocles is a mod, how they condone some of the filth thats aimed at scousers in general is beyond me, they warn visitors for no reason at all, then allow their own to spew filth and abuse without a caution, and i mean real FILTH and ABUSE.

City 'til I die is hardly an uncommon name, Bill :P

personally i don't think city deserve anything but I don't have anything against them other than what they're doing to football. as long as it's not at everton expense i don't mind them doing better than they have done.

i'm probably in the minority that wants to sell lescott, he's not worth anywhere near what we could get for him.

Sorry Bill mate but the CTID on Bluemoon is not me. I only signed on there for the first time last night. I'm on there as BlakeTheBlue. The first post i put was about how i'm not sure we really need JL. I think Richards is better that him and Onouha has potential to be better than both. Although i would like to see a new top class CB at city, I'd prefer to see Hangeland, Alex or Luizao. I've seen some jokers on here saying how they think Lescott is worth 30mil. Give it a rest lads. He's probably wort around 12mil tops. I also said my piece on the diference between good old fasion Manc/Scouse banter, and simply being a foul mouthed over the top cock

P.s. CraccerC. You say you don't have anything against city, other than what they are doing to football..... What exactly are City doing to football that you deem so awfull???

Spot on Phil, well said. And I too don't want a foreign billionaire investor. One of these clubs is going to go bust before too long...there are only 4 CL places and that's where the money is, so which foreign investors are going to lose interest first because they can't buy success against the other big money investors? Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd are all heavily in debt so one of them may eventually succumb to City's bigger purse strings (once they've bought a proper manager) and they will go the way of Leeds - income slashed, debts spiral out of control, value of the club collapses, goodnight to the 'glory days'.

Or the alternative outcome is that the billionaires organise a European Super League so they can secure their future income streams and leave the rest of us with a de-valued Premiership.

The day Abramovich came into football was the day football was corrupted. I hope we don't prostitute ourselves the same way these other clubs have.

If The Shite go bust as a result of City throwing thier millions around then I say spend City spend!!!

people have always said they prefer city to Man Utd, that's understandable because of the success Utd have had, it's natural to go for the underdog.

However in chatting to a Man U fan the other day and discussing their growth it became clear that united owe their wealth down to the solid business model they built over the years whilst enjoying the success that came along after discovering the likes of scholes, beckhams etc. With the titles they won etc, they ensured their brand was worldwide, extended the stadium and yes to apoint converted and inherited some glory seeking fans. They have never bowed to player power, they stuck behind ferguson, bought well, sold when the player wasn't good enough and as a result reaped the rewards. Yes I do not like to see united win, especially with rooney there, however, to think that city deserve their time by some fortune of inheriting a vast some of money is madness.

Maybe as Evertonians we should hope that doing things the way united have done is the right way to success and will therefore get us what we are due. We know how much we have detested the likes of the barcodes, and Spurs for trying to buy their way through. The way we do things is the right way, and when the reward comes along it will be sweeter, and we will find that other fans and neutrals will be happy for us. And no, I do not like united at all!!!

people have always said they prefer city to Man Utd, that's understandable because of the success Utd have had, it's natural to go for the underdog.

However in chatting to a Man U fan the other day and discussing their growth it became clear that united owe their wealth down to the solid business model they built over the years whilst enjoying the success that came along after discovering the likes of scholes, beckhams etc. With the titles they won etc, they ensured their brand was worldwide, extended the stadium and yes to apoint converted and inherited some glory seeking fans. They have never bowed to player power, they stuck behind ferguson, bought well, sold when the player wasn't good enough and as a result reaped the rewards. Yes I do not like to see united win, especially with rooney there, however, to think that city deserve their time by some fortune of inheriting a vast some of money is madness.

Maybe as Evertonians we should hope that doing things the way united have done is the right way to success and will therefore get us what we are due. We know how much we have detested the likes of the barcodes, and Spurs for trying to buy their way through. The way we do things is the right way, and when the reward comes along it will be sweeter, and we will find that other fans and neutrals will be happy for us. And no, I do not like united at all!!!

Great post mate and i agree with you.

I just wish we could find that bit extra we need to take us onto the next level, we have done aswell as we possibly can in the league in recent years and whether we like it or not its "money" that gets you into the top 4 and challenging for the title on a regular basis.

What I have always found hard to believe is that we struggle to find that one "big invester", when you look at things we should be a great option to buy - massive fanbase, history, good current crop of players, not a stupid wage bill, and not a massive debt "in comparison to most others in premiership"!!

In regards to this post topic - £22mill for lescott is crazy money and I would accept it in a shot "even though I do rate him and think he has been class for us", as long as we have 2-3 good players lined up that we buy quickly with the money and dont lose out on them!

COYB's!

Mate if you think Everton can make that "next big step up" to be a top 4 regular (and not just reach 4th once in a decade just to be dumped out of the champions league in the group stages)with good old hard work, Comitment, Togetherness, Great fans and afairly decent team. Then i'm sorry pal but it just isn't gunna happen. As lamentable as it is, it takes RIDICULOUS amounts of money to make a squad capable of a sustained push at the top.

Things have changed since the likes of Beckham, Giggs, Scholes made United the team they have become. Unfortunatley I don't think we will ever see a club do the likes of that ever again. Not at a sustained level anyway. Everton deserve to be a world force, Chalenging for the very highest honours in my opinion. Simply for the fantastic fan base. Same as City, Newcastle, Sunderland and Pompey.

We at City have had guys like your United fan mate (Utd not even being a flaming Manchester club) rubbing thier success in our faces for over 30 LONG YEARS!!! If anyone expects us citizens to apologise for being a bit unbarable and a bit OTT now that the worm seems to have turned. Then sorry mate but were well within our rights, Prehaps even more than we are being right now. If that makes us unpopular, So be it. You Toffee lads would be exactly the same if you were in our shoes. I know full well the red fans of LFC have been lording it over you for at least 20 years....all those Europen cups, Perenial top4 achievers. One of the most recognised clubs in the world, able to attract players like Torres. If you were in our shoes. You'd let em ave it BIG TIME. And so you should ;) Imagine however. LFC fans giving you all the stick they have.....and get this.....NOT EVEN BEING FROM LIVERPOOL!!! Only then can you see where City fans are coming from.

Mate if you think Everton can make that "next big step up" to be a top 4 regular (and not just reach 4th once in a decade just to be dumped out of the champions league in the group stages)with good old hard work, Comitment, Togetherness, Great fans and afairly decent team. Then i'm sorry pal but it just isn't gunna happen. As lamentable as it is, it takes RIDICULOUS amounts of money to make a squad capable of a sustained push at the top.

Things have changed since the likes of Beckham, Giggs, Scholes made United the team they have become. Unfortunatley I don't think we will ever see a club do the likes of that ever again. Not at a sustained level anyway. Everton deserve to be a world force, Chalenging for the very highest honours in my opinion. Simply for the fantastic fan base. Same as City, Newcastle, Sunderland and Pompey.

We at City have had guys like your United fan mate (Utd not even being a flaming Manchester club) rubbing thier success in our faces for over 30 LONG YEARS!!! If anyone expects us citizens to apologise for being a bit unbarable and a bit OTT now that the worm seems to have turned. Then sorry mate but were well within our rights, Prehaps even more than we are being right now. If that makes us unpopular, So be it. You Toffee lads would be exactly the same if you were in our shoes. I know full well the red fans of LFC have been lording it over you for at least 20 years....all those Europen cups, Perenial top4 achievers. One of the most recognised clubs in the world, able to attract players like Torres. If you were in our shoes. You'd let em ave it BIG TIME. And so you should ;) Imagine however. LFC fans giving you all the stick they have.....and get this.....NOT EVEN BEING FROM LIVERPOOL!!! Only then can you see where City fans are coming from.

We're starting to get the not even being from Liverpool stuff :P

Kirkby is in Liverpool, right? Right? RIGHT? :crying_anim02: :crying_anim02: :crying_anim02: :crying_anim02:

And others treating you like shit is no reason for a lot of City fans acting like arseholes. You should be quietly proud of your team. But from what I see there is nothing to be proud of other than stone cold greed, hence why City fans are going on the attack lest anyone ask the difficult question.

That question is: What or who is there to be proud of in your team? You may be successful now. You may even win the league in a year or two. But in my opinion you've lost too much to get there.

I went to the malaga game last night and lescott seemed as if he didnt want the ball in the first half but in the the second half he was alot better i think moysey had a word with him at half time haha i think we should take the money so we can improve other areas of our squad i.e replace hibbert.

As for the Lescott Transfer...Sorry chaps, but i think you have missed the boat. If Golam hadn't been so gready you would have got 22mil for a player worth about 12mil. He was much to concerned with saving face and keeping hold of "His Precious" :P He has every right to reject any bid for any of his players, of course he does. But was that REALLY in EFC's best intrest???

Now you are stuck with someone who wanted to leave. Who would have trippled his wages (About 10mil in 5 years), Which will surely piss him right off. And who would have been at a club in a position to become one of the biggest in the world. Don't get me wrong. Everton is a great club to be at, but as much as you may disagree (which is your right :) ) But they are not in the same position as City to break the big time.

As for the Lescott Transfer...Sorry chaps, but i think you have missed the boat. If Golam hadn't been so gready you would have got 22mil for a player worth about 12mil. He was much to concerned with saving face and keeping hold of "His Precious" :P He has every right to reject any bid for any of his players, of course he does. But was that REALLY in EFC's best intrest???

Now you are stuck with someone who wanted to leave. Who would have trippled his wages (About 10mil in 5 years), Which will surely piss him right off. And who would have been at a club in a position to become one of the biggest in the world. Don't get me wrong. Everton is a great club to be at, but as much as you may disagree (which is your right :) ) But they are not in the same position as City to break the big time.

Fuck off calling Moyes Gollum. As you say it's his right to reject any and all offers.

In my opinion, it was the best thing for the club not to lose Lescott at this time. He's settled and a quality defender. Hard to replace him at both LB/CB and improve the team with the money minus Wolves' cut and the mandatory debt cut.

We're starting to get the not even being from Liverpool stuff :P

Kirkby is in Liverpool, right? Right? RIGHT? :crying_anim02: :crying_anim02: :crying_anim02: :crying_anim02:

And others treating you like shit is no reason for a lot of City fans acting like arseholes. You should be quietly proud of your team. But from what I see there is nothing to be proud of other than stone cold greed, hence why City fans are going on the attack lest anyone ask the difficult question.

That question is: What or who is there to be proud of in your team? You may be successful now. You may even win the league in a year or two. But in my opinion you've lost too much to get there.

1. Vladmier Wiess (future of our right side, Academy product)

2. Nedum Onouha (City through and through, Academy product)

3. Shaun Wright Pillips (Already a City Legend, Academy product)

4. Michael Johnson (top class CM, Academy product)

6. Micah Richards (when this guy reaches his full potential he will be one of the best defenders in the world, Academy product)

7. Stephan Ireland (with all the world class signings, he is STILL our best player, Best young player last season anywhere by a mile. Ash Young beating him in the YPotY award was a joke. He will be our captain in the coming years, Academy product!!!

There is a hell of a lot for City fans to be proud of. From the very start our new owners realised we had the best youth acadamy in the country (probably in Europe). The very first thing they did was pump Millions into it. They said from the begining they want a mix of Established World class players and home grown wonderkids. And thats what theyre getting. The owners know how much of a family club we are. And it's one of the big atractions to them. I can imagine from the outside it may look like we are losing our "SOUL" or something....but believe me. We arent. They are always throwing fun little family days and Making sure our big stars do thier bit for the local comunity. Season card prices have been frozen for the second year in a row. They do it Because they can afford it.

We Havent changed. Only envious eyes have made others look at us diferently. (This reply is in no way a dig at you atall mate :)

Fuck off calling Moyes Gollum. As you say it's his right to reject any and all offers.

In my opinion, it was the best thing for the club not to lose Lescott at this time. He's settled and a quality defender. Hard to replace him at both LB/CB and improve the team with the money minus Wolves' cut and the mandatory debt cut.

Sorry mate...My bad..just a jest. He is a class manager (but he really does look like gollum ;) )

Good luck to you mate and City.....hope you do wipe the smiles off some peoples faces,especially the "Sky 4".

Somehow I just dont think you have the manager to do it,he is under so much pressure to deliver that he is trying to buy success rather than trying to build it !

Imagine your training ground and dressing room......someone said that their must be about 12 different nationalities,not to mention the inflated ego`s in your team now....love to be a fly on the wall.

I`m one of those people who would love us to have been bought by the same group that bought you,because I feel Everton are on the verge of great things,add a nice little transfer kitty for someone like Moyes to play with and succes would come a lot quicker than it would do to City.

Anyway lets see how things develop over the season and in the unlikely event you do break the "Sky 4" lets hope its at the expense of the shite..... :D

1. Vladmier Wiess (future of our right side, Academy product)

2. Nedum Onouha (City through and through, Academy product)

3. Shaun Wright Pillips (Already a City Legend, Academy product)

4. Michael Johnson (top class CM, Academy product)

6. Micah Richards (when this guy reaches his full potential he will be one of the best defenders in the world, Academy product)

7. Stephan Ireland (with all the world class signings, he is STILL our best player, Best young player last season anywhere by a mile. Ash Young beating him in the YPotY award was a joke. He will be our captain in the coming years, Academy product!!!

What the hell has happened to Johnson. It's bloody massive now. Unrecognisable from the slender mid-star in the Erikson era. It's a shame really as he looked truly first class. Alot of rumours abound about drink problems off the pitch. I have a feeling that the "next Colin Bell" tag could have gone to his head.

C.T.I.D, Can you shed any light on this one from a city fan's perspective?

Johnson.jpg

Edited by jamiemaher85

What the hell has happened to Johnson. It's bloody massive now. Unrecognisable from the slender mid-star in the Erikson era. It's a shame really as he looked truly first class. Alot of rumours abound about drink problems off the pitch. I have a feeling that the "next Colin Bell" tag could have gone to his head.

C.T.I.D, Can you shed any light on this one from a city fan's perspective?

Johnson.jpg

Unfortunatley mate i think you're spot on there. I think he started to believe the hype a little too much. Teenage kids with silly money and nobody to keep his head out of the clouds is a recipe for disaster. I've also heard the binge drinking rumors aswell. He sufferd a pretty nasty abdominal injury not long into the last campaign, and we heard nothing until we were all amazed to see this bloated meat-head in a night club pissed out of his face. Aparantly there are reports he's got a pretty terrible attitude.

I don't think he's a lost cause by any means. He neads to take a leaf out of Stephan Irelands book. When all his team mates were sunning themselves on beaches in the off season, Stevie was Running up hills in Glossop and doing some pretty intense martial arts training so he's razor sharp for the new season.

Johnson just needs someone to put his arm around him, have a sensible word in his ear. And set him back on the right path.

Unfortunatley mate i think you're spot on there. I think he started to believe the hype a little too much. Teenage kids with silly money and nobody to keep his head out of the clouds is a recipe for disaster. I've also heard the binge drinking rumors aswell. He sufferd a pretty nasty abdominal injury not long into the last campaign, and we heard nothing until we were all amazed to see this bloated meat-head in a night club pissed out of his face. Aparantly there are reports he's got a pretty terrible attitude.

I don't think he's a lost cause by any means. He neads to take a leaf out of Stephan Irelands book. When all his team mates were sunning themselves on beaches in the off season, Stevie was Running up hills in Glossop and doing some pretty intense martial arts training so he's razor sharp for the new season.

Johnson just needs someone to put his arm around him, have a sensible word in his ear. And set him back on the right path.

Judging by that pic it will have to be somebody with very long arms!

I went to the malaga game last night and lescott seemed as if he didnt want the ball in the first half but in the the second half he was alot better i think moysey had a word with him at half time haha i think we should take the money so we can improve other areas of our squad i.e replace hibbert.

No idea why you think that I thought he had a decent game

Hi Bill,

Just to clear some things up. Ric is the owner of Bluemoon. I am not actually a moderator, but the technical admin. I'm a Computer Systems Engineer by trade, and BM was having some really bad technical problems, so I volunteered my services to help fix some of them. I rarely get involved in moderation, besides giving out the occasional warning, I just keep the dedicated server/forum chugging along.

In regards to the conduct of Bluemoon members; I will apologise if some of the stuff over there has been a bit TOO abusive, and implore anybody who feels that a post breaks the Code of Conduct to use the report button. There is a difference is between banter and actual abuse, and the mods try hard to keep this inline. We have recently implemented a system whereby all new members have to have their posts checked by a moderator before they are visible, as well as implementing a solution whereby all reported posts are instantly brought to the mods attention. We have also recently taken on three new moderators who are cool heads from the community and we are starting to stem the flow a bit.

Unfortunately, we do not have time to read every post on BM due to the amount of traffic, hence why we are really banging away about using the Report button.

Obviously, it is a Man City forum, so the moderation slant will always be towards us, but not in such a way that other fans can't become members of the forum. You yourself posted a few times, and we're generally well received until I pointed out that the best way to defend your team was to concentrate upon its successes instead of our failings. I also quote this to City fans when they get carried away. We have a few Everton fans who are pretty regular users, but this is more down to their ability to bite their tongue rather than any nice behaviour by ourselves. We have recognised this as a problem.

We also see that some members of BM are overtly abusive, and we are making a serious effort to crack down on this, as our recent changes show. There is room for opposition fans to come on and have some banter without it going in to the realms that it has done in the past. I really wish you could see the Mod Forum where we move threads to, and you would realise how much effort is put in to this, the recent Celtic match caused uproar due to some violence and stone throwing after the game. One of the problems is that a brick hit the child of a member who was there with his girlfriend, so passions were ignited. I think we binned about 30 threads on this because City fans we're been too abusive to Celtic fans. That said, we understood that it was a passionate subject, so we let a little more than usual slide on this.

As far as the Lescott transfer goes, as a forum admin, you know yourself that it is always 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Both sets of fans were getting in to it, and the moderators we a bit slow in picking it up, because despite the thousands of posts on the subject, nobody bothered to click report and complain. Moderation used to be a reactive thing on BM, and we are working on changing this. We do read our forum, but it usually has thousands of posts a day, and it is difficult to check everything without support from the community.

I don't know what incidents you are referring to, when you say that bannings and/or warnings are given out for no reason, but if you'd elaborate a bit, I promise to look in to it. We keep logs of every ban and warning to ensure that one mod isn't just going on a powertrip, so I should be able to explain the reasoning behind it.

So, I apologise if you found Bluemoon to offensive and ask that you consider giving us another chance, now that we have stepped up the moderation capabilities. Our mods are good and sensible guys who work hard for no benefit except the good of the community, and dropping them a PM to ask why something was deleted or a report was ignored will garner you a friendly response. We do ask that Everton fans behave though, just as we expect City fans to behave.

Thanks,

Damocles