IGNORED

Lescott

I don't supose any of you chaps have read todays news of the world? In there is a rather stupid article on how brave Lord Moyes of Goodison dons his tin helmet and fights the Evil Barron Von Hughes and his wicked Eastlands Empire. Aparantly the Bold, Honourable way Moyes fends off Hughes from his advances for a mid level squad player (Lescott) Is nothing short of heroic. Even though he is being offered twice as much as the player is worth. Because Moyes knows he will look damn stupid if he was to do a u-turn and sell the player now.

Acording to the idiot journo who wrote this tosh, City might well as be the Nazis. Swarming accross Football and beating all and sundrie into submission, Even when thier advances are unwanted???????

The truth of the matter is City have done ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING WRONG. we bid for Barry, A fee was agreed. Everyones Happy (except Villa fans ofcourse), We bid For Tevez, A fee was agreed, everyones happy (Except United fans ofcourse) We bid for Terry, Bid rejected, move on, everyones happy. We bid for Adebayour, A fee was agreed, everyones happy (except for Arsenal fans ofcourse). We bid for Toure......you get the picture.

Then comes the Lescott bid. By far the smallest purchase but granted a very important position. All the media have done since City became so wealthy is pull them apart, calling any player who dares show an intrest in us money grabbers or greedy. They say City Bully clubs into selling thier best players....How so???? If a club dosent want to sell (like yourselves) then simply don't. But the Papers shouldn't then make your manager out to be a champion of the honest hard working club, Fighting off the school bully. Because it simply isn't true!

Some even go as far as to state, rather moronically, that City and thier vast wealth are the very ruin of our beloved game. NONSENSE. All we are doing is the very same ALL big clubs allover Europe have had to do to aquire genuine sustainable success.

Look at Mdrid. 80mil on a greasy, Diving hermaphrodite. But nobody bangs on about them. Why??? Maybe because The money City and Madrid spend on these players finance everyone elses deals. Did the massive spending Chelsea did ruin football??? Of course not. It simply enables other clubs to finance thier own deals and clear debts. We should know. At that time we were in around 60mil debt and had to sell SWP. We didn't want to but looking back it made sense. We were able to clear a sizable chunck of debt and Chelsea got the player they wanted. (Even if they never used him)

Do people expect the worlds richest club to sit back and spend nothing??? Remaining a mid table club instead of doing everything they can to enable themselves a crack at sustained success???

Lets face it. If the shoe was on the other foot, clubs like Everton, Villa, Spurs, infact all other clubs would do exactley the same. Probably not as respuctfull as we do.

So please guys, get off our backs and if anything get behind us. No disrespect is aimed whatsoever at Everton. The wonderful Real family club it is. With some of the best suporters in the game. But let's be honest. City are the only club in the position to break the so called "BIG4" and stay there. Don't be sucked in by The pathetic media, who whip you all up into a frenzy with no real evidence. Use your own eyes and you will find City are presenting themselves honourabley. And have nothing to be ashamed of.

C.T.I.D, It was an interseting if very unbalanced read. There is a thread about the whole thing in General Everton Discusion under Notw Article.

I can't stand Andy Dunn as a writer but thought the following was a spot on description of J.Lo:- "For a centre-half, a decent eye for goal. Premier League class, not world class. A stand-in for England, not a shoo-in."

Guest TheBlueBoy

In all fairness lads i would think you can breath a sigh of relief. There is no way Moyes will sell now. Even if he wanted too

City will move to WHU and Upson. And Lescott will very quickly move to dismiss any rumours that he ever wanted to leave. And i'm sure he will still give 110% for the cause.

Lets face it at the end of the day they are just footballers. Buisnessmen if you will. So he didn't get the big money move this time. He's not exactly penniless and at a shit club now is he. I'm sure it'll take him all of 10 mins to get over it.

As for my lot. I'd rather we go for Hangeland, Carvalho, Alex or even Federico Fazio from Sevilla. I'd rather not get upson. I don't think he's a real improvment on Onouha or Richards. And Kompany is better than him IMO (when he returns)

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/08/11/man-city-target-joleon-lescott-hands-in-transfer-request-everton-latest-100252-24370606/

Echo reporting that J.Lo has handed in a transfer request that has now been rejected by Moyes.

"Joleon Lescott put in a written transfer request this morning which I immediately rejected,” Moyes told the Echo.

“We will continue to work with him as we appreciate his many qualities as a player.

“I have said all along that I have no intention of selling my best players.

“Joleon is simply not for sale.”

Completely agree, get rid. He isnt going to perform top, then sack-him off. Can't beleive after the reception he got vs Malaga, and then has the cheek to do it. I wanted him to go, but then felt he may not? aww well. City have been up to something alright!

It's a world cup year. He has to perform top wherever he is. There is stiff competition for CB places and if he wants to go then he has to play a blinder, no matter where he is or how much he is being paid.

Completely agree, get rid. He isnt going to perform top, then sack-him off. Can't beleive after the reception he got vs Malaga, and then has the cheek to do it. I wanted him to go, but then felt he may not? aww well. City have been up to something alright!

Im not surprised because he didnt once acknowledge the crowd especially at the end and to be honest who can blame him for wanting to treble his wages at City instead of staying with us when we are the only side in the Prem not to spend any money this window?

It's a world cup year. He has to perform top wherever he is. There is stiff competition for CB places and if he wants to go then he has to play a blinder, no matter where he is or how much he is being paid.

But do you think that'll stop him being stubborn though? I fear that this will go on right up until the 30th of the window, we give in and then have NO time to spend even an ounce of the money!?

Im not surprised because he didnt once acknowledge the crowd especially at the end and to be honest who can blame him for wanting to treble his wages at City instead of staying with us when we are the only side in the Prem not to spend any money this window?

I do agree with the wages argument, noone iggnorent enough would believe different, i secretly hoped he may have realised how much people like him. (Now being an entirely different matter aha) But for me, now is THE time to sell, get him gone, rince Shitty for every penny and then go and buy some wicked young players!

You can blame him for not acting like a man and stating his intentions at the start of the transfer window, not 4 bloody days before the season starts. He should have grown a paid and handed in a request months ago. There wouldn't be such bad feelings towards him then, but trying to force the move just before the season starts when a) we have little time to replace and b ) that replacement will take time to adjust as they have not spent pre-season with us. He should have grown a pair and stepped up to the plate. If he wanted to leave all along then he should have just said so rather than pussying around like a nonce.

The only way we should sell is:

1. We get £30m - no less. (£22m plus Onuha or Richards)

2. We have a replacement (not senderos) international quality lined up who can command back line till Jags comes back.

3. We utilise all money to strengthen other areas of the squad (right back, left winger)

The whole summer saga routine is starting to really annoy me now. Moyes has worked miracles in ensuring the board are not targetted by the fans in getting us to 5th place, a cup final etc. I am lucky enough to have seen us win the league and the only thing that really irritates is that the whole future of the club is lying in the hands of the man who hasn't got any money to put into the club. Healthy respect for how we do things isn't enough for me, we need to be able to challenge for the league, and for players.

If Lescott was at Liverpool or Man Utd, City would offer £30m+ because they know they can't financially bully them. City's money men are trying to get Lescott on the cheap because they know we are financially vulnerable.

To sell for less than £30m would be madness. Look at what Liverpool were quoted for the lad from Hull (all because they had £30m in their pocket)

Any excessive money gained for lescott will disappear into the hands of a canny club who will make us pay over the odds.

You can blame him for not acting like a man and stating his intentions at the start of the transfer window, not 4 bloody days before the season starts. He should have grown a paid and handed in a request months ago. There wouldn't be such bad feelings towards him then, but trying to force the move just before the season starts when a) we have little time to replace and b ) that replacement will take time to adjust as they have not spent pre-season with us. He should have grown a pair and stepped up to the plate. If he wanted to leave all along then he should have just said so rather than pussying around like a nonce.

Dude, couldnt agree more. We're in even more shit-creek as a result, this has gone bad...

The only way we should sell is:

1. We get £30m - no less. (£22m plus Onuha or Richards)

I'd take £20m and Richards. That would be a perfect deal for us. Instant replacenment and very good few for a player of his quality. Just stupid prices in this inflatted market. We could then spend on say Sessesgon and Elm, and with the money we already have pick up Senderos and possibly a cheap LB cover. We could then line up like this eventually:-

----------Howard-------

Richards-Jags-Yobo-Baines

Sessegon-Neville-Arteta-Pienaar

-------Cahill-----------------

-------------Yakubu-----------

Bench:-

Nash Senderos Fellaini Rodwell Elm Saha Jo.

I'd take £20m and Richards. That would be a perfect deal for us. Instant replacenment and very good few for a player of his quality. Just stupid prices in this inflatted market. We could then spend on say Sessesgon and Elm, and with the money we already have pick up Senderos and possibly a cheap LB cover. We could then line up like this eventually:-

----------Howard-------

Sessegon-Neville-Arteta-Pienaar

Bench:-

Nash Senderos Fellaini Rodwell Elm Saha Jo.

Personally i'd swap them round, only due to structure and physical presence, if i was a manager against us, i'd put a larger right mid/winger to attack the left flank and bully nuts and baines off. At least this way, you can keep a balance? Sessegnon can play either side, his feet are like gold dust haha

----------Howard-------

Pienaar-Neville-Arteta-Sessegnon

Edited by tenaciousj