IGNORED

Lescott

i will be angry with the player why wait to ask for transfer until the last week before the kick off , if he knew he wanted to go and was gonna force the clubs hands could have done it earlier , it will be funny as f-ck for him now hes done this and he fails the medical coz thats a possibility remember the trouble we had when we signed him he may well have to stop here yet

If things move very fast and he signs for City tomorrow. And he lines up in a Sky blue shirt instead of a Dark blue one on Saturday, How will most Everton fans react in your opinion fellas???

Sad, Angry.....Not bothered, Calm ???

Personally I will be angry with the way that Lescott has handeled the situation. I'm not angry that he asked for the move, he has every right to ask for it, but I will be angry with the way he acted. Leaving a decision such as handing in a transfer request until 4 days prior to the season starting in unforgivable, especially seeing as City made there initial bid so long ago. I also feel that Hughes, not necesarily City as a club, has acted with a low level of class and decorum.

Over time I wont care too much. At the end of the day J.Lo is the second best defender at the club and probably around the 6th best English centre back in te country. He will be eventually found out at city and replaced within 2 years at most. He has spells where he is awful. The first three months of last season everyone here was crying fo r his head.

Personally I will be angry with the way that Lescott has handeled the situation. I'm not angry that he asked for the move, he has every right to ask for it, but I will be angry with the way he acted. Leaving a decision such as handing in a transfer request until 4 days prior to the season starting in unforgivable, especially seeing as City made there initial bid so long ago. I also feel that Hughes, not necesarily City as a club, has acted with a low level of class and decorum.

Over time I wont care too much. At the end of the day J.Lo is the second best defender at the club and probably around the 6th best English centre back in te country. He will be eventually found out at city and replaced within 2 years at most. He has spells where he is awful. The first three months of last season everyone here was crying fo r his head.

That sounds a bit like sour grapes to me Jamie, Lescott has been massive for us since he came here, has helped us finish 6th 5th and 5th and into europe for those 3 seasons. You mentioned the blip at the start of last season but if my memory serves me right that blip was throughout the whole team not just him.

I will be sorry to see him go, but as somebody has already said 22 million is a good price for him and will slightly soften the blow of losing him.

The first three months of last season everyone here was crying fo r his head.

Yes. And hows it gonna be now when his transfer is declined... Just hoping hes not crying to city when the game is on. My home is where my heart is... and if its not us than cash...were on a biiiig biiiiig problems saturday.

[/b]

That sounds a bit like sour grapes to me Jamie, Lescott has been massive for us since he came here, has helped us finish 6th 5th and 5th and into europe for those 3 seasons. You mentioned the blip at the start of last season but if my memory serves me right that blip was throughout the whole team not just him.

I will be sorry to see him go, but as somebody has already said 22 million is a good price for him and will slightly soften the blow of losing him.

I agree he has been a great signing for us but if he goes he goes, lets face it we could do with the money. If we could get Taylor in for the reported £8M I would drive Lescott there myself

If he stays then thats fine by me as well, I certainly wont be booing him tomorrow. I dont buy into all this rubbish about him putting in a transfer request 4 days before the season as leaving us in the lurch. If the powers that be couldnt see that coming months ago and have not made any contingency plans then there is something seriously wrong at board level and that is where fans should be venting thier anger towards, not Lescott

Got to say Mark Hughes is starting to iritate me more and more as this drags on. His latest peach "We are still trying to speak to the people who will ultimately make the decision over whether or not the deal continues" Who exactly is he waiting to speak to? BK has said no DM has said no is he wanting to speak directly to our bank manager now or what?

Got to say Mark Hughes is starting to iritate me more and more as this drags on. His latest peach "We are still trying to speak to the people who will ultimately make the decision over whether or not the deal continues" Who exactly is he waiting to speak to? BK has said no DM has said no is he wanting to speak directly to our bank manager now or what?

I totally agree, but he will fall flat on his face and I pray I'm around to see it.

"""""Who exactly is he waiting to speak to? BK has said no DM has said no is he wanting to speak directly to our bank manager now or what? """"""""

I wouldnt be surprised.... stranger things have happened...... after all there are no friends in business

We can only rely on the media quotes that EFC are putting out. What Merk Hughes is suggesting is that they have had/are having dialogue with Everton and are waiting for that to pan out - i.e. depends on whether Moyes can get his targets in the transfer market or has to start to look to spend more cash than we currently have

Guest TheBlueBoy

We can only rely on the media quotes that EFC are putting out. What Merk Hughes is suggesting is that they have had/are having dialogue with Everton and are waiting for that to pan out - i.e. depends on whether Moyes can get his targets in the transfer market or has to start to look to spend more cash than we currently have

You Toffee lads never fail to impress me with the way you deal with these things so level headedly and with grace. When i posted that comment i thought.."damn, i hope these lads dont think i'm being an antagonist, Coz thats the furthest thing from my mind". But as always. You lads treated me with courtesy. Cheers fellas. You took my comment as it was intended. Someone who is just trying to get a feel for the mood of the other camp.

As for your posts. I agree entirely with pretty much everything you have said. Lesacott has behaved a bit poorley in regards to the timing of his transfer request. And indeed i agree Jagielka is a better defender, But if he was fit i'm not sure we would have bid for him as Hughes wants a left side, left footed centre back. Who can also provide cover for bridge at left back.

On the issue of Hughes. I agree. I feel he has also behaved poorley. Not because of his persistence. I think during the transfer window a club has a right to bid for any player as many times as they wish. And the owning club of course has the right to reject those bids. The thing i am disapointed with is the way Hughes (on behalf of my beloved club) has blatently used the media to basicly "bully" Everton into selling one of thier players. And that REALLY doesn't sit well with me at all. Plus he has a growing air of smugness that is a.) so far unjustified as he has achieved nothing as yet. And b.) simply makes me squirm a bit :)

If i were you i would literally beg Moyes to get rid of any player who hands in a transfer request. If we put in a 22Mil bid for him then you can get another class CB with over 2 weeks left of the transfer window. Although to tell you the honest truth. I don't really want him. I think there is better we could go for and get... Carvalho, Alex, Hangeland. But thats just in my opinion. :D

You Toffee lads never fail to impress me with the way you deal with these things so level headedly and with grace. When i posted that comment i thought.."damn, i hope these lads dont think i'm being an antagonist, Coz thats the furthest thing from my mind". But as always. You lads treated me with courtesy. Cheers fellas. You took my comment as it was intended. Someone who is just trying to get a feel for the mood of the other camp.

As for your posts. I agree entirely with pretty much everything you have said. Lesacott has behaved a bit poorley in regards to the timing of his transfer request. And indeed i agree Jagielka is a better defender, But if he was fit i'm not sure we would have bid for him as Hughes wants a left side, left footed centre back. Who can also provide cover for bridge at left back.

On the issue of Hughes. I agree. I feel he has also behaved poorley. Not because of his persistence. I think during the transfer window a club has a right to bid for any player as many times as they wish. And the owning club of course has the right to reject those bids. The thing i am disapointed with is the way Hughes (on behalf of my beloved club) has blatently used the media to basicly "bully" Everton into selling one of thier players. And that REALLY doesn't sit well with me at all. Plus he has a growing air of smugness that is a.) so far unjustified as he has achieved nothing as yet. And b.) simply makes me squirm a bit :)

If i were you i would literally beg Moyes to get rid of any player who hands in a transfer request. If we put in a 22Mil bid for him then you can get another class CB with over 2 weeks left of the transfer window. Although to tell you the honest truth. I don't really want him. I think there is better we could go for and get... Carvalho, Alex, Hangeland. But thats just in my opinion. :D

There is a taste of SMUGNESS in all your posts too so Mr Hughes must be wearing off on you.....

If there are better players then why isnt he chasing them..... Be honest your here with your big wooden spoon arnt ya... go on admit it...... Thankfully we Everton fans have been there and done it.........so there is nothing left for us to moan about.....

Im sure ill do the same come christmas.... will be a good laugh checking out bluemoon when you realise that MEGA MILLIONS dont buy you point's in this league

Just seen a great piece from Moyses on SSN, when asked about Mark Hughes' comments about City still being in dialogue withthe people who can make the decision he said that he makes the decisions at his club and he hasnt spoken to anybody at City then had a good little dig at the end and said " I make all the decisions at our club maybe its not the same at thiers"!!

You go Moyes....

David Moyes has told Manchester City manager Mark Hughes that he makes the decisions at Goodison Park and reiterated that Joleon Lescott is not for sale.

Hughes hinted he would go above Moyes' head in his pursuit of England defender Lescott by suggesting City "were in conversations with the people who ultimately make the decisions at Everton".

But Moyes said today: "Lescott has had his head twisted in all of this.

"I hear that City think they are talking to people who make the decisions here, well that's me.

"I make the decisions, they have not talked to me and the player has been consistently told he is not for sale.

"He should get his head around that and get on with his career."

Guest TheBlueBoy

There is a taste of SMUGNESS in all your posts too so Mr Hughes must be wearing off on you.....

If there are better players then why isnt he chasing them..... Be honest your here with your big wooden spoon arnt ya... go on admit it...... Thankfully we Everton fans have been there and done it.........so there is nothing left for us to moan about.....

Im sure ill do the same come christmas.... will be a good laugh checking out bluemoon when you realise that MEGA MILLIONS dont buy you point's in this league

Ha Ha Ha. Danger Mouse....More like Mickey Mouse. The only SMUG one here is you...

If the rest of you Toffee lads read my original comment. I'm sure you will agree i do not deserve the abuse i get off of this guy. It's not the first time he's had a go. I don't get his problem???

If i don't think Lescott is that great. And that a 22mil offer is fair then thats "MY OPINION". The day this forum loses its visiting rival fans is a very sad one. But i think thats what he wants.

So you have a beef with City...Big Whoop. We'll take more justified grief off more worth while people than you. And we'll still be sanding at the end. Because thats who we are.

P.S. MikeO or any of the other mods on this site. If you read this post and decide i have done something wrong. Then prehaps you should read my original post and tell me exactley what i said to deserve this guys hostility??? Taking into acount it's not the first time he has targeted me for abuse.

Danger Mouse. Grab a seat, Take a drink...AND CALM DOWN! :angry:

No one has done anything wrong. It's all just opinion about a touchy subject area. The chance of this subject area being discussed with a consistant level of logic and maturity between Everton and City fans is very small.

We can all go on and accuse people involved with this transfer with acting without class and dignity but if we don't discuss the subject within that manner then we can't really hold our heads high while berating others.

Agree to disagree is the best policy

Edited by jamiemaher85

i will be angry with the player why wait to ask for transfer until the last week before the kick off , if he knew he wanted to go and was gonna force the clubs hands could have done it earlier , it will be funny as f-ck for him now hes done this and he fails the medical coz thats a possibility remember the trouble we had when we signed him he may well have to stop here yet

These sum up my feelings on the matter perfectly, Being from Gloucestershire I'm the only blue who regularly drinks in my local and I've constantly been asked this week on my opinions to which I've replied, 'couldn't really care less if he goes or not now but either way he's a tosser for handing a transfer request in so close to the start of the season' does that really show much respect for the team thats helped you become a player that Shitty would pay over the odds for???

However if he does stay and doesn't let all this affect his game then I'll be fully behind him, he'll still be a tosser for doing it though!!!

Thank you very much Mark Hughes, you have given Moyes the perfect rallying cry ahead of the start of the new season!! Man Shitty well and truly called on their shit, Lescott put in his place, I expect us to tear out of the blocks against Arsenal tomorrow.

"There is not a chance we will sell this close to the end of the window." I take Moyes for his word, put this saga in the file marked closed.

"Moyes added that Lescott "has had his head twisted" as a result of the attention from City but reiterated his insistence that the player will not be leaving Goodison Park. "He should get his head around that and get on with his career," added Moyes." And he hasn't really got much choice - if he wants to go to the World Cup next summer, he better play out of his skin for us.

Haha can't wait to have Shitty at Goodison now, I smell grudge....

"We have got 13 or 14 players which I am happy with and we have some up-and-coming youngsters as well which gives us great hope."

1. Howard

2. Baines

3. Jags

4. Yobo

5. Lescott

6. Felliani

7. Arteta

8. Neville

9. Pienaar

10.Jo

11.Cahill

12.Saha

13.Yakubu

14.Osman? Hibbert?

Are Rodwell/Gosling/Vaughan/Vic considered up and coming youngsters or already in the 13 or 14 moyes is happy with?

From what I've read he wants 2 first teamers (in the next 48hrs) then some squad players to replace VDM, Valente and Castillo. I think the the first teamers will replace osman and hibbo reading into it!

"We have got 13 or 14 players which I am happy with and we have some up-and-coming youngsters as well which gives us great hope."

1. Howard

2. Baines

3. Jags

4. Yobo

5. Lescott

6. Felliani

7. Arteta

8. Neville

9. Pienaar

10.Jo

11.Cahill

12.Saha

13.Yakubu

14.Osman? Hibbert?

Are Rodwell/Gosling/Vaughan/Vic considered up and coming youngsters or already in the 13 or 14 moyes is happy with?

From what I've read he wants 2 first teamers (in the next 48hrs) then some squad players to replace VDM, Valente and Castillo. I think the the first teamers will replace osman and hibbo reading into it!

We do hope my friend...after all this i hope Davey pulls out a reet fuckin coop!! it would make my week n next week, if on Sunday he tells us, that we've signed some top drawer players, would love it :D

Guest TheBlueBoy

Thank you very much Mark Hughes, you have given Moyes the perfect rallying cry ahead of the start of the new season!! Man Shitty well and truly called on their shit, Lescott put in his place, I expect us to tear out of the blocks against Arsenal tomorrow.

"There is not a chance we will sell this close to the end of the window." I take Moyes for his word, put this saga in the file marked closed.

"Moyes added that Lescott "has had his head twisted" as a result of the attention from City but reiterated his insistence that the player will not be leaving Goodison Park. "He should get his head around that and get on with his career," added Moyes." And he hasn't really got much choice - if he wants to go to the World Cup next summer, he better play out of his skin for us.

Haha can't wait to have Shitty at Goodison now, I smell grudge....

I'd be carefull of what i wish for mate...... :P