IGNORED

Lescott

Chelsea were already well established in the so called top four before the russian came i think you will find.

I think you will find that was not the case they beat the shite on the last day of the season to finish fourth that season and Abramovich piled in that summer. One top 4 finish hardly makes them well established

Guest TheBlueBoy

Lescott to join the mighty City

Give him to us!

You cannot refuse!

We are immeasurably rich and powerful!

You are poor and worthless!

You cannott win!

Give him to us .... NOW!!!

I'm not quite sure how to take this.....Is this an Everton fan taking the piss??? In which case ??????????

Or is it a City fan making me feel rather.......wel, Sad really :(

Edited by TheBlueBoy

Give him to us!

You cannot refuse!

You cannott win!

And you are a WUM, a poor wum at that.

City are a rich mans play thing, a toy if you will that shares the same fate as all toys, to be tossed aside, forgotten. Like shinawarhera before this new owner aspires to Man Utd and Real, but you cannot buy that history, that pedagree. City are still the only side to win the top title and get relagated the next season.

In Hughes you have a manager that has all the money in the world, but no time to blend a team, do you think bellamy, robinho et al play for each other, for city, no my friend they play for money, and when the inevitable failure to win the leauge or qualify for the champions leauge happens they will walk away laughing at the money they have earned.

Enjoy the ride, for it will be all to brief.

There are two thing I want to know: Will Moyes play Lescott against Arsenal, and how will the fans treat him?

I'm guessing he will play him be cause we've got sweet FA center-backs and I'm really hoping the fans don't boo him.

If it were me, I'd be cheering Lescott just as they did against Malaga. I'm certainly being a bit of an idealist, but I'm hoping the Everton fans won't be cnuts :lol: and instead cheer his every touch in an attempt to persuade him to forget about money and stay at a club full of passion and integrity.

So, anyone going to the match on Saturday, please don't boo him.

Guest TheBlueBoy

And you are a WUM, a poor wum at that.

City are a rich mans play thing, a toy if you will that shares the same fate as all toys, to be tossed aside, forgotten. Like shinawarhera before this new owner aspires to Man Utd and Real, but you cannot buy that history, that pedagree. City are still the only side to win the top title and get relagated the next season.

In Hughes you have a manager that has all the money in the world, but no time to blend a team, do you think bellamy, robinho et al play for each other, for city, no my friend they play for money, and when the inevitable failure to win the leauge or qualify for the champions leauge happens they will walk away laughing at the money they have earned.

Enjoy the ride, for it will be all to brief.

London Blue..

Godzilla is obviously a twat. It'd be better to just ignore such a knob. Leave this thread empty and let him rot. But i'm pretty disapointed you responded with such bile. Why should you care if City succeed or fail. As long as Everton do well.

The vast majority of us true City fans are still down to earth decent guys. It's just a shame that a good few twats have hopped on the band wagon. Before the wheels have even had a chance to get rolling.

I personaly believe My beloved City will achieve a lot of great things in the years to come. But i guess you would have to see how things are developing from our side to agree. Your opinion is your own. And i respect it mate.

Remember, we are doing nothing that Chelsea didn't do, and if you recall, when Abramovic first arrived and waved his sizable checkbook around, they were the team everyone hated. A few seasons and a charming manager later and they're accepted as a real European Giant. Not a traditional Giant but still..... I'll take that any day. And thats what i see happening.

Peace Mate :)

Guest TheBlueBoy

There are two thing I want to know: Will Moyes play Lescott against Arsenal, and how will the fans treat him?

I'm guessing he will play him be cause we've got sweet FA center-backs and I'm really hoping the fans don't boo him.

If it were me, I'd be cheering Lescott just as they did against Malaga. I'm certainly being a bit of an idealist, but I'm hoping the Everton fans won't be cnuts :lol: and instead cheer his every touch in an attempt to persuade him to forget about money and stay at a club full of passion and integrity.

So, anyone going to the match on Saturday, please don't boo him.

I personaly see it developing like this....

somtime tomorrow (Wednesday) we will put a final bid of 22mil in for Lescott, trying to sign him in time to be a part of our squad for our first game against Blackburn.

That bid will be duely rejected by Moyes (and rightly so) and Lescott will be in your starting lineup against the Gunners. Although yes, i think he will be pretty badly boo'd.

Personaly i'll be glad when this one's over and we can just get down to chatting about actuall footy matches.

And on that note. How do you think you guys will fair against Arsenal?.......Predictions?

I think City will beat Rovers 0-3 (maybe a tad optimisic but, hey) :D

Blue boy, I have nothing against real city fans, any person that supports their team through thick and thin, with dignaty and pride has my respect. I have no ill fealings towards city, I hope they do well and finish just below us!

Morons like the Godzilla deserve the post I placed. If honest I would love to have a rich multi billionaire to give our manager the money to realy challange the top 4, but another part of me loves the fact that we have achieved what we have with hard work, spotting potential in players and nurturing that talent. I love the fact we have a team spirit that is second to none, that players play for the team, for each other, and for the fans. £20 million a year to spend would be nice compramise!

As for my post, It is not full of bile, it mearly states one possable (probable?) outcome. Abramovich moved to london, to chelsea, invested more than money, but time, he goes to the majority of home games. Can the same be said of your new owner?

Before Abramovich Chelsea had Matthew Harding who before his untimley death invested the money that helped propel Chelsea to the top end of the table, when Abramovich took over he hired arguably the best manager in the world, the only one who's personality, and pedegree (having won the champions leauge the previous year)could forge them into a winning team. Hughes who I respected for his work at Blackburn and Wales has acted poorly in the lescott transfer, he wont take no for an answer, he wont do things behined closed doors, the mirror seems to know things before EFC do and that is not on.

There are 3 questions that will be answered this season:

1) If hughes can blend citys superstars into a team that players for each other and overcome the inevitable bad patch of form every team has.

2) If City are not in a top 6 position by christmas will hughes be fired?

3) Will the owners walk away if City fail to break the top 4 by the end of the season?

I hope things work out for city, I love the idea of you beating UTD, but a part of me wants a team, any team to smash the sky 4 the old fashioned way by hard work and not a unlimited credit card.

Best of luck for the new season, it will be interesting B)

Give him to us!

You cannot refuse!

You cannott win!

proably a chelsea fan last season ..... ive seen alot of city shirts being worn lately .........

Thought occurred to me this morning; if City are serious about becomming the "biggest" club in the world then they're going to need a bigger stadium aren't they?

They're 30,000ish down on Real, United and Milan (Napoli, Dortmund and Galatasaray as well incidentally) and 50,000 short of Barcelona.

Can the CoM be developed or are there plans to move?

The other thing is that if they want to be the "best" in the world (rather than the biggest) then they're going to need to get a better center-back pairing than Lescott and Toure....sooner rather than later. I wonder if Joleon's thought of that?

£100m bids for Ferdinand, Terry & Vidic in Jan maybe? £250,000/£300,000 a week each? J-Lo could end up spending a lot of time on the bench.....but never mind, he'll have his bank statement to comfort him.

Thought occurred to me this morning; if City are serious about becomming the "biggest" club in the world then they're going to need a bigger stadium aren't they?

They're 30,000ish down on Real, United and Milan (Napoli, Dortmund and Galatasaray as well incidentally) and 50,000 short of Barcelona.

Can the CoM be developed or are there plans to move?

The other thing is that if they want to be the "best" in the world (rather than the biggest) then they're going to need to get a better center-back pairing than Lescott and Toure....sooner rather than later. I wonder if Joleon's thought of that?

£100m bids for Ferdinand, Terry & Vidic in Jan maybe? £250,000/£300,000 a week each? J-Lo could end up spending a lot of time on the bench.....but never mind, he'll have his bank statement to comfort him.

You thinker you Mike ;) nah, i think they want a slower progression, and they know realistically, getting players like Ferdinand, Terry arent going to leave their respective clubs. Hughes has also got to show the board he's a 'proper' manager and not act like a child throwing moeny about (could have fooled anyone!!), cz that way the boss may say, "hang on, im losing a shit load of money here, paying more than double for these players, yet still arent winning anything, is Hughes the right man afterall?"...in all honesty now, i think City next year, will look at the new superstars whom arent ness at the top clubs, i.e. Aguero, Matta, Fabregas, Otzil, Balotelli, Hamsik. This years the 'foundations' next is the youngsters...and tbh i could see a few of them goin ie. Aguero and Hamsik

I agree Mike i thought the same when they signed Toure although both are good defenders they are far from world class and if Lescott does go he will be under huge pressure given the media spotlight on this whole situation. If they bid £22m i would sell without a doubt i dont blame him for wanting to go as the money on offer is ludicrous for a player of his calibre and it is a once in a life time offer coupled with the fact he has handed in a tranfer request i say get rid not in a malicious way but we don't need players who would want to be elsewhere.

If Moyes had around £15m of that we could bring in Elm Senderos and a RB and possibly Obinna depending on work permit.

IF an a big IF city get 4th then it will be diffrent, ALL the big names will come because of CL, if they don't they be stuck, picking up mercaniers, like Barry an Lescott, who only see pound signs.

If Lescott goes an they get 4th, then they buy 2 big name defenders an Lescott will be out on his ear.

Quick quiz question. Who said this last March?

"I was obviously happy to sign because I always knew my future was here."

"The Club has shown faith in me and I see it as a great achievement for myself to get a new, extended deal so soon after arriving."

"This is a Club on the up. We are looking at being involved in Europe every season and progressing further than we have done already. The Club is very ambitious and is one of the few clubs in England that has progressed in the last few years."

"Having so many of the other lads signing deals was never a factor in me re-signing. But this is a Club that rewards players who give their all for the team and help realise the ambitions here. We have got some great players here who have been rewarded with new deals in the last year or so, players who have a big future. It is an exciting time to be at this Club and we have faith in each other."

"We are all fighting for the same thing and pushing in the same direction. That is why I signed, and that is why I am so confident about the future."

A. Hannibal Lector

B. Ethel the Aarvark

C. Felicity Kendall

D. Joleon Lescott

Do you think Jolean is going to be as effective now his head has been turned?

I wonder how professional he is?

Surely he will be annoyed by Moyes denying his request?

I can't remember players that have been made to stay and have continued to play well.

Must be better to let him go and take the cash?

I don't see why city don't understand the only way there going to get Lescott is if they offer us a centre half in the deal. I've heard reports that there gonna offer us Petrov and money. Thats dumb give us Richards or Onhuoa and the 18 mil and I will be completely satisfied with saying good bye to money hungry lescot.

Tonights Echo says that City have given up on Lescott. Which buggers him, he was stupid ot put a request in.

He has no choice but to play his best, as its a world cup year an he wants to go to it. If he play bad, he won't get in the England squad.

I don't see why city don't understand the only way there going to get Lescott is if they offer us a centre half in the deal. I've heard reports that there gonna offer us Petrov and money. Thats dumb give us Richards or Onhuoa and the 18 mil and I will be completely satisfied with saying good bye to money hungry lescot.

I agree mate - or at least give us the £22m and Onouha on loan til Jan or for the season. Don't for a second think that will happen, their offer will be straight cash - if there is another offer that is!

Wish we could just move on!

Guest TheBlueBoy

I agree mate - or at least give us the £22m and Onouha on loan til Jan or for the season. Don't for a second think that will happen, their offer will be straight cash - if there is another offer that is!

Wish we could just move on!

Come on lads be reasonable!!!.....We have offered 18Mil for a lad who the rest of the country sees as being worth no more than 10 - 12Mil. We will probably end up offering 22Mil for him and Moyes will Reject it (fair enough, that's been his stance from the very begining, and i have nothing but respect for him for doing that)....BUT. To say 22Mil AND ONOUHA!!! thats not even funny...

I can understand you're upset about the whole thing. It would upset me if an important player at City put in a transfer request to join one of our rivals. But i think Nedum will probably be better than Lescott within a couple of years. and he has just signed a new 5 year deal to quench any rumors of him being part of this deal.

Jo and 5Mil would be fair (we payed 18mil for him) but of course that would leave you short at the back. But there is still just under 3 weeks to get someone in

I agree. I wish this farce was all over and we could all just move on.

Lescott would have been better than both of those puddings that played tonight. In two years time terry and ferdinand will have been replaced by Lescott + Jagielka.

I think he should be allowed to go, by asking for the transfer and then repeating it in writing i cant see any way that he will stay, we need players here who want to give 100% for us and his heart would'nt be in it, not now that City have turned his head.